Tigers to get Mitchell. Roosters to get Fifita. Dogs to get no-one

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems our management couldn't sign a lease to buy a car. F..king hopeless c..ts.

We're not even willing to offer 800K now for 5 years ?

Our management are so f..king slow. Can we hire a new CEO with some f..king balls.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/f3eb472f731446a3b18f15a198dd6273

Sydney Roosters centre Billy Smith in line to replace Latrell Mitchell
Adam Mobbs, The Daily Telegraph
November 6, 2019 9:39am
Subscriber only
MEET the rising teenage prodigy ready to step in and replace Latrell Mitchell at the Sydney Roosters.

Exciting centre Billy Smith has been part of the Roosters’ extended NRL squad for the past two seasons, already striking up an impressive combination with superstar fullback James Tedesco.

The Roosters are likely to be on the lookout for a new centre after The Daily Telegraph revealed they had withdrawn an $800,000 offer to the Kangaroos centre for season 2021 and beyond following a meeting with coach Trent Robinson at the club’s Moore Park headquarters on Tuesday.

Stream over 50 sports Live & On-Demand with KAYO SPORTS on your TV, computer, mobile or tablet. Just $25/month, no lock-in contract. Get your 14-day free trial and start streaming instantly >

Billy Smith and James Tedesco have already struck up a partnership. Picture: Phil Hillyard
It’s understood the Roosters were prepared to offer Mitchell an immediate release if he signed with another club before the start of next season.

MORE IN SPORT

Review blue leaves technology in a stew
Review blue leaves technology in a stew

Cummins given a break ahead of Test mission
Cummins given a break ahead of Test mission

Rather than delve into the free agency market, the Roosters have an emerging replacement coming through the ranks in Smith.

Given the retirement of $1 million-a-season halfback Cooper Cronk, Mitchell’s departure would leave them in a strong salary cap position to target the game’s premier 2021 free agents, headlined by Brisbane forward David Fifita.

The Roosters are believed to be keen to lure Fifita, 19, to Bondi, while rivals South Sydney would use the salary cap space created by the retirement of Sam Burgess to tempt him to Redfern.

Brisbane forward David Fifita will be on most team’s wish lists for 2021. Picture: AAP
At 191cm and 99kg, Smith is a similar size to Mitchell (193cm and 102kg) and could slot into that Roosters’ left edge including Luke Keary, captain Boyd Cordner and winger Daniel Tupou.

Smith, 19, made his NRL debut in the Roosters’ 34-12 win over St George Illawarra in round 23 in August, finishing off a scintillating try after Tedesco put him into the clear with a slick pass.

“It’s what dreams are made of. I’ve been thinking of that moment since I was a little boy,” he said of his debut, which came after he overcame a serious knee injury.

“It’s been a pretty long 11 months for me with the ACL injury.

James Tedesco with Lachlan Lam and Billy Smith at Roosters training.
“Robbo’s got so much confidence in me and I really feel that. The boys have a lot of faith in my ability. It’s easy for me, I just play off the back of those boys.”

Tedesco is definitely a fan of Smith. In August he revealed to The Daily Telegraph he had enlisted Smith and Lachlan Lam to help improve his catch and pass skills.

“Billy Smith and Lachie Lam are my guys, so I just grab those boys and we’ll work together because Latrell Mitchell is always working on his goal kicking.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haha, with Cronks money they will now have 10 mil if Mitchell leaves.
Give me a break, 90% of Cronks money is already spent you fkn cheating NRL pricks. LOL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still can't believe we haven't/wouldn't offer Latrell 1m. If he rejected that I'd understand if they then backed out.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our board/ceo do seem to be very ordinary at closing a deal they might need some training from me from my real estate agent skillset as a doggies fan i offer my services to the club for some free training a one time offer they clearly need to sharpen their skills

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still can't believe we haven't/wouldn't offer Latrell 1m. If he rejected that I'd understand if they then backed out.
Exactly what I believe. Not 900K, not 1.1M but 1M for max 5 years. No fans can complain if he rejects that because it's a decent offer. If we miss out on him, Fifita and the Turbo brothers I'm going to f..ken spew and will never let this current board and CEO Andrew Hill forget how f..king hopeless they are. We need to put pressure on them now on Twitter and on all Dogs Facebook pages. They get professional media monitoring so keep an eye on what fans say. If they cop a lot of criticism they might just pull their fingers out of their arses in time to sign someone before other clubs sign all the best talent available for 2021. We better not end up with the f..king scraps. We've waited too long for them to f..k this up with the so called "war chest"

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We don’t need another thread about this

Status
Not open for further replies.