News NRL bosses to pocket $1m in bonuses despite grand final debacle

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
"But none of that will stop NRL administrators from collecting big end-of-season bonuses next month – unless the Australian Rugby League Commission steps in to stop them being awarded.
The NRL’s bonus system is based largely on revenue, rather than the way the game is administered during the year. Chief executive Todd Greenberg revealed during the week that the game generated $500 million for the year for the first time. That’s a great result for Greenberg. It was boosted by sellout crowds at the grand final and Origin matches in Sydney and Perth.

It means Greenberg is in line to collect a bonus of about $250,000. Other senior executives will receive up to 25 per cent of their salaries – in some cases about $100,000 – in bonuses."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...pite-grand-final-debacle-20191012-p53042.html

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just goes to show how corrupt they are.
Dont worry about how incompetent they are. Not surprised at all

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How about they get their bonuses based on their competency? Those at the top of the tree are responsible for their employees..i.e. the referees, linesmen and judiciary. All three of those groups have had a shocker of a year.. no consistency and a lot of decisions that stank to high heaven.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Completely agree it just stinks that every jersey has a betting sponsor on it, dodgy as fuck the Nrl. If it wasn’t for our doggies I wouldn’t give a hoots
Most of the profit was generated from gambling sponsors. Which is fucking disgusting...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
500 million?
Share the wealth, lower prices, lift the cap some more.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
The worst part is the creation of employee contracts which have a potential 25% bonus component. Just a big gravy train with lots of snouts in the trough looking after each other. Imagine being on $200K and getting a $50K bonus... which would be a lot of the supporters take home wage.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They deserve bonuses if they have performed but youd have to say the game has gone backwards this year

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This kind of thing happens when dollars are the only (or predominant) method used to measure success. Anyone who thoroughly supports a free market deregulated capitalist system can only stand and applaud.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
fucking grubs from the administrators to the refs if it was not for the dogs I would not watch a game

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
fucking grubs from the administrators to the refs if it was not for the dogs I would not watch a game
only watch dogs games now over this crap., although i will watch our boys in the kiwi team.

Last edited:

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Talk about kicking the fans when they are down

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
500 million dollars vs losing 500 thousand supporters a year isnt sustainable for too much longer.
Especially when 99 percent of the rugby league community want roosters kicked out of comp for obvous reasons and are turning off at a rapid rate. Dont get me started on the refereeing and Greenbergs rules.
Seriously considering introducing my son to afl the way the game is going, it pains me to say that.
With all this new bullshit they need to drop it back to 12 a side

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
500 million dollars vs losing 500 thousand supporters a year isnt sustainable for too much longer.
Especially when 99 percent of the rugby league community want roosters kicked out of comp for obvous reasons and are turning off at a rapid rate. Dont get me started on the refereeing and Greenbergs rules.
Seriously considering introducing my son to afl the way the game is going, it pains me to say that.
With all this new bullshit they need to drop it back to 12 a side
It really has some benefits, what with the way the game is coached these days.

What position you gonna get rid of?

5/8? Lock?

Might as well totally get rid of scrums too?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
imagine being incompetent and getting a huge bonus for it :tired:
politicians fall in that category too.

Us regular folks, if we are incompetent with our jobs we don't get bonuses, we get sacked.