Official Latrell Mitchell to Souths

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ratrell will end up at lol@souffs, despite what than rancid club states publicly, and if he does I hope we make him rot in reserves next season.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck hey. Hopefully we somehow pull it together now Foran is gone for the year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
“Our first responsibility is to our club and we can’t be inactive in a market like the NRL player market and afford to sit around and wait."

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well done to our club being smart enough to see this whole Latrell circus for what it is and removing ourselves from it weeks ago.
i dont think our club saw anything. its all latrells mob going from club to club up selling him, latrell had apparently agreed to a deal with a club at one point, only to find out his baggage rejected it and kept shopping him around, the deal was pulled a couple of weeks ago.

he will be forced into signing a much cheaper deal at the chooks or be clubless

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i dont think our club saw anything. its all latrells mob going from club to club up selling him, latrell had apparently agreed to a deal with a club at one point, only to find out his baggage rejected it and kept shopping him around, the deal was pulled a couple of weeks ago.

he will be forced into signing a much cheaper deal at the chooks or be clubless
Or titans we should offer him $900k centre not fb champ

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol 950k on offer and his minders screw the Tigers around. Rorters were offering considerably less..... between a rock and a hard place is Latrell....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Pascoe said the club felt an obligation to Tigers fans out what direction the club was heading."

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Fed up Wests Tigers sensationally withdraw Latrell Mitchell offer
The Wests Tigers have sensationally withdrawn their offer for disgruntled Sydney Roosters star Latrell Mitchell.

The shock revelation came on Thursday morning when Tigers chief executive Justin Pascoe contacted the 22-year-old’s management to inform them that they would be pursuing other interests.

The Tigers had previously tabled a four-year $3.8 million offer for the Australian centre.

“We have informed Latrell’s manager that today we have withdrawn our offer,” Pascoe told the Daily Telegraph.

“Our first responsibility is to our club and we can’t be inactive in a market like the NRL player market and afford to sit around and wait.

“We have no ill feeling towards Latrell or his management and if they still would like to talk in the future we would welcome that.

“We will continue to pursue the talent that is out there in order to complement our already talented squad.”

It is understood the Tigers initiated talks two weeks ago, but have become exasperated with the ongoing delays and lack of clarity around Mitchell’s position.

Pascoe said the club felt an obligation to Tigers fans to keep them in the loop about what direction the club was heading.

The Tigers would be willing to reopen negotiations with Mitchell at a later date if they can show a genuine interest in joining the club.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...r/news-story/c78f58ee846bae1e6d51b86c00071f44

Wait a minute 3.8 for a 4 year deal?
I thought it was 3.8 for a 3 year deal.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute 3.8 for a 4 year deal?
I thought it was 3.8 for a 3 year deal.
It could be either but that's just the figure the paper felt like making up today.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loltrell is the type of character who will go toxic at Belmore. He'll take his fat pay cheque and put in fuck all effort.

Mate

New Pup
Reaction score
latrell mitchell is a great role model the way he scores tries i been praying about 2020 is anyone afraid i can feel our new style to score points like cronulla and melbourne but we need our best players out there and they need to be trained in pshycology that helps the elite win football games, im givng the doggies the best shot GO DOGGIES

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems like Latrell and crew keep on burning more bridges with clubs. They've tried to play the game but the club's ain't falling for it. The dude is gonna end up being a waste of talent, it's written all over him.

Glad our club pulled out when they did.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Seems like Latrell and crew keep on burning more bridges with clubs. They've tried to play the game but the club's ain't falling for it. The dude is gonna end up being a waste of talent, it's written all over him.

Glad our club pulled out when they did.
Actually laughable that he turned down the Roosters offer. A team that had just go back to back, a stacked roster that played to his strengths, highest paid centre in the NRL + Rooster benefits...but na I'll turn that down :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually laughable that he turned down the Roosters offer. A team that had just go back to back, a stacked roster that played to his strengths, highest paid centre in the NRL + Rooster benefits...but na I'll turn that down :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yep, he definitely fucked up a good thing with them. Roosters have him by the balls now if no one else picks him up. You would be thinking if you were a club and these other clubs keep pulling out then something has to be wrong. I guess you string people on long enough they get fed up and you end up by yourself with ya dick in ya hand.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It was a more then fair offer and overs I'd say. I think he was expecting to get offers in the 1-1.1m range tho. I don't have an issue with him leaving the Roosters if clubs were willing to pay that to entice him (similar to RTS). I'm not sure what he's done behind the scene to of "burnt bridges" with every club including the Roosters. I think worst case scenario he's going to be paid what he's worth (700k imo) or an extra 50-100k. I don't see him playing at the Roosters tho. So now him rejecting the 800k looks silly but that's hindsight.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mundine must be the worst player manager going at the moment.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thing he played he last game for the roosters and stringing everyone along until Feb 2020. So he can get four month pay out of the rooster and sign with for 850 next year to push him over the million next year. The question is what happens next year when he wants a mil out a teams salary playing at centre to make about 12 hit ups a game.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I assume Holbrook was at the Rorters at the same time as Latrell? Wonder what their relationship was like at the time...

Throw in an esteemed indigenous former high profile player as a role model and mentor..