Official Request for New Major Sponsor

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just throw the Leagues club logo on the front
Exactly what I was thinking... Or use the leagues club money to open a business and make some coin off it too. Lets goooo... Dog food?

Precise

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would love see modern jersey without the logos would cop one straight away like the NFL.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone brown tongue Mr Jaycar, our jersies never looked better

Banned
Reaction score
thekennel.net.au underneath a middle finger pointing at the NRL logo on the jersey :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could try Hertz the rental car mob they have been pretty active .

I know one gus gould has a relationship there...
Someone brown tongue Mr Jaycar, our jersies never looked better

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yeah we got some bloke that does promo junk and someone that ran a winery.... there was some retard on here arguing with me about how those two were great appointments.....
In fairness they did get bring over a Marketing Exec from Lion in the Commercial / Sponsorship role who from personal experience is a good operator....but time will tell I guess.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Or this one, even has same colour scheme.
images.jpeg.jpg

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as we have money in our cap and we keep signing other teams scraps, then it will be hard to get any type of sponsorship! I'm sure the reason why KIA left was due to our on field performance, there would have been a KPI of achieving top 8 or top 4 within their sponsorship term, which obviously was not achieved! We will get one but it's not going to pay much.....

Last edited:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve got an idea, why don’t we go sign a player like latrell who would attract any sponsor, sounds like a plan......... oh wait
Great idea.
Then the sponsorship money you earn you spend on Mitchell’s salary.
Zero Sum Game. #rocketscientist

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Absolutely.
Especially those asking $M+ as major sponsor.
I recently said on another thread that one of the Dogs challenges these days are not only other NRL clubs, but AFL and A-League.
Very competitive market, businesses can afford to be choosy and they are.

It’s a bit of a race to the bottom until we see the economy taking major steps forward again, which right now ain’t happening.
All of what you and Alan said is true and makes perfect sense but the fact remains that all of the teams in those codes have major sponsors.

So while it isn't easy to secure one in a competitive market, a well supported team in a code that generates such strong ratings and exposure week to week like the NRL should be able to attract a sponsor eventually. Hopefully they secure one soon.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Advertising for a major sponsor on LinkedIn?? Is this a joke? If this is real then the club really has no fucking idea what they're doing... sponsors should be lining up to grace our jersey...

Sign Latrell Mitchell and they will come.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tell me how many high profile teams you no of go to market this way?

Fuk me, they should already have a hit list of potential suitors and going after them. Dont they have a marketing team and BA's.
Embarrassing...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Advertising for a major sponsor on LinkedIn?? Is this a joke? If this is real then the club really has no fucking idea what they're doing... sponsors should be lining up to grace our jersey...

Sign Latrell Mitchell and they will come.
I’d actually be less inclined to sponsor a team with Mitchell as the marquee. You don’t want to risk negative headlines or drama

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
All of what you and Alan said is true and makes perfect sense but the fact remains that all of the teams in those codes have major sponsors.

So while it isn't easy to secure one in a competitive market, a well supported team in a code that generates such strong ratings and exposure week to week like the NRL should be able to attract a sponsor eventually. Hopefully they secure one soon.
Agree - and I’m sure they will.

Unusual approach to advertise the way they have but that doesn’t mean it’s desperate times like some suggest.

Hell - when the Sharks won the comp they were sponsored by Southern Radiology, a relatively small company who didn’t even renew the following year when you’d think you’d stick with the premiers. Could’ve been related to Barba etc, can’t remember why they pulled the pin.

There’s simply a lot of factors was my point.

I say better chance than not that there is a logo on the jersey come kick-off 2020.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d actually be less inclined to sponsor a team with Mitchell as the marquee. You don’t want to risk negative headlines or drama
Besides the one night club incident where I believe it was his mates that got involved what has the kid done wrong?

Seems like a grounded family man

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Kia sponsors firstly took offence at no Kimchi being served at the meeting.. then fell asleep when Granny Lynne started talking about her multicultural days in the early 90s..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Besides the one night club incident where I believe it was his mates that got involved what has the kid done wrong?

Seems like a grounded family man
What about the recent media circus over money, mental health issues, trolling issues, dummy spit after origin, anthem drama? Don’t get me wrong, I like Latrell and don’t blame him for a lot of that but as a sponsor it would definitely be a consideration for me