Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
OK, I was prepared to just not reply to any more of your posts, but i just need to say this one thing thats been said a few times but here it is again. As you know, along with everyone else, the old board basically left the club in tatters, the new board has only had two season to try and rectify the situation and get us back on track. They said it would take up to three years for things to change, we are currently entering year two and you're going on like we've won the spoon for five consecutive seasons. I'm not denying that on the field we've stunk worse than motely crue after 4 days of non-stop partying, and if we were in the same spot we are now by the end of 2021 then I can sort of get your frustration, but you can't expect us to just wave a wand and be juggernauts and recruit whoever we want within a year. On the field, rebuilding a roster, actually developing a junior base, etc, these things take time. Anyway, I've said my piece, you clearly don't agree so I'll leave you to post more unrealisting dribble
The negative bitches will ignore that. Dribble they want trophies now dribble

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be honest, it’s been pretty much common knowledge they had money to spend and had kept money aside for Holmes. I know people want to shit on the bulldogs but this was a bad comparison
How am I shitting on the Bulldogs? I've been saying for months that he'd sign there. I haven't said one word complaining that we missed out on him. I certainly wouldn't be signing him to a six year deal.

I still think that they'd be going over the cap with all of the signings they've made and maintain that pretty much every team but us and the Tigers would be over the cap.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How am I shitting on the Bulldogs? I've been saying for months that he'd sign there. I haven't said one word complaining that we missed out on him. I certainly wouldn't be signing him to a six year deal.

I still think that they'd be going over the cap with all of the signings they've made and maintain that pretty much every team but us and the Tigers would be over the cap.
Just in general. You’re not as bad as others though. So just us and the tigers are under the cap and the other 14 are over?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just in general. You’re not as bad as others though. So just us and the tigers are under the cap and the other 14 are over?
I think you're confusing shitting on with posing questions.

The Roosters, Brisbane, Cronulla, Newcastle, Souths and Parra would all be over the cap for sure.

Canberra, Manly, Melbourne, Nth Qld and Saints would all be close or over.

Realistically the Titans, Penrith, Tigers, Warriors and us wouldn't be over.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Every team is under the cap or will be before the start of next season (Sharks).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you're confusing shitting on with posing questions.

The Roosters, Brisbane, Cronulla, Newcastle, Souths and Parra would all be over the cap for sure.

Canberra, Manly, Melbourne, Nth Qld and Saints would all be close or over.

Realistically the Titans, Penrith, Tigers, Warriors and us wouldn't be over.
Maybe mate but how do we ever prove that? With the NRL’s track record they’ll be relying on a whistleblower from one of the clubs to come forward

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe mate but how do we ever prove that? With the NRL’s track record they’ll be relying on a whistleblower from one of the clubs to come forward
That's my point. It's all conjecture and innuendo. If they publish the salaries, then we wouldn't have this issue. Not to this degree anyway. What reason do they have for not publishing the salaries when every other International sporting league does?

The only reason I can think of is that they're completely incompetent and/or they actually don't want a legitimate salary cap. That way the power teams like the Roosters, Souths, Melbourne and Brisbane are afforded a greater chance to win due to their greater financial power and clout...

Last edited:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its the Wrong Holmes.. Lynnes after the younger brother John Holmes.. He has a few strings to his bow..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's my point. It's all conjecture and innuendo. If they publish the salaries, then we wouldn't have this issue. Not to this degree anyway. What reason do they have for not publishing the salaries when every other International sporting league does?

The only reason I can think of is that they're completely incompetent and/or they actually don't want a legitimate salary cap. That way the power teams like the Roosters, Souths, Melbourne and Brisbane are afforded a greater chance to win due to their greater financial power and clout...
I agree with you 100%
My pet hate in the media, here and in general are the assumptions about congrats figures. They are 95% wrong and in respect to the players in the current system I for one won’t correct them. If the NRL want to be professional they’ll publish contract and TPA figures. You’ll never stop paper bags from the likes of Politis but at least the ATO have more to work with too

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OK, I was prepared to just not reply to any more of your posts, but i just need to say this one thing thats been said a few times but here it is again. As you know, along with everyone else, the old board basically left the club in tatters, the new board has only had two season to try and rectify the situation and get us back on track. They said it would take up to three years for things to change, we are currently entering year two and you're going on like we've won the spoon for five consecutive seasons. I'm not denying that on the field we've stunk worse than motely crue after 4 days of non-stop partying, and if we were in the same spot we are now by the end of 2021 then I can sort of get your frustration, but you can't expect us to just wave a wand and be juggernauts and recruit whoever we want within a year. On the field, rebuilding a roster, actually developing a junior base, etc, these things take time. Anyway, I've said my piece, you clearly don't agree so I'll leave you to post more unrealisting dribble
Actually they are entering year 3

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go the meeting then and be heard. Why not?
I dont need to remind the board to do their job
The best way to force change is to not give them anything in terms of money and memberships until things change, sometimes you gotta do that shit for the better of the club moving forward

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont need to remind the board to do their job
The best way to force change is to not give them anything in terms of money and memberships until things change, sometimes you gotta do that shit for the better of the club moving forward
They know how to do their job but you seem to know better. Be a voice and turn up and tell them how you would run a football club. They know they have loyal
long term members who always renew to support the club and the fickle ones who come out of the woodwork when we are top of the table. I’m not being a smartarse but they don’t have a crystal ball so go tell them how you feel and why

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They know how to do their job but you seem to know better. Be a voice and turn up and tell them how you would run a football club. They know they have loyal
long term members who always renew to support the club and the fickle ones who come out of the woodwork when we are top of the table. I’m not being a smartarse but they don’t have a crystal ball so go tell them how you feel and why
I’ve always supported the club through the shit times, in 2008 I never missed a game, but sometimes it gets to a point where you need to do something different, just because I say that I’m not gonna be a member, doesn’t mean I don’t love or support the club

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
So we now have to believe all the media articles the last 18 months on Valentine Holmes...ok I gotcha, but any article involving the dogs and recruitment is utter garbage....gotcha, I'm on board now ..
Holmes and his manager used the media to voice their preference to go to the Cowboys if the NFL trial failed, did ya get that too fmd!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’ve always supported the club through the shit times, in 2008 I never missed a game, but sometimes it gets to a point where you need to do something different, just because I say that I’m not gonna be a member, doesn’t mean I don’t love or support the club
I’m not saying you don’t but as I said they know how many people drift off and come back. It’s best to let them know why you want the board gone so badly. After what they are recovering from I totally disagree with you but want you to have your own voice and opinion where it actually counts

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not saying you don’t but as I said they know how many people drift off and come back. It’s best to let them know why you want the board gone so badly. After what they are recovering from I totally disagree with you but want you to have your own voice and opinion where it actually counts
That’s probably the most civil reply I’ve had on here lol out of the lot

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You just contradicted yourself mate, being a member is supporting your club yet you said...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We aren’t your enemy. Most of us want want the best for the club. Some here almost want us to fail so they can justify their negative rants. You can do as you please but when given a real opportunity to express your views in a constructive way I hope you do so

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well talk sense and stop bitching and start supporting and I’m guessing you will get a lot more civil responses in future.

Status
Not open for further replies.