Cricket The Cricket 2019/20 Thread

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi all,

Its going to be a disjointed summer with a few random 20/20s starting this Sunday against SL then Pakistan, then two Pakistan tests, then three NZ tests, then nicking off to India and SA for a couple of months, before returning to play NZ in some one dayers in March.

I think not having any cricket in summer (besides the big bash) is a shame. I guess we know our paymasters are these days (2020 and of course, India). Could be worse - we could be playing this stupid Hundred thing.

Bring on the sort-of summer of cricket.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not a massive cricket fan but I think the big bash is awesome. Has refreshed the game and exposes some great young talent that we would never have seen.
Weekly live and entertaining sport is also a big tick for me

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Big bash is where it’s at. Exciting format !!

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no cricket on the telly sucks james packer sold out kerry packers cricket

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no cricket on the telly sucks james packer sold out kerry packers cricket
I assume you mean free to air TV? The majority of the summer's cricket will still be on it, including the tests and big bash (mens and women's).

Not sure how James Packer is at fault TBH. Packers haven't been involved with Nine for a decade.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Love nsw cricket team at full strength could beat most test teams

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone paying attention to the Brisbane test against Pakistan? Are we seeing proof that there is a massive gap between Australia and Australia A (given how well Pakistan played against them in the tour match), or is this more of a Gabba thing?

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone paying attention to the Brisbane test against Pakistan? Are we seeing proof that there is a massive gap between Australia and Australia A (given how well Pakistan played against them in the tour match), or is this more of a Gabba thing?
Pretty much as expected. I thought Paki's might get 250 and Australia would then lead by 300 on 1st innings. Not too far wrong at this stage. Faark, Steve Smith might score 400 and we'll lead by 500 on first innings. Apparently they left out their best bowler for reasons only known to them.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pretty much as expected. I thought Paki's might get 250 and Australia would then lead by 300 on 1st innings. Not too far wrong at this stage. Faark, Steve Smith might score 400 and we'll lead by 500 on first innings. Apparently they left out their best bowler for reasons only known to them.
Yeah, Abbas, which is weird, it'd be like Aus not picking Cummins...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I spent day 2 at the Gabba, and its literally men v boys out there.

Opening bowler were a pair of 130km/h trundlers who were rightly carted. Then the 16 year old kid comes on - he was quick and enthusiastic, and I liked his bravado in putting Warner on his feet, but his bowling, as lone would expect was a tad one dimensional.

Nice day out though. I still have a beef with the shit over rates which I think are not being taken seriously enough, but that's perhaps for another discussion.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Impressed by the techniques of Masood and Azhar. Hopefully they dig in, bat through to stumps, and make Aus work for the win tomorrow.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Impressed by the techniques of Masood and Azhar. Hopefully they dig in, bat through to stumps, and make Aus work for the win tomorrow.
There is only about 15 overs to stumps. They are going to need to bat a lot longer than that to even suggest Australia will need to bat again.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There is only about 15 overs to stumps. They are going to need to bat a lot longer than that to even suggest Australia will need to bat again.
Actually, getting to stumps at all might be the first challenge...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I still have a beef with the shit over rates which I think are not being taken seriously enough, but that's perhaps for another discussion.
If they are still Behind by the end of the test match, they lose two WTC points for every over they are behind. A good incentive for teams who actually have a chance in the WTC, I guess....

But Pakistan will almost certainly be in the negatives by tomorrow.