What are your thoughts on getting someone like Phil Gould to head up our recruitment committee ?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to know :o
Anytime... just breathe bro, we will get there. I know we all want signings, they are coming, from whom my wife and I were at dinner with I’m very confident with their direction... ive been told the clubs doing A heck of a lot behind the scenes and it will all come to fruition..

yes, you might not hear about it in the papers.... cards being kept close to their chest... but be sure to not listen to the mole, the lurker, janes hooper, buzz, Paul ****... they done themselves no favours with their reporting on mad Monday... they aren’t being told shit.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No thanks.

Considering where we were just 12 months ago I’m more then happy to be patient for another couple of years before asking questions. By then there will be more then enough evidence to see if these guys got it right or wrong.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like Gus but we don’t need his power trips AND how do you do a complete review into the dragons and recommend Paul McGregor keep his position?
I know Dean Pay is a scape goat by some but I wonder how he’d go with McGregor’s roster of rep players

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Gus but we don’t need his power trips AND how do you do a complete review into the dragons and recommend Paul McGregor keep his position?
I know Dean Pay is a scape goat by some but I wonder how he’d go with McGregor’s roster of rep players
Gus went there as a representative of Paul as his eyes and ears, was never gonna get the boot... to me clubs in crisises Need consulting, we aren’t in crisis. Gould needs to run the game with vlandys instead of that bald baboon greenturd

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here:
We are building nicely . I would encourage spending to bring many to the club. There are juniors with big potential . Let’s go doggies fans!

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Anytime... just breathe bro, we will get there. I know we all want signings, they are coming, from whom my wife and I were at dinner with I’m very confident with their direction... ive been told the clubs doing A heck of a lot behind the scenes and it will all come to fruition..

yes, you might not hear about it in the papers.... cards being kept close to their chest... but be sure to not listen to the mole, the lurker, janes hooper, buzz, Paul ****... they done themselves no favours with their reporting on mad Monday... they aren’t being told shit.
I too think there’s a plan and we just haven’t seen it yet. The club is not guilty of doing nothing and some of the accusations on here are both unfounded and premature.

As for Gus - no. Has knowledge and relationships yes, but too big an ego and would want too much power. We got rid of that problem when we got rid of the former Chairman - to re-introduce something similar would be - in my opinion - a mistake.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
part of recruitment is overseeing the junior systems in place... originally in 04, he found SBW, and a heap of our premiership winning squad, and being on the recruitment committee he was responsible for bringing in players like CHN, DWZ etc...

Gould did not influence their decision, they just ring him for advice and he just spoke well about the club...
Not correct SBW was brought to the Club by our then NZ scout John Ackland in 2002. Ackland was also responsible for bringing Roy asotsai & hutch Maiava to the Dogs.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Let's employ Mr Sumcunt so atleast some **** is doing something!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not correct SBW was brought to the Club by our then NZ scout John Ackland in 2002. Ackland was also responsible for bringing Roy asotsai & hutch Maiava to the Dogs.
Talent scout and recruitment officer two different things... Mark Hughes would’vehad to convince him to sign with us etc

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talent scout and recruitment officer two different things... Mark Hughes would’vehad to convince him to sign with us etc
I know Mark Hughes has a seat on the current recruitment committee but it doesn't seem like he takes a lead roll in actually signing "established players" from outside the club otherwise you would think he would have been the one to fly to the UK instead of the inexperienced Andrew Hill ?

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Mark Hughes has a seat on the current recruitment committee but it doesn't seem like he takes a lead roll in actually signing "established players" from outside the club otherwise you would think he would have been the one to fly to the UK instead of the inexperienced Andrew Hill ?
All media speculation about why Andrew hill was there... just because he went there and media decide to throw names up doesn’t mean it’s the reason...

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I'm a big fan of Mullholland too but I read he's got some serious medical problem unfortunately. Think he might focus on juniors also.
Peter Mulholland was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma last year, I’m sure recruiting is the last thing on his mind atm.

The Raiders are supporting him through this...

Banned
Reaction score
We aren’t in crisis, we don’t need a consultant
So it is not prudent to contract an industry expert in upon occasion?
His input/opinion will either validate the direction taken, or point out possible flaws.
Also better to have him onside for when his push for the job at NRLol is realised.
Long game and utilisation of peoples skills in our best interests are why I would contract him as a consultant upon a casual basis.

I highly doubt Gould could offer better coffee than Pay to entice players to join the Blue and White. I mean Pay uses Nescafé can’t beat that
Blend 43?
Thought Deano was more an International Roast type of guy... you know, what with his love of solid hard working country white boys!

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His input/opinion will either validate the direction taken, or point out possible flaws.
Also better to have him onside for when his push for the job at NRLol is realised.
Long game and utilisation of peoples skills in our best interests are why I would contract him as a consultant upon a casual basis.

Blend 43?
Thought Deano was more an International Roast type of guy... you know, what with his love of solid hard working country white boys!
No, I wouldn’t. Perhaps maybe at the beginning when we first went through our cap dramas when the new board took over, but not now... no

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Someone who worked at the Dogs and went to the NRL didn’t do us any favours last time (Greenberg) - so don’t see why that would be different with Gus.

Banned
Reaction score
Someone who worked at the Dogs and went to the NRL didn’t do us any favours last time (Greenberg) - so don’t see why that would be different with Gus.
Yet he's not a footy man, he's a grub!
At least Gus has league in his heart!