Letter to Andrew Hill - just sent

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and it's pathetic that you're so uneducated and weak you think members and fans can't influence decisions. Yep there's never been any protest about anything in the world that's ever changed anything. I was calling for the sacking of Des Hasler long before the majority started and did everything I could to bring change. If I see something heading the wrong way I voice an opinion (make it as loud as I can so those in power hear it) and I try to encourage others to do the same. Is that wrong ?
Mate it’s November 9, get a grip...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's only my opinion you say. So do you, does ANY fan actually think our so called "recruitment committee" have done a good job so far honestly ? I find it hard to believe ANYONE would think so. Did you actually read the initial post here ? And you think no-one has the right to tell Hill and co that they're not doing a good job ? If so, we should just accept the shit sandwich the "current" club management serves up, we should never vote this lot out no matter how bad they perform ? The current board are only in control for now temporarily hopefully. They are individuals who make mistakes like anyone else. They do not own the club. They are not THE CLUB.
What are you talking about? In my post I said you had every right to tell Hill what every you want but Hill doesn’t have to act on what you say. Have your say at the election and you’ll get a good indication on how many agree with you.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are you talking about? In my post I said you had every right to tell Hill what every you want but Hill doesn’t have to act on what you say. Have your say at the election and you’ll get a good indication on how many agree with you.
The poor bloke thought that
Fifita
Mitchell
Manu
Trbojevic brothers

we’re all gonna be signed first week of November, he’s done it to himself... believed all the media hype

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@bradtalo i note you didn't mention that you are the no.1 Thread maker on the Kennel atm. Thought you should off mentioned it to Mr Hill as it may give you a bit off power with getting a reply :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Maybe it's called passion. I've seen the Dogs win many comps since 1980. I was used to them always being a successful team but since we won our last comp in 04 bad management decisions one after the other have made things much different. I want us to get back the where we used to be like tomorrow. I'm not going to put up with more mistakes by "current" management (CEOs who came from other NRL teams etc) just because some on here think we can't change anything and make a difference.

My whole aim is to encourage more fans to make more noise so management do hear it and act on it. Otherwise the only time we can effect change is every 2 years at election time. Why can't we voice opinion in between though if we feel the current board are making mistakes.

Last edited:

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If the club had to listen to every fan, we would get nowhere. Best if the fans had no input.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The poor bloke thought that
Fifita
Mitchell
Manu
Trbojevic brothers

we’re all gonna be signed first week of November, he’s done it to himself... believed all the media hype
Mate if we had Politis instead of Anderson we'd have at least one of these locked in before Nov 1 (as he did)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Keep sitting on your arse doing nothing to improve the team
Actually Brad - when it comes to this team - sitting on my arse is one thing that helps - at the games - supporting our boys when they need it most.

I attended all home games this year at ANZ, Belmore and Bankwest. I also went to the game against the Chooks at the SCG.

How many did you go to?
Surprised you have time for anything else around your constant bleating on this forum about Mitchell, paying ‘overs’ and the overall terrible job the club is doing.

I’ve been saying repeatedly this board needs a second term to deliver its strategy (which by the way, they have no requirement to disclose, nor should they in a competitive marketplace).

OK, so you’re a frustrated supporter.
Join the queue.

Show your support with something positive rather than your waterfall of negativity.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate if we had Politis instead of Anderson we'd have at least one of these locked in before Nov 1 (as he did)
What a silly comment... you think the Trbojevic brothers were leaving manly? Believed media hype!
Fifita is not leaving Brisbane, again you believed media hype!
You would be happy with dogs paying latrell a mil plus, and also give roosters compensation?? Perhaps you’re the problem and not the board... like I have said to you, it’s November 9, barely one week into the signings season, for 2021, not 2020... big name Players will not sign for other clubs till mid next year, they will perform to earn more dollars unless you’re a stupid club like the tigers offering latrell 1.3mil a season

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club had to listen to every fan, we would get nowhere. Best if the fans had no input.
Bulldogs are a brand. Every major brand including every big sporting club in any sport monitors media (Facebook, Twitter etc) to hear what their consumers are saying about them / their products. The NRL itself and all NRL clubs have this exact service through my company. They get media analysis reports on leading issues reported, spikes in media volumes, etc. This information from marketing / communications goes to the board and CEO. The more people who complain on social media about a brand / about a certain issue the greater chance of it being noticed by upper management and thus the more chance of them acting on it which is the whole reason they monitor the media in the first place (to protect their brand thus protect their jobs)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs are a brand. Every major brand including every big sporting club in any sport monitors media (Facebook, Twitter etc) to hear what their consumers are saying about them / their products. The NRL itself and all NRL clubs have this exact service through my company. They get media analysis reports on leading issues reported, spikes in media volumes, etc. This information from marketing / communications goes to the board and CEO. The more people who complain on social media about a brand / about a certain issue the greater chance of it being noticed by upper management and thus the more chance of them acting on it which is the whole reason they monitor the media in the first place (to protect their brand thus protect their jobs)
Yes you have said this several times already but have you ever thought that maybe there just isn’t the amount of people that share you view and aren’t flooding the club with messages? Sure there are people that aren’t happy but from most people I know they are willing to be patient and fully understand the situation the club is in.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
@bradtalo why don't you run for the board come election time.
Put his money where his mouth is?
Doubt it.

If he did though - at least Dogs supporters would receive constant updates on everything the club is doing via the Kennel.

Pity that would most likely violate his Director duties and leak sensitive information to competitors...

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
well done mate - writing to them is seldom done. When it put together with logic and reason, it will spark awareness and can often cause some infludence.

Most of the people on here assume their efforts will be a waste so they do nothing and to mask their apathy they shoot others down who try because they want to protect their little bubble of reality that says, "what you do won't matter so don't bother," which proves them right because assuming your effort is useless makes you useless!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Put his money where his mouth is?
Doubt it.

If he did though - at least Dogs supporters would receive constant updates on everything the club is doing via the Kennel.

Pity that would most likely violate his Director duties and leak sensitive information to competitors...
I hope he does so than I can complain about him doing nothing and asking that he needs to be replaced. That is after I start a thousand threads on the topic first. :-)

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
This guy. Latrell is not a team player. End of story.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a silly comment... you think the Trbojevic brothers were leaving manly? Believed media hype!
Fifita is not leaving Brisbane, again you believed media hype!
You would be happy with dogs paying latrell a mil plus, and also give roosters compensation?? Perhaps you’re the problem and not the board... like I have said to you, it’s November 9, barely one week into the signings season, for 2021, not 2020... big name Players will not sign for other clubs till mid next year, they will perform to earn more dollars unless you’re a stupid club like the tigers offering latrell 1.3mil a season
Silly comment ? So Politis didn't re-sign Manu before Nov 1 ?

I never thought the Trbojevic brothers were leaving Manly unless they were unable to afford them of course but I did get a feeling from everything I've read that maybe our board were pinning too big a hope on achieving that and if they were then they were focusing on totally unrealistic targets and that was a warning sign.

What made me believe that we would sign a superstar or more were comments like those below

Apr 2, 2019 - "Canterbury Bulldogs coach Dean Pay says his club needs to sign a "franchise player" in the mould of Kalyn Ponga when their salary cap troubles subside in 2021 if success is to return to Belmore"

- along with numerous media articles quoting club management that we were forced to shed players so we could be more active in the player market in near future

Yes I would be happy for the Dogs to offer 900K to a MIL a season to Mitchell (as many others on here would also) to play fullback potentially but definitely no compensation to the Roosters. It just shits me that we definitely need an outside back and both Manu and Mitchell were available for 2021 but we failed to get Manu and we've decided to not even put in an offer for Mitchell. Big name players available are getting picked off all the time. Parra signed Matterson the other day. I tend to believe the post quoted above about the Dogs playing hard ball with player managers when we have nothing to really offer other than a bigger paypacket. I feel our current management could be doing things a lot better

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The guy operates outside the cap.
Not every team has that luxury.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
well done mate - writing to them is seldom done. When it put together with logic and reason, it will spark awareness and can often cause some infludence.

Most of the people on here assume their efforts will be a waste so they do nothing and to mask their apathy they shoot others down who try because they want to protect their little bubble of reality that says, "what you do won't matter so don't bother," which proves them right because assuming your effort is useless makes you useless!
Maybe alot of the kennel dont believe Latrell is a worthy signing. Therefore dont need to write to the CEO as we feel they are doing a great job.

I respect @bradtalo passion for the club. I just feel on this one he is wasting his time and effort. Even on the kennel poll majority dont want latrell...

Time will tell up the doggies! !!