Wakeham Nominated for Golden Boot

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The guy couldn't do any more in the games he's played for us and Fiji.

Now nominated for Best International Player for 2019.

He has it all and Cogger and Lewis in front of him? Crazy! Pay pick and support our next x factor.

NOMINATED PLAYERS SO FAR:
Men
John Bateman (Great Britain)
Damien Cook (Australia)

Payne Haas (Australia)
Viliame Kikau (Fiji)
Tui Lolohea (Tonga)
Kevin Naiqama (Fiji)
Sio Siua Taukeiaho (Tonga)
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (New Zealand)
Jared Waerea-HargreavesNew Zealand)
Brandon Wakeham(Fiji)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haas or Taukeiaho.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bench Kieran and play Wakeham/Cogger... Need to find another position for Lewis because he needs to be in the team... 1%er players are the most valuable in the big games

Kieran might be our best half but it's going to hold the other guys back from forming continuity having one guy come in for 3 games then missing 10

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Be careful not to hype him up. We wouldn't want to offend Horse.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
To give this some perspective - this was based on 2 performances against Lebanon and Samoa.

He’s been absolute rocks and diamonds in his first grade outings. Mainly rocks.

Foran, Lewis and Cogger are all ahead in the queue and rightly so.

Think my call for calm thread needs a timely bump.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bench Kieran and play Wakeham/Cogger... Need to find another position for Lewis because he needs to be in the team... 1%er players are the most valuable in the big games

Kieran might be our best half but it's going to hold the other guys back from forming continuity having one guy come in for 3 games then missing 10
I like Foran but personally think he shouldn't play another game for us if (probably surely not) he's not signed beyond 2020.
If Lewis cant kick on in the halves I don't really know where he fits, I like him but yeah no idea where else, cant see him knocking out any of our Locks (if he put on size) and off the bench is probably no use. Maybe only a 14 but dunno. If he wants to stay in FG he needs to work on his running game big time.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I like Foran but personally think he shouldn't play another game for us if (probably surely not) he's not signed beyond 2020.
If Lewis cant kick on in the halves I don't really know where he fits, I like him but yeah no idea where else, cant see him knocking out any of our Locks (if he put on size) and off the bench is probably no use. Maybe only a 14 but dunno. If he wants to stay in FG he needs to work on his running game big time.
He has good defence. Just needs to improve his kicking game/management. Everything else will follow after that. The running game is the last thing he should be worrying about unless you mean running to the line and passing - drawing in defenders creating space? I think he's a little unorthodox and will try his hand. Just needs to be a little more solid (calm, structured) like a Halfback. Other people will probably say he's not creating enough tho.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He has good defence. Just needs to improve his kicking game/management. Everything else will follow after that. The running game is the last thing he should be worrying about unless you mean running to the line and passing - drawing in defenders creating space?
Pretty much, but both go hand in hand really. Cant be too transperant, need to have a running game with playing to the line aswell. Otherwise Defense will just work you out and shut you down with ease.
Pass selection and execution No. 1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Best halfback at the club ;)

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No offence to wakeham, but what a joke
Come on now
Nominated for golden fucking boot, fucking paaalease

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Come on now
Did you look at the list of nominees?

It's only based on the last few weeks of international games.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Come on now
It’s nominated purely on international games so everything is irrelevant and he did have two good games for Fiji in the last year. It shows you how weak League is at an international level.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Come on now
Agreed.

Lets be realistic, golden boot in its current format really dont mean shit.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yeah it's going to hold the team back if we keep up with the halves merry go round.. just like the last few years of Des.. there is no question now that Kieran is never going to play another full season... I just think Wakeham is that little bit of x factor/ can create something out of nothing type of half that we have been missing for a long time now.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It’s nominated purely on international games so everything is irrelevant and he did have two good games for Fiji in the last year. It shows you how weak League is at an international level.
It also shows how weak we are for superstars atm with 3 retiring.

DCE our 7.

Wakeham far better than Lui and he was the next big thing at Penrith.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
To give this some perspective - this was based on 2 performances against Lebanon and Samoa.

He was pretty rocks and diamonds in his first grade outings.

Foran, Lewis and Cogger are all ahead in the queue and rightly so.

He’s no doubt got some talent but still has a lot of development ahead of him in order to be a week to week first grader.

Think my call for calm thread needs a timely bump.
I wouldn’t say rocks or diamonds in his first grade games he played very well in both even in defence despite Apparantely being too small