Latrell Mitchell Discussion Megathread

Is Latrell worth $1 Million?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
750k plus TPA’s for 4 years plus rep and finals bonuses on a sliding scale. That gets him his million per year if he’s serious.
If our club can’t swing a deal like that then we’ve got problems. He’s a centre and as much as I’d like to see him in our squad, any more than that is spinning the roulette wheel

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does incentive based even exist? I doubt you're going to get a player to sign on it. They just want the base $.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1.2 for 5 years... After that he will get greedy/complacement/injured

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes he is... When weve been paying Foran a mil and the **** rarely plays, paying Eastwood 800k and players like Tolman on big dollars. This may cost us big bucks, but he's the big fish we need to draw others in. No problem paying a million for someone if you manage the rest effectively and considering we are set with our rookie halves over the next couple of seasons I think we will be alright when it comes to the cap

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Any contract we offer NEEDS to be incentive based.
Issues like...
- shuts off during a game
- not a team player
- doesn't meet kpi's
- causes undue media attention
etc are all issues that he needs to accept and address.
Contract definitely needs to be in our favour and anything 900k+ is ridiculous!
I think you’ll find all managers, the RLPA & even the NRL wont allow that to happen

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mitchell would be a good signing, though nowhere near the quoted figures and length of deal.

For that $1m+ range, you throw that at superstars who perform week in week out. Superstars who play in the spine, guide the team around the park, lead by example and deliver week in week out.

There are not many of them around, but the ones that are, are mentally unbreakable.

No doubt he would probably get a couple of naive clubs like the Eels and Titans who like paying the big bucks for the wrong "superstars", though the difference between the clowns running those clubs, and the professionals running the likes of the Roosters, Souths and Storm is heaven and earth.

Obviously there are a few kennelers on here, who get a hard on watching Mitchell dive in for a try like an Airbus a370 landing on the tarmac, along with his post bunny ear celebrations, but that does not qualify him for a $1m dollar contract

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Mitchell would be a good signing, though nowhere near the quoted figures and length of deal.

For that $1m+ range, you throw that at superstars who perform week in week out. Superstars who play in the spine, guide the team around the park, lead by example and deliver week in week out.

There are not many of them around, but the ones that are, are mentally unbreakable.

No doubt he would probably get a couple of naive clubs like the Eels and Titans who like paying the big bucks for the wrong "superstars", though the difference between the clowns running those clubs, and the professionals running the likes of the Roosters, Souths and Storm is heaven and earth.

Obviously there are a few kennelers on here, who get a hard on watching Mitchell dive in for a try like an Airbus a370 landing on the tarmac, along with his post bunny ear celebrations, but that does not qualify him for a $1m dollar contract
So our club is run by clowns too?

Who off contract would you like us to sign that fit the 1m bill?

I don't think Latrell is worth the reported amount but that's the situation we're in unfortunately. Also even knowing that I'd still sign him.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

I don't think Latrell is worth the reported amount but that's the situation we're in unfortunately. Also even knowing that I'd still sign him.
Our previous board at our club was run by clowns exactly! We wont get into the signing and re-signings during their era, as it's been done to death.

So far, the current board has done well with some signings such as DWZ.

If they are to sign Mitchell at the quoted figures and length of term, than yes they are clowns!

So we have $1m to sign a player and according to you, we MUST sign someone on 1 million, so you can "brag" that we have a "1m dollar superstar"?

We have Foran on $1.2m this upcoming season, and over the 3 years it averaged out to $1m a season. How has that worked out for us?

We had Tony Williams, Moses Mbye, Aaron Woods and a lot more players on massive overs. How did that work out for us?

You ask, who off contract would you like us to sign that fits the $1?m bill? My answer is noone. Because what is currently available out there, noone is worth $1m other than Tom Turbo and he aint leaving Manly.

Looking at the current market and with "1m to spend" id throw it at two players. Nabbing the two correct players at the right price, will bring more value week in week out than one Latrell Mitchell.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our previous board at our club was run by clowns exactly! We wont get into the signing and re-signings during their era, as it's been done to death.

So far, the current board has done well with some signings such as DWZ.

If they are to sign Mitchell at the quoted figures and length of term, than yes they are clowns!

So we have $1m to sign a player and according to you, we MUST sign someone on 1 million, so you can "brag" that we have a "1m dollar superstar"?

We have Foran on $1.2m this upcoming season, and over the 3 years it averaged out to $1m a season. How has that worked out for us?

We had Tony Williams, Moses Mbye, Aaron Woods and a lot more players on massive overs. How did that work out for us?

You ask, who off contract would you like us to sign that fits the $1?m bill? My answer is noone. Because what is currently available out there, noone is worth $1m other than Tom Turbo and he aint leaving Manly.

Looking at the current market and with "1m to spend" id throw it at two players. Nabbing the two correct players at the right price, will bring more value week in week out than one Latrell Mitchell.
I hear what you're saying. I just don't think you'll find two or more players for the right price or at least what you think players are worth. I think you could sign two 400k players for Latrell's money (100k each extra as an incentive - possibly not even enough). They'd still want an incentive to come tho. Remember we missed out on Ramien and Koroisau with our offer rumoured to be around 1m. We also have more then 1m to spend. I think there will be a combination of the two. Latrell is going to offer something that players around that value can't do or at least not expected to produce (almost no one has more X Factor then Latrell). We also can only buy what is available. We will probably need a 700k-1m Halfback in the future but it isn't something we can fix now.

This can't happen now but would you prefer Ramien (or Leilua) and Koroisau or Latrell? That's around the quality of players we'd get with Latrell's money.

Last edited:

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I here what you're saying. I just don't think you'll find two or more players for the right price or at least what you think players are worth. I think you could sign two 400k players for Latrell's money. They'd still want an incentive to come tho. Remember we missed out on Ramien and Koroisau with our offer rumoured to be around 1m.
There is plenty of players available, you just got to be smart the way you go about it and hopefully a couple of stick.

Ok you have Mitchell, Fifita, Turbo Bros all off contract, and one would presume the majority of the clubs would be chasing them and getting into bidding wars.

Under them you have players like, Taukeiaho, Flegler, Staggs, Harry Grant, Vunivalu, Papenhuyzen. Im sure you could nab two of the above mentioned for a $1m.

Roosters have yet to re-sign JWH and Taukeiaho. When these type of calibre players are yet to be re-signed by the Roosters, you know they have something up their sleeves. I wouldnt put it past them that they are chasing Fifita and/or Frizell, and will let one or both leave to accommodate them. I would seriously be asking questions about Taukeiaho

Banned
Reaction score
I think you’ll find all managers, the RLPA & even the NRL wont allow that to happen
May be the case, yet employment is based around performance.
You don't meet performance expectations, you're warned, and if ongoing, you're on your arse boy!
If he is not a willing participant to sign on with those conditions, he is not the type of player we need at the club, period!
I strongly suspect that to be the case, yet I would love for him to come to us and prove me wrong.

Well, there's the matter of a business in administration, due to fraud that the owners apparently didn't know about, despite blind Freddie being likely being able to see a glaring financial issue.
Two trips to the other side of the world, nil signings.
Prospective coach with dogs heritage and from all reports, would of loved to have returned, that was let thru to the keeper.
So yes, there's evidence that suggests the clown label is justified.

Why do we have to sign someone for a million?
Can we not sign a few players and/or forward pay a few players on our books already?

No it is not, we can say thanks but no thanks!
In fact, that is oft the harder choice taken by champions.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is plenty of players available, you just got to be smart the way you go about it and hopefully a couple of stick.

Ok you have Mitchell, Fifita, Turbo Bros all off contract, and one would presume the majority of the clubs would be chasing them and getting into bidding wars.

Under them you have players like, Taukeiaho, Flegler, Staggs, Harry Grant, Vunivalu, Papenhuyzen. Im sure you could nab two of the above mentioned for a $1m.

Roosters have yet to re-sign JWH and Taukeiaho. When these type of calibre players are yet to be re-signed by the Roosters, you know they have something up their sleeves. I wouldnt put it past them that they are chasing Fifita and/or Frizell, and will let one or both leave to accommodate them. I would seriously be asking questions about Taukeiaho
Well I would sign Latrell, Grant, Taukeiaho and Vunivalu if it was me. Three players from your list. Just because we sign Latrell doesn't mean we can't sign other players too. That's about 2.5-3m. Not sure how much we'll have. It also depends on who we retain.

Last edited:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Depends. If you compare him to Foran on a mill, then yes he is.

Otherwise I don't think he is worth a mill, especially based on his work rate.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Good morning to my fellow habibs, wogs and skips.

Simple question for a simple poll

Is Latrell Mitchell worth $1m a year for the next 10 years?
I reckon 5 years max bro just to protect the club a bit. If both parties are happy at the end of the contract then resign for another few years.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I think so. Already a superstar, once Foran is gone (cant see being resigned or if retired) be on less than he is.
I voted yes, he is the sort of player we need. Has a bit of everything X factor included. and not a bad goal kicker either..!! It’s worth the risk.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just remember when we end up with no one, remember all this bitching about which **** is worth what, we dont run the club we support, so fuckn support what ever they choose to do with player recruitment
I love the fact that they want to bring the best players, and hopefully they succeed

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just remember when we end up with no one, remember all this bitching about which **** is worth what, we dont run the club we support, so fuckn support what ever they choose to do with player recruitment
I love the fact that they want to bring the best players, and hopefully they succeed
We have to get someone :P . There will be at least one person who complains with anyone recruited. Who we recruit is different to supporting the team tho. I'll support whoever we sign. Even if we sign another Napa :smilingimp:.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
May be the case, yet employment is based around performance.
You don't meet performance expectations, you're warned, and if ongoing, you're on your arse boy!
If he is not a willing participant to sign on with those conditions, he is not the type of player we need at the club, period!
I strongly suspect that to be the case, yet I would love for him to come to us and prove me wrong.

Well, there's the matter of a business in administration, due to fraud that the owners apparently didn't know about, despite blind Freddie being likely being able to see a glaring financial issue.
Two trips to the other side of the world, nil signings.
Prospective coach with dogs heritage and from all reports, would of loved to have returned, that was let thru to the keeper.
So yes, there's evidence that suggests the clown label is justified.

Why do we have to sign someone for a million?
Can we not sign a few players and/or forward pay a few players on our books already?

No it is not, we can say thanks but no thanks!
In fact, that is oft the harder choice taken by champions.
All you could do is drop him to reserves or sit him out. If we wanted contract terms like that we’d struggle to have a single player