Poll: Will the bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

Will the Bulldogs make a big signing in the next 12 months?

• Yes

Votes: 43 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 63 59.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Who’s going to fork out cash to go watch Montoya, Holland, Elliott... I can go down to the local park and watch that quality for free and get a cheaper feed
That's harsh on the players but realisticly its the way the current caretakers of our club MUST be thinking.

It's a cruel, competitive market out there involving lots of sports and entertainment, and for survival and growth, we MUST become major players in the marketplace.

We can only judge on what we see and results and it's no where near enough for our future success.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't have a big brain or nothin like the big brains running our club like a well oiled machine.

But why didn't we have a real crack at Mitchell?
If the Roosters were talking to him @ 800k a season with their roster, I think we shoyld be able to accommodate $1m with our roster!!

Also if West Tigers are talking to Mitchell at $1.1m x 3 that confirms Mitchell's market value is $1m a season. On that Mybe is on $950k a season at WT and his contract ends when 2021? Means Tigers would be carrying two premium priced backs. None of our back 5 would even be in the same postcode in $$$ terms.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I guarantee you the club will be making 3 major signings

1. AlzBulldog as head or recruitment

2. Bradyk as head of accounting, finances and salary cap distributions

3. Bradtalo as media executive

That’s the ABB team - as in ‘Anybody but’...

haytchcbb

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We are not signing any big name players, the management and board are toying with us throwing bait to us here and there but in reality are sweet nothings. They’re going to use that money for resignings and “development” players. It’s almost like they’re scared to buy these players, I’m not sure if this whole salary crap has traumatised them buts it’s fuken pissing me off

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't have a big brain or nothin like the big brains running our club like a well oiled machine.

If the Roosters were talking to him @ 800k a season with their roster, I think we shoyld be able to accommodate $1m with our roster!!

Also if West Tigers are talking to Mitchell at $1.1m x 3 that confirms Mitchell's market value is $1m a season. On that Mybe is on $950k a season at WT and his contract ends when 2021? Means Tigers would be carrying two premium priced backs. None of our back 5 would even be in the same postcode in $$$ terms.
Most of us are wondering the same thing.

With the roster we have now, and for the past few years, beats me where it was all spent. We haven't had SOO or Kangaroos other than Klem or JJ for a fair while.

The players must have been on ridiculous money by comparison to what other clubs could get for their rosters. The tpa's must be huge factors with rosters.

We need big hitters at the club it seems to get us up to scratch.

Seeing Klem in a bike helmet and push bike delivering food in that promo was embarrassing. Imagine JWH or Papalli having to do that.

Anyway fed up....I want better for my club.

(Take a number and I'll get back to you and reply to your insult for being a bad fan Natboy, Horse and his posse :grinning:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guarantee you the club will be making 3 major signings

1. AlzBulldog as head or recruitment

2. Bradyk as head of accounting, finances and salary cap distributions

3. Bradtalo as media executive
We would do a better job tbh

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The club kept telling us that we would be a major player in the 2021 market and for supporters to hold on.
Well we now get told we never considered the best talent available and most other decent players have re-signed with their clubs

so what now hold on to 2022?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The club kept telling us that we would be a major player in the 2021 market and for supporters to hold on.
Well we now get told we never considered the best talent available and most other decent players have re-signed with their clubs

We're holding on until a reject player that no other club wants or can fit in comes available as we don't want to pay overs (but we signed Napa?). I thought we'd change from that recruitment method come November but so far they've shown they're not going to when the most ideal signing we could of made is being let go. If they didn't think Latrell would take 900k-1m to sign then they're not competent - and we're hearing it was split between the officials/board.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
We would do a better job tbh
Sure you would, you didn’t even know the board term when you started this thread.

Anyway, I don’t see how you’d have time to serve on the board - you know - studying for your rocket science degree and all...

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Its 2019 you bellend.

Long way to go till the 2021 season

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Its 2019 you bellend.

Long way to go till the 2021 season
You make your 2021 signings between now and the start of next season. The longer we wait the more players that get locked up either retained or recruited elsewhere. Waiting too long results to panic buys or buying no one.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What players have signed to play for new clubs in 2021?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here lies the problem
What are the other clubs doing?
Who cares mate, we need some players to take us to the next level, otherwise we again will.just be making up.the numbers for 2020 and 2021.
The board sold us a story that they do have a war chest and be active in the player market.
Dean pay himself has been interviewed and quoted in Many media outlets including nrl 360 that he wants marquee signings of the kalyn ponga mould.
Latrell fits the bill.
I have a sneaking suspicion we have bungled the latrell recruitment amongst others and its easier to save embarrassment and say to media outlets we have either withdrawn our offers or were never interested in the first place.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And here lies the problem
What are the other clubs doing?
Who cares mate, we need some players to take us to the next level, otherwise we again will.just be making up.the numbers for 2020 and 2021.
The board sold us a story that they do have a war chest and be active in the player market.
Dean pay himself has been interviewed and quoted in Many media outlets including nrl 360 that he wants marquee signings of the kalyn ponga mould.
Latrell fits the bill.
I have a sneaking suspicion we have bungled the latrell recruitment amongst others and its easier to save embarrassment and say to media outlets we have either withdrawn our offers or were never interested in the first place.
Mitchell also fits the bill to be Barba 2.0.
At double the cost.
Not very good business.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Maybe if you look at it from a different perspective? The club are on the verge of having the Roosters lose a player and the Tigers, a team with cap room blow it on a kid that is well overpriced. Now the tigers and Manly are gone cap wise due the dogs offer to the Trboz, soon enough there will be no competitors in the market, driving down prices..
Its a brilliant move.

Our focus should still be the core and strengthening the right culture around the club... 2020 and 21 should be those years and when we are loaded and the market is good, I believe should be the best time to place the jewels in the crown.

In saying that we will be buying a forward to replace Tolman unless someone steps up...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you are now alluding to mitchell having a problem with alcohol, cocaine , gambling and violence against women?
Please tell me what the risks are other than $$ which on potential ..I believe deserves?
Mitchell also fits the bill to be Barba 2.0.
At double the cost.
Not very good business.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I keep harping on it, but we are more likely to feature in another GF soon than a lot of the other teams in the comp, obviously barring Storm, Roosters... another Dallin type signing or two could really make us a force
Based on what sorry?

Status
Not open for further replies.