• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
and the saga continues, the Rooster mgt really are one step ahead when it comes to shit like this, they called his bluff and bingo

The Wests Tigers have sensationally pulled their offer to Latrell Mitchell.

The joint-venture outfit has grown tired of waiting for an answer to their three-year offer and have decided to explore other options. The shock move could leave the disgruntled Rooster without an alternative given other clubs don’t have the funds to meet his almost $1 million-per-season asking price.

The Tigers had hoped their offer, which would have effectively become a four-year deal starting from 2020 if the Roosters granted a release, was enough to lure the NSW and Australian centre. But not even the chance to play fullback was enough to get a prompt response.

The Tigers have pulled their offer to Latrell Mitchell.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

The Cowboys and Titans have been mooted as potential alternatives, but they would need to offload several players in order to table an offer approaching Mitchell’s market value.

Sources have told the Herald that Mitchell was prepared to wait up until Christmas before making a call on his future. The Tigers, who have $1.7 million left in their salary cap to spend for 2020, weren’t prepared to wait that long.

Club officials had become frustrated with the delays, privately believing the 22 year old may have been waiting for a better offer elsewhere. The Tigers haven’t closed the door altogether on restarting negotiations, but took a strong stance to show they wouldn’t be used as a bargaining tool or fallback option.

Mitchell still has a year to run on his Roosters contract, but there premiers want him off their books as soon as possible. Mitchell’s teammates are currently in the United States on a working holiday to celebrate their grand final win. While Roosters players are training and partying in America, Mitchell has remained in Taree to sort out his future and assist with the bushfire relief effort in his hometown.
Another article basically stating we didn’t have the funds available

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There has been no validity of that 850k offer and the roosters pitching in. Unless it is was made by someone secretly without anyone else at the club knowing about it, it didn’t happen
Well we were interested and anything below 850k would of been a massive low ball so I personally am going to believe it more than not. Regardless of the amount Latrell is vulnerable right now so there's no reason not to put another offer in with a 1 week deadline or something. Latrell's also possibly hurt his market value now. I do think he's waiting for the Rabbitohs but they're not going to have a response regardless Burgess until next year (latest coming out of the media - I think NRL.com). Roosters are also in a hurry to get Latrell's money for next year off the books.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to put our first offer back on the table! Cowboys already have three 1m players. Titans are the last club a player based outside QLD would sign for (unless money is an incentive of course). Surely his position at the Roosters is untenable. Maybe our 850k offer with Roosters chipping in what we don't have (what we heard early days in the Latrell saga) is still possible. I have a feeling he wants to go to the Rabbitohs but they're not getting Burgess' compensation until possibly next year. Can this really go on for another month+?
Sounds like he wants to move next year and I doubt we could afford $850k without offloading someone until '21. I also doubt the Roosters would pick any of the tab now - just my sense of how they tend to operate. If we could do a deal for $850k next year I'd be tempted to offer it, but give him 48 hours only to decide so we control things and aren't part of his circus.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He doesn't have an offer to sit on anymore. I think he wants to go to the Rabbitohs but is he going to wait at least one month with nothing lined up? Things change very quickly.
His only offer was at the Tigers and that didn’t force his hand either.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sounds like he wants to move next year and I doubt we could afford $850k without offloading someone until '21. I also doubt the Roosters would pick any of the tab now - just my sense of how they tend to operate. If we could do a deal for $850k next year I'd be tempted to offer it, but give him 48 hours only to decide so we control things and aren't part of his circus.
We might need 100-200k chipped in as it stands. I know it isn't how they operate which is why it's hard to believe but they also offered Latrell overs (imo) to re-sign him which is something they also don't do.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well we were interested and anything below 850k would of been a massive low ball so I personally am going to believe it more than not. Regardless of the amount Latrell is vulnerable right now so there's no reason not to put another offer in with a 1 week deadline or something. Latrell's also possibly hurt his market value now. I do think he's waiting for the Rabbitohs but they're not going to have a response regardless Burgess until next year (latest coming out of the media - I think NRL.com). Roosters are also in a hurry to get Latrell's money for next year off the books.
The club made it very clear we weren’t interested from a very early stage.
They don’t usually do that so what does that tell you? His management and hangers on were trying to use us to drive his price up.

Do you really want to buy a player on money we don’t have who is “vulnerable” and already showing signs of personal issues?

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Latrell is a good golfer, but plays by himself???...................strange.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The club made it very clear we weren’t interested from a very early stage.
They don’t usually do that so what does that tell you? His management and hangers on were trying to use us to drive his price up.

Do you really want to buy a player on money we don’t have who is “vulnerable” and already showing signs of personal issues?
If we don't have the money and the Roosters don't chip in then we can't obviously. I would 100% take him especially for 850k if it was possible.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we don't have the money and the Roosters don't chip in then we can't obviously. I would 100% take him especially for 850k if it was possible.
I’m glad you’re one of the ones that get it mate

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
There are reasons why clubs aren't falling over themselves to chase Mitchell.

None of it is being reported, but if he was worth the money (all things being considered) then clubs would be throwing the coin at him.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There are reasons why clubs aren't falling over themselves to chase Mitchell.

None of it is being reported, but if he was worth the money (all things being considered) then clubs would be throwing the coin at him.
If the likes of Keary, Munster, RTS, Tedesco were available, every club in the NRL would be doing what they could to get them over, and they probably wouldn't bat an eyelid with their asking price, yet everyone to date has said no thank you to Mitchell and his asking price

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This all seems like haumono, sonny bill, even to an extent Mundine to a lesser extent.

Mundine Obviously got in their ear. Told them you are better then this. Year are the best player in the game. If Tedesco is on 1.2 you should be on 1.4 etc etc etc. plays the race card. Plays the look after your family card. Plays the value yourself card. And he obviously buying into it. Just like sonny bill did.

To be honest it is a very different situation. But at 22. Take the 800-900k on offer. You’ll be off contract at 25. And if you perform well. New tv rights deal around the corner. Possibly salary cap increase. You can get your 1.2-1.3 million then. And at 25 you’ll still have 5-7 years of your best years ahead of you.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To see every club withdraw their offer. I wonder if there are esl options. Maybe the wolf pack? Seems strange to be a superstar and teams ending negotiations.

Hopefully cowboys are keen and we call up to see the availability of Hess, feldt and Granville. With cowboys chipping in. I’d be happy with them :p makes us a better team and they get their superstar :p (will give them 4 fullbacks and 3 of them on 1 million + :p)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
To see every club withdraw their offer. I wonder if there are esl options. Maybe the wolf pack? Seems strange to be a superstar and teams ending negotiations.

Hopefully cowboys are keen and we call up to see the availability of Hess, feldt and Granville. With cowboys chipping in. I’d be happy with them :p makes us a better team and they get their superstar :p (will give them 4 fullbacks and 3 of them on 1 million + :p)
We don't want Hess. Poor (in and out of the team and mainly coming off the bench) last season and we're stacked in the Second Row already. I can see the other two being handy tho (upgrades on what we have at least). I don't see how the Cowboys roster can function with four players on 1m (maybe Latrell is going to get less now?).

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Time to put our first offer back on the table! Cowboys already have three 1m players. Titans are the last club a player based outside QLD would sign for (unless money is an incentive of course). Surely his position at the Roosters is untenable. Maybe our 850k offer with Roosters chipping in what we don't have (what we heard early days in the Latrell saga) is still possible. I have a feeling he wants to go to the Rabbitohs but they're not getting Burgess' compensation until possibly next year. Can this really go on for another month+?
Wait, isn't the formula "offer the highest amount other clubs are offering, plus $200k to $300k overs"? By MY calculations, $0 + $200k to $300k (hell, let's call it $300k, we don't want to sound CHEAP...) is $300k! I'm down for it under those figures, where's the paperwork??? :laughing:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wait, isn't the formula "offer the highest amount other clubs are offering, plus $200k to $300k overs"? By MY calculations, $0 + $200k to $300k (hell, let's call it $300k, we don't want to sound CHEAP...) is $300k! I'm down for it under those figures, where's the paperwork??? :laughing:
Brilliant

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
It isn't funny and it's even less funny when you blow it out of proportion. If another club in a better situation than us (almost all of them) offer the same amount as us he isn't going to sign with us. The more the player is worth the more you're going to have to pay extra to entice. It really isn't rocket science. I think for a player close to 1m already you're going to have to add 200-300k personally. You can think whatever you like tho. Clubs will sign Latrell, the lowest amount I see him getting is 700k which is what he's worth. Therefor starting at 0 is stupid. If no one except us (not true) wanted him then we could get him for 700k. You can laugh at the figures I give but the principle is still there (which is what you're actually laughing at which shows you're not intelligent to me).

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It isn't funny and it's even less funny when you blow it out of proportion. If another club in a better situation than us (almost all of them) offer the same amount as us he isn't going to sign with us. The more the player is worth the more you're going to have to pay extra to entice. It really isn't rocket science. I think for a player close to 1m already you're going to have to add 200-300k personally. You can think whatever you like tho. Clubs will sign Latrell, the lowest amount I see him getting is 700k which is what he's worth. Therefor starting at 0 is stupid. If no one except us (not true) wanted him then we could get him for 700k. You can laugh at the figures I give but the principle is still there (which is what you're actually laughing at which shows you're not intelligent to me).