• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Exactly this. The Rorters offered him $800k for2 years...so we would of looked a tad silly offering him $700k now wouldnt we.

Having said that, of course we should consider every player on the market that fits our needs and if in the market price range offer him a contract. No harm doing that. But Mitchell has a higher opinion of himself than is warranted... little surprising since he has Mundine as an adviser. So we decided we didnt want to be "in the market" for him...ie over $800kpa for him as we dont think hes worth that.

History will prove us right. Hes not worth more than $800k. a year. Tedesco, Keary, Munster, Ponga, W Graham, D Cook, Murray, Haas, D Fifita, yes. Mitchell No.
When is it going to click in people's heads that we're not buying top or emerging talent for what they're worth. Latrell is worth 700k or thereabouts. 900k-1m is what you'd have to pay to entice him from the Roosters. Since the Roosters and Latrell's situation is untenable (IMO) it's possible we can get him for less then 900k now...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stupid arse poll. Aren't you sick of talking about the same. fucking. thing. every second of every day?

We've talked this topic to death and there's nothing more we can do about it. Seriously.

Wait and see what happens. The criticise the club for making a bad decision no matter how good it is.

Banned
Reaction score
Gif of two of the forums favourites :grinning:

Brady, why not try posting the same thing tomorrow and see if you get a different answer?
Might have to be persistent and ask the same question for at least a week though, hey...
Are you up for that to get the answer you want?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you want to win a premiership, you need guys who can be the difference in the big games.. it's a no-brainer.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What’s the point of making a official offer, when obviously there have been discussions with him that have broken down for what ever reason they may be.
That's toooooo sensible

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My suspicion is that Hill and the Board made the announcement they made in order to take the heat off the young fella. It is only a suspicion because I have no firm proof. Rumours are that someone at the Dogs has been talking to him (Khoury?), but the insane media attention on LM last week was insane, to an insane level, and the Bulldogs announcement took a lot of heat out of the situation.

I suspect that they had been talking with him, perhaps in some depth. There are two main issues that I can see; 1. What is he going to get paid (and if he comes a year early, what can the Dogs realistically fit under the cap), 2. Where does he play. We need a left centre, LM has indicated he wants FB.

Too much stuff to sit down and work out while the media insanity is going on. Either we legit are not interested in him now or in the future, or we have been trying to work out how to get him into Blue and White in the real world of contracts and egos, not the fake world of fans where everything should simply work the way random fans think it should.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there's any dispute on his ability. In a year where he's changed 2 managers, lost his SOO spot, criticized for his kangaroo performance, and in a year where he's even admitted he drifts in and out of games, hardly justifies his asking price.
There's many clubs with a war chest now that could improve their roster with LM. Yet there seems to be a general consensus by all suitors that something is not right. Is it a case of deja vu with his new advisor mundine that he's bigger than the game that's concerning?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have Holland and Montoya :tonguewink:
ah that's right.. the best centres in the game... and people were sooking about us potentially making a play at one of the top 5 strike weapons in the competition.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
My suspicion is that Hill and the Board made the announcement they made in order to take the heat off the young fella. It is only a suspicion because I have no firm proof. Rumours are that someone at the Dogs has been talking to him (Khoury?), but the insane media attention on LM last week was insane, to an insane level, and the Bulldogs announcement took a lot of heat out of the situation.

I suspect that they had been talking with him, perhaps in some depth. There are two main issues that I can see; 1. What is he going to get paid (and if he comes a year early, what can the Dogs realistically fit under the cap), 2. Where does he play. We need a left centre, LM has indicated he wants FB.

Too much stuff to sit down and work out while the media insanity is going on. Either we legit are not interested in him now or in the future, or we have been trying to work out how to get him into Blue and White in the real world of contracts and egos, not the fake world of fans where everything should simply work the way random fans think it should.
Another Twist to it Psycho
The Rorters attempt to re-sign him on their own terms is working
Here is how:
Months ago, soon after the Rorters knew about Canterbury's interests they applied the pressure on him through their friends and puppets in the media and the NSW RL,
No SOO for one of the top 5 talents in the game after only one average game ???
NSW RL = Loyalty to who ???
Politis

They offered him $800k then quickly withdrew the offer ???
In my opinion they are toying with his brain hoping he would demand a lot more than what he is worth, as a result all clubs back off, then he would come crawling back to them for cheaper price
Game set and match

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Another Twist to it Psycho
The Rorters attempt to re-sign him on their own terms is working
Here is how:
Months ago, soon after the Rorters knew about Canterbury's interests they applied the pressure on him through their friends and puppets in the media and the NSW RL,
No SOO for one of the top 5 talents in the game after only one average game ???
NSW RL = Loyalty to who ???
Politis

They offered him $800k then quickly withdrew the offer ???
In my opinion they are toying with his brain hoping he would demand a lot more than what he is worth, as a result all clubs back off, then he would come crawling back to them for cheaper price
Game set and match
or he signs somewhere else for a cheaper price. Surely his position at the Roosters is untenable. Anyways I hope at least one club will not let him stay at the Roosters. If we (other clubs) let them just keep everyone then I don't know what to say really...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stupid arse poll. Aren't you sick of talking about the same. fucking. thing. every second of every day?

We've talked this topic to death and there's nothing more we can do about it. Seriously.

Wait and see what happens. The criticise the club for making a bad decision no matter how good it is.
Why aren't we paying £300m for Mbappé? Does the club not have any ambition ffs

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can the Kennel be shut down please. I've got a headache