Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't understand people having a go at him for turning down the Roosters offer?

You might not think he's worth 800k or $1 million and you might be proven right, but plenty of worse players than him get paid that much or more.

Why would he, or any other player turn down an extra 200-300k or more a season when another club will pay that much? How does that make him greedy?

Why is DWZ admired for leaving Penrith after Cleary froze him out and publicly criticised him but Latrell is weak and soft for doing the same thing after Robinson and Fittler have ripped him every chance they get?

People forget Dallin had numerous shockers at Penrith where he was also disinterested and lazy which is what led to him falling out with Cleary in the first place. Same with CHN. This is common in the NRL and sport in general and a change of clubs often sparks a return to form. But with Latrell the same thing can't happen? He's that poisonous?

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So many theories going around. Remember how Big Papa's years old video suddenly see's the light of day only after leaving the Rorters. It does make some sense that the Rorters are trying to control the propaganda machine.
Mate, they are doing it again with Mitchell. No wonder he wants out. I hope that if he signs with us, he and big papi rip them to pieces.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess they found it insulting 800k was insulting to him.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mmmm maybe a few clubs are sick of having terms dictated to them by jumped up spoilt little pricks and their managers.
Fuck Mitchell I don’t want him at the club

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand people having a go at him for turning down the Roosters offer?

You might not think he's worth 800k or $1 million and you might be proven right, but plenty of worse players than him get paid that much or more.

Why would he, or any other player turn down an extra 200-300k or more a season when another club will pay that much? How does that make him greedy?

Why is DWZ admired for leaving Penrith after Cleary froze him out and publicly criticised him but Latrell is weak and soft for doing the same thing after Robinson and Fittler have ripped him every chance they get?

People forget Dallin had numerous shockers at Penrith where he was also disinterested and lazy which is what led to him falling out with Cleary in the first place. Same with CHN. This is common in the NRL and sport in general and a change of clubs often sparks a return to form. But with Latrell the same thing can't happen? He's that poisonous?
It’s exactly what the roosters media puppets want to happen

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our previous board at our club was run by clowns exactly! We wont get into the signing and re-signings during their era, as it's been done to death.

So far, the current board has done well with some signings such as DWZ.

If they are to sign Mitchell at the quoted figures and length of term, than yes they are clowns!

So we have $1m to sign a player and according to you, we MUST sign someone on 1 million, so you can "brag" that we have a "1m dollar superstar"?

We have Foran on $1.2m this upcoming season, and over the 3 years it averaged out to $1m a season. How has that worked out for us?

We had Tony Williams, Moses Mbye, Aaron Woods and a lot more players on massive overs. How did that work out for us?

You ask, who off contract would you like us to sign that fits the $1?m bill? My answer is noone. Because what is currently available out there, noone is worth $1m other than Tom Turbo and he aint leaving Manly.

Looking at the current market and with "1m to spend" id throw it at two players. Nabbing the two correct players at the right price, will bring more value week in week out than one Latrell Mitchell.
Bad choices in the past by Des doesn't mean every star player is going to be shit. Did anyone other than Des ever think Mbye was worth 800K or whatever ? Des could have signed Cronk over Foran you would think since Des and Cronk had the same f..king manager but no he went with Foran. Tony Williams was an animal with Manly but Des couldn't even tell Williams he was playing shit for us or drop him from first grade.

Who are the 2 correct players you talk about who would be better than buying Mitchell. I'd really like to know because you can't just say it would be better to buy 2 players without actually naming who they are because we need to compare don't we ?. There's only 13 places in a team. Is it better to have one gamebreaker on a MIL or have one decent player on half a MIL playing first grade and the other on half a MIL playing reserve grade ? All I know is our hands are tied from buying a decent half or hooker. Do you know of any available ? We already missed out on some good hookers because we offered the bare minimum it seems. We could wait for Keary and Munster til 2022 and then enter the bidding war that will take place then. Roosters will probably offer Kearfy 1.5M a season though then and the Storm similar for Munster. If we made a bid for them even we'll have the usual worry wart whingers complaining it's too much to invest in one player and asking what if he gets injured etc etc etc (big yawn). I want our team to be serious top 4 contenders in 2021, not in f..king 2025 or the year 3000. We've waited 14 years for a f..king comp already how many more do some fools want to wait ?

Would you agree that DWZ, Reimis Smith and Hopa, are good enough to feature in our starting backline for 2021 (Holland and Meaney could be upgraded)? If so then we need 2 new backs. In the forwards would you agree that Tolman would be the most likely to need upgrading in our starting 13 for 2021 ? If so then we need 1 forward. Since we're stuck with Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham as our halves and JMK and Katoa as our hookers wouldn't it make sense to buy the 2 f..king BEST backs and BEST forward we can possibly buy for those 3 positions - 3 f..king gamebreakers capable of creating something from nothing so to speak. Why would you want anything less ???? Rather than buying 3 average players who we have plenty of ALREADY as does any team why wouldn't we buy the BEST AVAILABLE for those 3 positions.

Tell me now who you would rather buy Joe Blow, John Smith, and John Doe who "some people" think could turn out to be really good players, or how about Joey Leilua, Josh Reynolds and Russel Packer - they're all decent first graders and CHEAP - which seems to be the main priority for a lot of wankers on here like the $$$$ are coming out of their personal f..king bank accounts, or how about we go with the likes of 3 already PROVEN young fit superstars like Latrell Mitchell (available NOW possibly for 2020 and possibly at 800K a year now) Josh Addo-Carr (available for 2022) and David Fifita (available NOW for 2021). Now what do you think would make more sense IF you want to be a genuine top 4 team anytime in the NEAR FUTURE ? - a team full of average players or a team of average players combined with a few superstars (sounds a bit like the Storm). If only there were more terrific spine players available but sadly there's not and not any in the foreseeable future. We can only improve where we can.

DWZ
Josh Addo-Carr
Will Hopoate
Latrell Mitchell
Reimis Smith
Lachlan Lewis / Wakeham
Jack Cogger
Dylan Napa
JMK
Renouf Toomaga
CHN
David Fifita
Josh Jackson

Last edited:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think so, roosters pulling offer pretty much says that he’s gone or already made his decision
It doesn’t matter what the Roosters are doing look at what Latrell’s doing. He has Matt Rose handling his affairs now while still contracted to Wayde Rushton. There’s no way a manager is going to let him sign anything while there’s any doubt if they will get their slice of the pie.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Spot on..... your posts are always Gold mate

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the Roosters are done with him, they don't want to deal with his attitude any longer and can easily afford to sit back and replace him.
Lattrell is a freak on the field.. but appears like you say re attitude.. hes also had some attitude problems on the field for NSW and Kangaroos and for the Rorter$ at different times

We had another amzing talent in Barba not long ago.. who also had an attitude problem as well as other issues