Official Channel-Harris tavita

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
It's driving me fucking nuts to see the level of panic and discontent. As far as I know, the only player to have changed clubs for season 2021 is the 19yo moving to the tigers. People are acting like 99% of off contract players have secured new deals already.
Latrell was for 2021 but will now move early.

All the other 2021 elite talent is now locked up.

We aren’t the only club locking up our guns (like Chris Smith )

Elliot and montoya and holland better be swiftly upgraded! We want to keep the core of spoon worthy squads in place.

That’s the reality.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Latrell was for 2021 but will now move early.

All the other 2021 elite talent is now locked up.

We aren’t the only club locking up our guns (like Chris Smith )

Elliot and montoya and holland better be swiftly upgraded! We want to keep the core of spoon worthy squads in place.

That’s the reality.
You need depth as well as top 17 players. The club knows that. We've let quite a few players that never improved move on.

Montoya hasn't ever matched the promise he showed in his debut season. I don't think he's as diabolical as many others do though.

Holland lacks consistency, but is very versatile and adds a pretty good goal kicking option. Handy to have. He's copped more criticism than I think is warranted.

Elliott makes some errors and occasionally gives away penalties, but also has patches of great form and he looks like he's not a player that gives up. Often those errors and penalties occur because he's trying hard to get the side to play with some spirit.

As far as other talent being locked up. The Turbo brothers weren't moving in my opinion. Mitchell seems like he's going to shop himself around and ensure he gets every last dollar he can. If he continues to improve I get the impression he's potentially going to be disruptive in seeking upgrades or a release if more money is offered to him. And last of all is Fifita who I think might be keen to stay in Brisbane.

So it's a matter of looking for players that will improve our roster from what's left in the NRL or Super League. I think that quite a few intelligent players that are on the verge of stepping into the NRL will hold off on choosing their clubs for 2021 in the hopes that they'll increase their value through the season ahead. I just don't think that it's time for desperation plays from our club. We saw the previous board throw massive contracts at Foran and Woods because of pressure from the fans. I don't want to see the club act hastily this time around. Quality players emerge every year and the year ahead will be no exception.

I don't blame people for wanting to see some good signings right now. I'd like that too. But a year is a long time in league. And I think that there are enough clubs with money to spend that players will be pretty patient with regards to getting new deals.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You need depth as well as top 17 players. The club knows that. We've let quite a few players that never improved move on.

Montoya hasn't ever matched the promise he showed in his debut season. I don't think he's as diabolical as many others do though.

Holland lacks consistency, but is very versatile and adds a pretty good goal kicking option. Handy to have. He's copped more criticism than I think is warranted.

Elliott makes some errors and occasionally gives away penalties, but also has patches of great form and he looks like he's not a player that gives up. Often those errors and penalties occur because he's trying hard to get the side to play with some spirit.

As far as other talent being locked up. The Turbo brothers weren't moving in my opinion. Mitchell seems like he's going to shop himself around and ensure he gets every last dollar he can. If he continues to improve I get the impression he's potentially going to be disruptive in seeking upgrades or a release if more money is offered to him. And last of all is Fifita who I think might be keen to stay in Brisbane.

So it's a matter of looking for players that will improve our roster from what's left in the NRL or Super League. I think that quite a few intelligent players that are on the verge of stepping into the NRL will hold off on choosing their clubs for 2021 in the hopes that they'll increase their value through the season ahead. I just don't think that it's time for desperation plays from our club. We saw the previous board throw massive contracts at Foran and Woods because of pressure from the fans. I don't want to see the club act hastily this time around. Quality players emerge every year and the year ahead will be no exception.

I don't blame people for wanting to see some good signings right now. I'd like that too. But a year is a long time in league. And I think that there are enough clubs with money to spend that players will be pretty patient with regards to getting new deals.
Mate there’s a lot more names than the turbos latrell and Fifita.

Look at guys like Scott for example. Marsters, Holmes, Croft even.

Hargreaves, twal, the 4 the storm upgraded, channel Harris, the eels young gun prop that tigers picked up.

Talk of lomax, semi, tko all sorted futures too.

We are linked to Leuila and Frawley and Reynolds...

There’s concerns in my eyes. Without even saying the turbo bro’s, latrell, Fifita as out and out stars.

Holmes and semi fit in that list too in my opinion.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mate there’s a lot more names than the turbos latrell and Fifita.

Look at guys like Scott for example. Marsters, Holmes, Croft even.

Hargreaves, twal, the 4 the storm upgraded, channel Harris, the eels young gun prop that tigers picked up.

Talk of lomax, semi, tko all sorted futures too.

We are linked to Leuila and Frawley and Reynolds...

There’s concerns in my eyes. Without even saying the turbo bro’s, latrell, Fifita as out and out stars.

Holmes and semi fit in that list too in my opinion.
I have this list, it's slowly getting smaller...

Bird - Centre
Fifita - Second Row/Lock
Flegler - Prop
Milford - Fullback/Five-Eighth
Oates - Winger
Staggs - Centre
Turpin - Hooker
Cotric - Winger/Centre
Wighton - Centre/Fullback/Five-Eighth
Townsend - Halfback
Arrow - Prop/Lock
Suli - Centre
Fa'asuamaleaui - Prop
Grant - Hooker
Olam - Centre
Papenhuyzen - Fullback
Vunivalu - Winger
Brown - Five-Eighth
Mahoney - Hooker
Walker - Five-Eighth
Frizell - Second Row/Lock
Lomax - Centre
Butcher - Second Row/Lock
Lam - Five-Eighth
Latrell - Centre/Fullback
Taukeiaho - Prop

There are a few on contract but I don't include those. Also some of the players (a lot actually) are in discussions with other clubs or re-signing currently. I still stand by having to be signing players now (people were saying it's only the 1st of November, well now it's the 23rd 1/5th of the transfer window).

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I have this list, it's slowly getting smaller...

Bird - Centre
Fifita - Second Row/Lock
Flegler - Prop
Milford - Fullback/Five-Eighth
Oates - Winger
Staggs - Centre
Turpin - Hooker
Cotric - Winger/Centre
Wighton - Centre/Fullback/Five-Eighth
Townsend - Halfback
Arrow - Prop/Lock
Suli - Centre
Fa'asuamaleaui - Prop
Grant - Hooker
Olam - Centre
Papenhuyzen - Fullback
Vunivalu - Winger
Brown - Five-Eighth
Mahoney - Hooker
Walker - Five-Eighth
Frizell - Second Row/Lock
Lomax - Centre
Butcher - Second Row/Lock
Lam - Five-Eighth
Latrell - Centre/Fullback
Taukeiaho - Prop

There are a few on contract but I don't include those. Also some of the players (a lot actually) are in discussions with other clubs or re-signing currently. I still stand by having to be signing players now (people were saying it's only the 1st of November, well now it's the 23rd 1/5th of the transfer window).
Why do you think no clubs have signed new players for 2021?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why do you think no clubs have signed new players for 2021?
Why do you think clubs are retaining players for 2021? We're the most desperate club on the market for 2021 with the most money (?). It doesn't really matter about the other clubs tbh. Every day more and more players are being locked up and that is a fact. At least 13 players on the list I've given are linked with re-signing or a move away.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why do you think clubs are retaining players for 2021? We're the most desperate club on the market for 2021 with the most money (?). It doesn't really matter about the other clubs tbh. Every day more and more players are being locked up. That is a fact.
They obviously don’t want to leave their current clubs then do they

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
They obviously don’t want to leave their current clubs then do they
Not for the same $ to a team expected to come second last next season.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Or clearly even more money
Okay, but not enough obviously. Needs to be an incentive. An extra $1 (exaggeration btw) isn't going to cut it. Latrell's offer should of been capped at 950k for e.g. An extra 200k (850k offer) was the lowest amount of overs we could of offered without being a laughing stock. Maybe we would of already had that deal wrapped up... I'd love to give more examples post October 31st but we're waiting for a star to fall into our lap apparently.

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Okay, but not enough obviously. Needs to be an incentive. An extra $1 (exaggeration btw) isn't going to cut it. Latrell's offer should of been capped at 950k for e.g. An extra 200k (850k offer) was the lowest amount of overs we could of offered without being a laughing stock. Maybe we would of already had that deal wrapped up... I'd love to give more examples post October 31st but we're waiting for a star to fall into our lap apparently.
How many times do I need to tell you we didn’t have the money for 2020 so made it clear we weren’t in the race

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
How many times do I need to tell you we didn’t have the money for 2020 so made it clear we weren’t in the race
How long were we chasing Latrell for? What I'm saying is if we offered up to 950k before everything unfolded maybe he's already here? Why is 850k the highest amount I've heard reported. I'm talking about 2021 btw.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How long were we chasing Latrell for? What I'm saying is if we offered up to 950k before everything unfolded maybe he's already here?
Maybe he would be if we have the money and not long at all. Most of the “interest” his manager claimed was just to bluff the roosters & it backfired. They called his bluff didn’t they

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dont worry there will be many more we will add and then remove off the list..