Keary/Teddy are off contract end of 2021

Kiraz Crazy

Hasler_For_PM
Reaction score
Theres a host of very high quality players coming off contract in 12 months time. Heres a list of some:

Jesse Bromwich
Dale Finucane
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Addo-Carr
[URL='https://www.zerotackle.com/rugby-league/players/bronson-xerri/']Bronson Xerri[/URL]
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Ferguson
Ryan Matterson
Maika Sivo
Joshua Cook
Cameron Murray
Angus Crichton
Kyle Flanagan
Luke Keary
James Tedesco

I think maybe the doggies should be front ending some contracts for 2020/2021 and try to get 2-3 of these players for 2022

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL needs to change this.
Who else gives their employer up to a year notice when leaving?

If any of these guys elect to change clubs for 2022, you can almost be assured they will be wearing different colours in 2021.

But that could work in our favour...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Be good to get Dale back. Can't believe we kept Eastwood instead of him. Just LOL at that choice, well done Des.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And they will all still be linked to us haha.!!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Keary & Teddy would be great..

But for that to happen its Lynne Anderson VS Nick Politi$..

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tedesco will finish his career at the Roosters.

He is 0.000000001% of playing at the Dogs and 0.0000000000000000001% of playing at any other NRL club

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Very high profile list. Be exciting to jag a couple. Some clubs with multiple players, this can aid with signings if one comes then good chance to grab a second. Bromich and kaufusi would be nice. Throw in Keary

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tedesco will finish his career at the Roosters.

He is 0.000000001% of playing at the Dogs and 0.0000000000000000001% of playing at any other NRL club
Plus Tedesco is proven to be untrustworthy when it comes to negotiating with rival clubs. Back flipped on Raiders first time then us the next time.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
mmmm... Ado-Carr, Xerri and Cam Murray please.

But, it's most likely slim chance, no chance and not a chance in fuckin hell...

Fuck teddy and Kearey has concussion issues. Ferguson is a nob Pierce is too old and I fear for our mascot.

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a host of very high quality players coming off contract in 12 months time. Heres a list of some:

Jesse Bromwich
Dale Finucane
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Addo-Carr
Bronson Xerri
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Ferguson
Ryan Matterson
Maika Sivo
Joshua Cook
Cameron Murray
Angus Crichton
Kyle Flanagan
Luke Keary
James Tedesco

I think maybe the doggies should be front ending some contracts for 2020/2021 and try to get 2-3 of these players for 2022
I've given up arguing about signing high profile players. Most on here say over and over again we should never pay top $$ to anyone other than spine players so obviously they wouldn't sign SBW for a MIL. So that rules out all except Flanagan, Tedesco and Keary all from THE ROOSTERS and don't be surprised if they're all already extended well before they become available to other clubs on the open market.

Oh and a lot on here will say we're mad if we pay Keary top dollar because he's a concussion risk. If Flanagan does well with the Roosters next year they won't let him go. If he does shit then we may be a chance of picking up a shit player. Tedesco, we'd have to win a bidding war against the Roosters and probably several other clubs so we'd have to pay around 1.4M maybe higher but a lot on here will think that's way too much for ANY player so basically we should just keep with steady first graders and rely on us spotting the best juniors ahead of the talent scouts from all 15 other NRL teams and if by some miracle we're lucky enough to uncover a new star then we gotta hope they don't want to move to a more successful team with stars like the Roosters the followimng season.

Seriously guys unless we open the purse strings and buy a few of the current Australian test team on big money we're not winning another comp in the next 10 years at least - as long as our conservative management keep thinking like you. Yes the Dib admin spent too much but now we've gone too much the other way and spend too little. Can't we be somewhere in-between ? Buy some big names that will attract others to play with them. This may even save a few dollars down the track and will hopefully attract players that are a bit better with more ambition than your average first grader

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I've given up arguing about signing high profile players. Most on here say over and over again we should never pay top $$ to anyone other than spine players so obviously they wouldn't sign SBW for a MIL. So that rules out all except Flanagan, Tedesco and Keary all from THE ROOSTERS and don't be surprised if they're all already extended well before they become available to other clubs on the open market.

Oh and a lot on here will say we're mad if we pay Keary top dollar because he's a concussion risk. If Flanagan does well with the Roosters next year they won't let him go. If he does shit then we may be a chance of picking up a shit player. Tedesco, we'd have to win a bidding war against the Roosters and probably several other clubs so we'd have to pay around 1.4M maybe higher but a lot on here will think that's way too much for ANY player so basically we should just keep with steady first graders and rely on us spotting the best juniors ahead of the talent scouts from all 15 other NRL teams and if by some miracle we're lucky enough to uncover a new star then we gotta hope they don't want to move to a more successful team with stars like the Roosters the followimng season.

Seriously guys unless we open the purse strings and buy a few of the current Australian test team on big money we're not winning another comp in the next 10 years at least - as long as our conservative management keep thinking like you. Yes the Dib admin spent too much but now we've gone too much the other way and spend too little. Can't we be somewhere in-between ? Buy some big names that will attract others to play with them. This may even save a few dollars down the track and will hopefully attract players that are a bit better with more ambition than your average first grader
Maybe Brad - but it depends on not only the likely (you never know 100%) return on the investment (based on the cost) but also the timing of that investment - both of which I think you had wrong with Mitchell.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Jesse Bromwich
Dale Finucane
Felise Kaufusi
Josh Addo-Carr
Bronson Xerri
Mitchell Pearce
Blake Ferguson
Ryan Matterson
Maika Sivo
Joshua Cook
Cameron Murray
Angus Crichton
Kyle Flanagan
Luke Keary
James Tedesco

Could you maybe put what age these players will be in 2022

I’m sure half of them would have already peaked

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Could you maybe put what age these players will be in 2022

I’m sure half of them would have already peaked
You can just click the link attached to their name and add three years.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Brad - but it depends on not only the likely (you never know 100%) return on the investment (based on the cost) but also the timing of that investment - both of which I think you had wrong with Mitchell.
I still think the club is going to regret not signing Mitchell BIG TIME

The weakest spot in our starting 13 is surely the centre position filled this season by Holland/Montoya/Harper. Unfortunately yes Mitchell is the best option "available" for 2021. He also ticks a few boxes of other things we need unless Meaney and Lewis are going to be starting each and EVERY week but even with them we don't have anyone who can kick field goals.

We need
1/ good long distance goalkicker YES (Mitchell can kick over 55m)
2/ good kicker for high bombs that will enable our offense to compete for the ball YES
3/ good long distance kicker in general play who can re-gain field position if we're getting trapped in our own 20 YES
4/ Good kicker of field goals YES (and at long distance)
5/ good long distance kicker to gain extra distance from penalties when kicking for the sideline YES

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

The weakest spot in our starting 13 is surely the centre position filled this season by Holland/Montoya/Harper. Unfortunately yes Mitchell is the best option "available" for 2021. He also ticks a few boxes of other things we need unless Meaney and Lewis are going to be starting each and EVERY week but even with them we don't have anyone who can kick field goals.

We need
2/ good kicker for high bombs that will enable our offense to compete for the ball YES
3/ good long distance kicker in general play who can re-gain field position if we're getting trapped in our own 20 YES
5/ good long distance kicker to gain extra distance from penalties when kicking for the sideline
The negatives people give are that Latrell has an attitude problem (he's literally better then everyone in his position and he's still young), bad defensively and is lazy. Some more advanced things that people say are that he drifts in and out of games and needs other players to inject him as he doesn't look for work, "Ferrari". Centre isn't a 1m position yet they don't look at what's available on the market in the spine. Someone like Townsend would cost us at least 700k. I just think people are missing the bigger picture that we have to pay overs for top or emerging players. On top of that there isn't that much available. I thought and still think Latrell was the most ideal signing we could make. Why we won't or didn't sign him only the club knows atm (and they were split just like the fans).

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

We need
5/ good long distance kicker to gain extra distance from penalties when kicking for the sideline
Time will tell.
If he signs anywhere (Tigers still no deal)
And let’s assume Tigers, how that pans out.
I still say a top notch team like the Chooks made him go better. A team like the Tigers or even the current Dogs without that quality just doesn’t get bang for buck for $1m.

If he signs with the Tigers, carves up and they go deep into the 8 clearly as a result of his contribution I’ll be the first to say I had it wrong.

In the mean time, the humble pie stays in the freezer.