Nelson Asofa Solomona

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Maybe not 10 weeks but he should be suspended for some time.

I just don't agree with this whole notion that he was sticking up for a mate. Clearly they were off their chop the whole night and we all know this shit happens from time to time even more so in a foreign environment. He could have easily been arrested overseas and this would have been an even bigger issue for him to deal with.
Agree. There were supposedly 5 or 6 other Storm players there. How come they didn't stick up for their mate?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe not 10 weeks but he should be suspended for some time.

I just don't agree with this whole notion that he was sticking up for a mate. Clearly they were off their chop the whole night and we all know this shit happens from time to time even more so in a foreign environment. He could have easily been arrested overseas and this would have been an even bigger issue for him to deal with.
+1

If people think they were somehow completely innocent in this whole malarkey, i've got a bridge i'd like to sell you.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dont think I agree with the 10 weeks - but I think a punishment is definitely in the works here.

Defending him, yes. But there was a point in that video he had an opportunity to stop, and he just went even harder. I think he will be up for a 5 figure fine, and maybe suspended for 2 games (internationals).
I guess it depends at what point the bloke dropped the broken glass he was meant to be holding. Based on what we know I back Nelson 100%

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So none of you have been out minding your own business then some hero comes at you or someone with you for no reason I take it. Not taking sides but its a fact that these unprovoked attacks do happen, and yes in Australia too.
Been unfortunate enough to be out with a mate that has been glassed for no reason whatsoever. And I can tell you seeing them injuries first hand this is not something id let happen to me if I saw some maniac with one in his hand wanting to go me.
Welcome to the real world people, its not all lollipops and rainbows.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I guess it depends at what point the bloke dropped the broken glass he was meant to be holding. Based on what we know I back Nelson 100%
I am all for jumping in for the boys. Would not hesitate if someone tried to have a crack.

Having said that, I am putting myself in a situation that could endanger myself, whether that be physically, or legally speaking. Unfortunately, what he does not have going for him is the storm that follows a social media outlet like this, nor the rampaging mothers who will be demanding punishment. If you recall - one of the reasons they had to introduce the no-stand down policy, was due to the impact it has had on female spectators, and potential sponsorships.

If this was 20 years ago, where there would be no footage, all we heard was NAS defended his mate - we would all be shouting him a beer next time we see him.

Am I happy he got some justice for his mate? Bloody oath. If reports are to be believed, the flop who instigated it all can be eating out of a straw for the next 3 months for all I care. Do I also believe that NAS might need to be reprimanded? Unfortunately, I think the NRL have no choice.

Just my opinion. I am hoping he is cleared, but it will stink to high hell with the mothersclub if he isn't punished.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I am all for jumping in for the boys. Would not hesitate if someone tried to have a crack.

Having said that, I am putting myself in a situation that could endanger myself, whether that be physically, or legally speaking. Unfortunately, what he does not have going for him is the storm that follows a social media outlet like this, nor the rampaging mothers who will be demanding punishment. If you recall - one of the reasons they had to introduce the no-stand down policy, was due to the impact it has had on female spectators, and potential sponsorships.

If this was 20 years ago, where there would be no footage, all we heard was NAS defended his mate - we would all be shouting him a beer next time we see him.

Am I happy he got some justice for his mate? Bloody oath. If reports are to be believed, the flop who instigated it all can be eating out of a straw for the next 3 months for all I care. Do I also believe that NAS might need to be reprimanded? Unfortunately, I think the NRL have no choice.

Just my opinion. I am hoping he is cleared, but it will stink to high hell with the mothersclub if he isn't punished.
I think he’ll get punished but don’t think too severely. The mothers may also think that if their son was Vunivalu they’d want his mates defending him. I hope we see the other guy soon. I’m looking forward to it

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he’ll get punished but don’t think too severely. The mothers may also think that if their son was Vunivalu they’d want his mates defending him. I hope we see the other guy soon. I’m looking forward to it
Im surprised he hasn’t gone to the media yet

Banned
Reaction score
+1

If people think they were somehow completely innocent in this whole malarkey, i've got a bridge i'd like to sell you.
Fuck that, it requires constant preventative maintenance not to fucking rust and fall into the water below it!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I cant really make an opinion, i dont know who was at fault in the fight and the lead up. But i do wonder how this would have played out if it had been bulldogs players.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I cant really make an opinion, i dont know who was at fault in the fight and the lead up. But i do wonder how this would have played out if it had been bulldogs players.
Daily front page headlines. Leading the TV news every live cross, calls for mass sackings, Todd in emergency meetings arranging the club's 2 year suspension for bringing the game into disrepute. Is that enough Rupert? Lol

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
A bit embarrassing for big Nelly ArseOfASorryMoaner that he was going like a thrashing machine but the other bloke was still standing.
Been to the Gordie Tallis school of pugilism, he couldn't drop Ben Ross or Terry O'Connor either.
Does Nelson hit like a bitch? Les Davidson wouldnt hit a bloke that many times without knocking him cold you can guarantee. Shame there wasn't better footage of this NAS incident.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A bit embarrassing for big Nelly ArseOfASorryMoaner that he was going like a thrashing machine but the other bloke was still standing.
Been to the Gordie Tallis school of pugilism, he couldn't drop Ben Ross or Terry O'Connor either.
Does Nelson hit like a bitch? Les Davidson wouldnt hit a bloke that many times without knocking him cold you can guarantee. Shame there wasn't better footage of this NAS incident.
The telegraph now reporting it was 3 guys who were hitting Vunivalu and NAS was taking the 3 of them on

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if you have seen the picture of one bloke he hit
But opened him up from asshole to breakfast
Let me tell you, I couldn’t believe that was done form a punch
Defiantly doesn’t hit like a bitch lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Most folks appear to trust that news source as much as they trust you!
I couldn’t give a rats who trusts either, especially you. It was direct quotes from an interview from Vunivalu

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This really pisses me off. We all saw how bad the last off season was for the game... here, barely 1 week after the season ends, this overgrown idiot goes full retard in a foreign country.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Machete job that one.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Didnt someone say previously in this thread that the photo shown was a pic of a bloke who had been glassed? That would explain why it doesn't look like punches caused that sort of damage.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Where did you find the pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.