Official Cowboys sign Valentine Holmes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I can also see both Justin O’Neill and Te Marie Martin both going into medical retirement

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
No offence intended but seriously man, if you post a new thread everytime a club makes a signing you'll soon surpass bradtalo in the stupidity ranks, in fact I think you already have
Quote of the week mate lmao...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plus Barba, Jordan Kahu, Javid Bowen, Gideon Gela-Mosby, Enari Tuala, Baptiste & Anderson
Barba's contract was torn up so that didn't count against the cap and they would have used that money on Drinkwater.

Kahu, Gela-Mosby, Tuala, Baptiste and Anderson would all have been on or near the minimum and they would be replaced by someone else in the 2020 squad for the same amount or more.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Barba's contract was torn up so that didn't count against the cap and they would have used that money on Drinkwater.

Kahu, Gela-Mosby, Tuala, Baptiste and Anderson would all have been on or near the minimum and they would be replaced by someone else in the 2020 squad for the same amount or more.
Kahu minimum? No. The others add up the list plus Scott & Bolton. They had more money to spend than we did. That’s my point

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No offence intended but seriously man, if you post a new thread everytime a club makes a signing you'll soon surpass bradtalo in the stupidity ranks, in fact I think you already have
The only stupid people on here are the ones that think the current board are doing a banging job

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was only ever going to Cowboys to play with he family so no surprise there and you and make out we were ever viable option. Or you make it the board and club are shit at recruitment again.
But the club is shit at recruitment though

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
C’mon man, be realistic Holmes was only ever going to the Cowboys it was never a secret, has been openly talked about for the last 18 months ffs.
Last time I checked the last 18 months he was playing NFL

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get the disappointment about LM, because he was a chance but Holmes ? Lol he was never on ANYONE'S list other than the Cowboys.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Last time I checked the last 18 months he was playing NFL
Seriously bud every man and hid dog knew Holmes would never make it the NFL, thats why the Cowboys kept 1 mil free to sign him once he failed to make the cut...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously bud every man and hid dog knew Holmes would never make it the NFL, thats why the Cowboys kept 1 mil free to sign him once he failed to make the cut...
You never know unless you try

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think you’re just trying to get some runs on the board when it comes to messages and likes received with these shit posts! Give it a rest bud.
Nah loll this club has been mediocre for too long, I’m a concerned citizen

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we now have to believe all the media articles the last 18 months on Valentine Holmes...ok I gotcha, but any article involving the dogs and recruitment is utter garbage....gotcha, I'm on board now ..
C’mon man, be realistic Holmes was only ever going to the Cowboys it was never a secret, has been openly talked about for the last 18 months ffs.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we now have to believe all the media articles the last 18 months on Valentine Holmes...ok I gotcha, but any article involving the dogs and recruitment is utter garbage....gotcha, I'm on board now ..
People on here are hell bent on making excuses for our shit boards inability to do what needs to be done

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
People on here are hell bent on making excuses for our shit boards inability to do what needs to be done
Go the meeting then and be heard. Why not?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kahu minimum? No. The others add up the list plus Scott & Bolton. They had more money to spend than we did. That’s my point
He was signed last minute from the Broncos and was/is bog average. I doubt they paid much. I'm not saying they didn't have space, I just don't think they had that much space and they've done some creative accounting like a lot of other clubs.

But until the NRL becomes a professional league and publish the salaries, it will always be a guessing game while most teams cheat the cap.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He was signed last minute from the Broncos and was/is bog average. I doubt they paid much. I'm not saying they didn't have space, I just don't think they had that much space and they've done some creative accounting like a lot of other clubs.

But until the NRL becomes a professional league and publish the salaries, it will always be a guessing game while most teams cheat the cap.
To be honest, it’s been pretty much common knowledge they had money to spend and had kept money aside for Holmes. I know people want to shit on the bulldogs but this was a bad comparison

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OK, I was prepared to just not reply to any more of your posts, but i just need to say this one thing thats been said a few times but here it is again. As you know, along with everyone else, the old board basically left the club in tatters, the new board has only had two season to try and rectify the situation and get us back on track. They said it would take up to three years for things to change, we are currently entering year two and you're going on like we've won the spoon for five consecutive seasons. I'm not denying that on the field we've stunk worse than motely crue after 4 days of non-stop partying, and if we were in the same spot we are now by the end of 2021 then I can sort of get your frustration, but you can't expect us to just wave a wand and be juggernauts and recruit whoever we want within a year. On the field, rebuilding a roster, actually developing a junior base, etc, these things take time. Anyway, I've said my piece, you clearly don't agree so I'll leave you to post more unrealisting dribble

Status
Not open for further replies.