Foran to retire !

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a fan of Croft. Doesn't seem really good. Interestingly enough it has been said that Cooper Cronk did not approve of bringing Kyle Flanagan from Cronulla to be his replacement at the Roosters. Cronk thought Croft was the man to go for.
Croft seems more like a Bulldog signing to me based on our player buying history, we have never really been a club that buys Lattrels and Flanagan made a choice thats hard to argue with considering the rorters roster and recent premiership history..That said I dont believe we are targeting a big money half.

No point getting excited...
NRL will shaft us if we even hint at cap relief
Regardless its his last year and we will get the $350k rep allowance. Funnily enough even with a war chest I can see the dogs buying players more like Leilua, Croft or even or maybe someone like Moyan. I think the belief is more about pre season prep with what we have been working with effectively at the end of this season and adding a couple like them to the Stimsons etc that we already have recruited.

Re-building our "Bred not bought" should be the mandate.

Last edited:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the NRL says “NO” I say we pull out those late night CCTV recordings in the office of Greenberg lol. I’m sure he had his pants around his ankles staring into the monitor at pictures of Raelene Castle
Raaalph, Heerrb, Raaaaalph, Heeeerrb.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foran leaves a big hole of experience, leadership and inspiration for team. Recruitment needs to find another strong experienced leader. No more of the “we are a young team and still learning” excuses.
Who steps up in the backline now knowing Foz is not gonna be there even for half the games?

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His body was fucked well and truely before he arrived. Extremely competitive and talented. Brings out the best in others. You could see the difference he made to our team when he was on the paddock.
We’ll miss his experience alone.
Halves coaching role should be offered for sure His mental toughness has been next level. Shame his body couldn’t keep up

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope he is gone but the timing really sucks. I have a strong feeling we will now be without a dominant half next season as we have no real opportunity to buy anyone now/

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who is negotiating the contract for the new halfback ....hill or price or the recruitment manager...good luck

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If his family is rich like some say and he's saved a few dollars I really don't know why he plays on. Why risk more long term damage to his body than he already has ? If he retired we should sign Cody Walker (and Mitchell to run off him :o))
His father was the CEO of the Walmart corporation for something like 15 years,he recently stood Down from the post,with a 30 million payout &and another 10 million in company stocks and bonds,but how often have mmm been right ?

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sezer…. I don't think there is anyone else.
Ryley jacks is clubless, te mare martin also, cody walker looking for a payrise, there are options, just depends on the bait we could offer i guess

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ryley jacks is clubless, te mare martin also, cody walker looking for a payrise, there are options, just depends on the bait we could offer i guess
Cody Walker is asking for in excess of $800k and Souths said “NO” straight away and told him he could go to the open market for a reason. He isn’t a creative half or someone who can control a game. A lot of what he does is individual brilliance and even that works every so often. Bulldogs need a controlling half with a good kicking game and experience.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cody Walker is asking for in excess of $800k and Souths said “NO” straight away and told him he could go to the open market for a reason. He isn’t a creative half or someone who can control a game. A lot of what he does is individual brilliance and even that works every so often. Bulldogs need a controlling half with a good kicking game and experience.
Agreed, he’s a turnstile in defense and dick head to boot

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No to Cody walker. If Brodie Croft can improve his defence yes

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope he is gone but the timing really sucks. I have a strong feeling we will now be without a dominant half next season as we have no real opportunity to buy anyone now/
Might be a good thing. Its not ideal buy better than him getting injured round 1 and not having a contingency plan. Pay and Co. can select the team and get on with training the whole off season.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It would be great news if true but like others have said, Triple M honestly have pretty much never been right with a rumour so until I see something official, I'm not getting my hopes up.

If he retires though, wouldn't he forfeit his salary for the upcoming year? Or at worst, he'd reach a settlement for a smaller portion of his contract? If so, why wouldn't he see out the year to get his full $1.2 million?