Opinion Dogged division over player dividends

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I guess one way to look at this is when he left we were well into the reign of the Despot and by that time the junior program was disregarded if not totally forgotten and the likes of T. Williams were brought in.

So yes, whilst that was a ‘club’ decision it was part of a clearly failed experiment which is in the process of being rebuilt.
He left last this season though? Not talking about when he left years back.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
He left last this season though? Not talking about when he left years back.
He came back?
I thought he left the Dogs 2013/14.
He went to the Titans, then England, then NZ.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He came back?
Was with us last season and I think the season before that, ISP player of the year for us last season.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Was with us last season and I think the season before that, ISP player of the year for us last season.
My bad. 2018. Forgot. Hence connection to Sue etc. Too many in front of him but may have missed his window anyway.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He came back?
He was 19 (season 2019), skipper of our SG Ball grand final side in 2018 -inexplicably the Club didn’t see him in the mix for a top 30 or development spot. Wasn’t held in high regard by the coaching staff (not mentally tough enough).We’re also in danger of losing his younger brother Lachlan. They are the sons of former Bulldog Willie Talau

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
S
He was 19 (season 2019), skipper of our SG Ball grand final side in 2018 -inexplicably the Club didn’t see him in the mix for a top 30 or development spot. Wasn’t held in high regard by the coaching staff (not mentally tough enough).We’re also in danger of losing his younger brother Lachlan. They are the sons of former Bulldog Willie Talau
Sorry I was referring to Burr.
Understood re: Talau’s though. Cheers.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We're talking about Burr not Tommy...but the Tommy Talau thing is defenitely concerning and looks like it could be happening again.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
My bad. 2018. Forgot. Hence connection to Sue etc. Too many in front of him but may have missed his window anyway.
Yes....but my issue is why did the club decide that they wouldn't reward him with a spot in the 30, that's all he was asking for. Instead the club went out and recruited depth from outside the club despite it already being here.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yes....but my issue is why did the club decide that they wouldn't reward him with a spot in the 30, that's all he was asking for. Instead the club went out and recruited depth from outside the club despite it already being here.
Yeah hence my point earlier today with McDonnell - just seemed to grab someone from the Tigers to look busy. He didn’t last long.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
mate, Nathan brown is a shit coach, my point is if knights thought meaney was that good they wouldn’t have bought ponga, so we got the reject. And cogger is shit, that’s why knights bought Pearce... We fluked it with dwz, and CHN is not great, just good.
Disagree completely... Meaney is solid and Cogger is improving every game he plays... Can't rip on the kids when they have been part of 2 of the shittest teams / forward packs of the modern game.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Disagree completely... Meaney is solid and Cogger is improving every game he plays... Can't rip on the kids when they have been part of 2 of the shittest teams / forward packs of the modern game.
Who are you comparing Meaney and Cogger too tho? Look through other teams rosters. They'd struggle to make anyone else's team (if anyone). As it stands (I'm not going to 100% rule them out) I wouldn't want them in our 2021 team.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until cogger can tackle and not get dominated in defence he will never rise to any great heights

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously you don't want any of our players to be good enough to make rep teams ? Yes extending players like Chris Smith that's a great plan to win a comp.

Can't believe you're finding ways to justify it's better to have an average player than a player who can actually win games for us (someone like Semi Radradra for example). If you'd rather have a whole team of Chris Smith's rather than a team full of Smith type players with 1 or 2 Radradra's then no wonder our team is average and not winning comps.
That's your interpretation of what I wrote; but that's not what I actually said.

My comment was that high priced superstars often come with baggage that affects the morale of the team. What service have we had from Foran? Remember T-Rex? Our regular players have to pick up the slack - do you reckon they don't wonder why they have do the heavy lifting while these characters are sitting around on their massive salaries?

Better that we focus on good players with the potential to develop into stars, than buy high priced players whose clubs are happy to release.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Until cogger can tackle and not get dominated in defence he will never rise to any great heights
Didn’t people say that about Thurston & Lockyer?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He doesn't arm grab he takes the hit, it's all about the players beside him to work together. Maloney and Soward are the perfect example

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And? He’s from Townsville.
He was always going there when the NFL bubble burst.
Nothing to do with the Bulldogs.
Pointless comment #3157.

#AlzzBulldogOut
GODAMMIT!!!!

Pesky facts getting in the way of a good agenda!!!!!!

#nasheed>Alzzbulldog