Which team will improve the most in 2020 and which team will decline the most?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Based on just final league standing Points which team will gain the most points in 2020 and which team will lose the most points?

Improve= North Queensland Cowboys.

Decline= Melbourne Storm.

Last edited:

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Improved titans, dragons and panthers.

Decline eels eels eels

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we can start putting some attack together I think Dogs can manage a top8 spot.
St George have no excuse to not be top 8 so I think they will improve from this year.
Decline= souths

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Manly will be top 2 for much of the season and will play Roosters in the GF. Our boys will start where they left off and finish 5th or 6th

Souths will struggle to make the 8

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Improve - BULLDOGS
Decline - sharks, eels and co lol

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you look at the roster changes - it truly is an interesting time in terms of a changing of the guard. Whilst we lose plethora of experienced campaigners every year, similar to 2018 when we had 7 or 8 three-hundred gamers retire - but there was only 18 players retiring. This time round, we have about 24 players retiring, taking around 4,000 games in experience away. Factor in the 10 or so players who are confirmed playing in England or Rugby, on top of that the plethora of first-graders who have been released (think Kahu, Turner, Winterstein, Fuimanono, Bowen, Gela-Mosby, Luke). That leaves a gaping hole in rosters, to be filled by development players, and mid-tier signings (in my opinion).

That being said, if you look at everyone' "gains" and "losses" - there are no real superstar signings. Only losses

Dragons --> Widdop
Roosters --> Cronk
Sharks --> Gallen
Penrith --> Maloney
Rabbitohs --> G.Burgess

The highest "profile" players moving clubs, I would argue, are Korisau and RCG. And I would not put them in the top echelon of players, probably 1-2 runs below.

To summarise this giberish - I think we are looking at a really open season, where improvement in teams will be largely dependent on who gets blooded into these systems. Granted - silly season is upon us and we could see huge changes in squads between now and round 1 (I am actually betting on a few upheavals).

Im tipping the Roosters and Storm to drop a few spots... but who replaces them at the top? Maybe Canberra, if Williams comes in and fires that up that forward pack. I can see the Dogs improving to contend for the 8. I also expect the Knights to make the top 4.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Improve: Dogs, Broncos,Raiders
Decline: Panthers, Maloney is a big loss and no replacement

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
improve- cowboys, holmes to fb drinkwater to 5/8
decline - Broncs