Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Heard on the radio, reports are that Latrell is insulted by the 800k roosters offer

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Heard on the radio, reports are that Latrell is insulted by the 800k roosters offer

Like the Roosters would make it known to the public how much they offer a certain player

smack talk on all accounts!

You dont get these sort of headlines from the Roosters in the media when it comes to players off contract/looking to leave, etc.

Only time it happened was when they wanted Pearce gone after they already nabbed Cronk.

It's a safe bet that Mitchell is gone

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If our recruitment strategy as previously mentioned includes a player having the values which fits into our culture and wants to be a Bulldog as a pre requisite of having an offer on the table then you would expect Mitchell to fail this expectation.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If our recruitment strategy as previously mentioned includes a player having the values which fits into our culture and wants to be a Bulldog as a pre requisite of having an offer on the table then you would expect Mitchell to fail this expectation.
If we kept our previous recruitment strategy we wouldn't sign anymore that'd make a difference :smilingimp:.

That Bulldogs DNA statement was used as a smokescreen to trick fans. Now whenever we miss out on a player fans will just say he didn't have Bulldogs DNA and cuss him. That isn't the case tho.

Last edited:

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
He isnt even worth 500k the way he played this year

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TBH if my current employer offered me more than double than what he's currently paying I would stay. If Mitchell loves the game he would stay at the roosters. If he is solely interested in money alone, then I feel for the club who gets him.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Latrell Mitchell had a below average year for a player of his ability. The scary thing is...... he was the leading point scorer by a fair way and after 24 rounds was the NRL’s leading try scorer. My lord he is a talent and at 22 his best years are ahead of him.
If I were a Bulldogs fan I’d be pissed off if the board were quibbling over 200K. Mitchell at the Dogs would get so much more ball because he’d be your strike weapon. At the Roosters, there was Joey Manu who also demanded the ball. Also he’d attract other names to the club.
Latrell Mitchell would be the Bulldogs best player, whilst he was never that at the Chooks, which is why he floated in and out of matches.
I can say one thing, when the Roosters were in a close battle, Mitchell often aimed up. The Grand Final of 2018 and 2019 are a prime example.

Old Dog 63

Waterboy
Reaction score
My advice to Latrell, if the Roosters are offering you $800K then take it. I’d hate to think we would remotely consider matching and exceeding their offer.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think it's unreal people wouldn't want him.

Who are you waiting for? JT? Cronk? Smith?

Maybe I watch a different game, I can't even fathom rejecting the guy who is the leading point scorer by a country mile and only 2nd in tries.

upload_2019-11-4_20-33-17.png

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think he is a great talent and until the racists comments he coped on Twitter he was on fire and went off the boil after it. He is a talent and one of the best backs in the game .
The only issue I see is he will be under the microscope if he leaves the roosters and will he be able to handle the pressure. Being at the roosters and with their squad he hasn’t had that pressure before , he leaves he will be the man , will he aim up?
It seems since he is on outer from roosters he had been coping it ( more so than Hayne or barba when they didn’t perform 10/10) and I can guarantee he will cop it from the nine commentators if he goes to the dogs and does t have blinders .

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have a centre crisis at our club and we're talking about not signing Mitchell

Hopoate is not a centre, sure he can do a job but we need two top centres who will take our attack to another level. Our for and against for the past 2-3 seasons has been a disgrace. I'm sick of this boring grind it out footy every week, we score 1 try kick some penalties and hold the opposition out.

If we do not recruit any centres in the off season expect more of the same rubbish attack next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Maybe I watch a different game, I can't even fathom rejecting the guy who is the leading point scorer by a country mile and only 2nd in tries.

View attachment 11815
Wanting him or not isn't the issue, it's wanting him at a certain price. He's a high risk signing and some people on here aren't willing to accept that and would happily pay him 100s of thousands more than any other centre in the game. We can't just throw away money because we're desperate and want a shiney new toy.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
i think he is a great talent and until the racists comments he coped on Twitter he was on fire and went off the boil after it. He is a talent and one of the best backs in the game .
The only issue I see is he will be under the microscope if he leaves the roosters and will he be able to handle the pressure. Being at the roosters and with their squad he hasn’t had that pressure before , he leaves he will be the man , will he aim up?
It seems since he is on outer from roosters he had been coping it ( more so than Hayne or barba when they didn’t perform 10/10) and I can guarantee he will cop it from the nine commentators if he goes to the dogs and does t have blinders .
He's been under the microscope all year. Latrell hasn't caught a break. As soon as he had one year left on his contract he's been speculated about. Then throw in form after origin (still better then anyone that we have) and the racist stuff you speak of. There is probably something else that I'm forgetting. With all that happening he was still the highest point scoring player and scored almost the most tries in the league... he was also titled the best Centre in the game at Dally M night (which doesn't actually mean you're the best Centre in the game, but imo he is).

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

View attachment 11815
I agree... madness