Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Jack Wighton

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to love how Canberra make the GF against all odds and the media report that they have to release their whole team because of cap pressure.

The Roosters win back to back comps with a team full of rep stars and they're not rumoured to be under any cap pressure. And none of the media question any of it...

It really is a joke of a competition and it's a wonder why any of us even care.

The Roosters could win 10 comps in a row and no one at the NRL or in the media would call them out for their blatant cheating. Instead they'll just blow "supercoach" Robinson and Politis.

the saturation of gambling branding and advertising is also a turn off for mine... betting agencies featured on just about every jersey. Lotto Land, Points Bet stadium. And a constant flow of betting ads throughout the telecasts

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to love how Canberra make the GF against all odds and the media report that they have to release their whole team because of cap pressure.

The Roosters win back to back comps with a team full of rep stars and they're not rumoured to be under any cap pressure. And none of the media question any of it...

It really is a joke of a competition and it's a wonder why any of us even care.

The Roosters could win 10 comps in a row and no one at the NRL or in the media would call them out for their blatant cheating. Instead they'll just blow "supercoach" Robinson and Politis.
What's annoyed me most about this is how the media have purposefully come out and 'questioned' the Rooster's ability to keep all of their highprofile players, only to demonstrate that it's indeed possible and how they're the blueprint for successful clubs.

It sickens me how there's such open contempt for rugby league in general, but also the fans in that they're openly and clearly rorting the system but now using the media to try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. The hardest part in all of this are the Bulldog, Melbourne fans who've really paid the price for salary cap cheating and have been forever marked by it. But the Rorters continually get away with it with the backing of the NRL, media, an most high profile ex-players. It's a joke.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What's annoyed me most about this is how the media have purposefully come out and 'questioned' the Rooster's ability to keep all of their highprofile players, only to demonstrate that it's indeed possible and how they're the blueprint for successful clubs.

It sickens me how there's such open contempt for rugby league in general, but also the fans in that they're openly and clearly rorting the system but now using the media to try to pull the wool over everyone's eyes. The hardest part in all of this are the Bulldog, Melbourne fans who've really paid the price for salary cap cheating and have been forever marked by it. But the Rorters continually get away with it with the backing of the NRL, media, an most high profile ex-players. It's a joke.
The fact that the ex-players can make that video and joke and discuss the rorter's sombrero with total impunity and disrespect to all other teams fans, tells you all you need to know about the control and influence of Politis.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a good kicking halve someone who can get repeat sets and tries with grubbers in goal last not a running five eight.

Malla

Reaction score
Wighton will re-up his deal with Raiders. He isn't going to leave.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We need a good kicking halve someone who can get repeat sets and tries with grubbers in goal last not a running five eight.
Wakeham?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
if he ever gets any fucking game time in FG for sure
Hope Pay gets real with his selections over the pre-season...but most of us worry that won't be the case unfortunately.

Broke up Holland/Smith last pre season and so I guess our other combination of benchies RFM/RT will be this pre-season clanger.

We can't afford any missteps in the coaching of the team 2020.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

To the point where Greenberg comes out and endorses them and refutes any claims that they cheat the cap. He sees them as the model other clubs should try and follow.

How dumb does he think we all are? And how oblivious and/or corrupt is he? It's sickening.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
To the point where Greenberg comes out and endorses them and refutes any claims that they cheat the cap. He sees them as the model other clubs should try and follow.

How dumb does he think we all are? And how obvious and/or corrupt is he? It's sickening.

I think he is implying that the other teams should employ their own untouchable chairman

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You don't actually believe any of that shit do you?
This statement has clearly been planted already "Cooper Cronk's retirement and Zane Tetevano's likely exit will free up much-needed salary cap room, while Aubusson is expected to retire when his new one-year deal concludes next year." It will be the reason why they're not only going to keep their current stars but buy more talent and the NRL is happy with that. On the other hand, if the Dogs or anyone else for that matter even slightly goes over .... BOOM!

It's absolutely sickening and contemptful towards everyone. Considering what our club has been through with the salary cap, I honestly don't understand why more people don't call the Rorters and NRL out.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This statement has clearly been planted already "Cooper Cronk's retirement and Zane Tetevano's likely exit will free up much-needed salary cap room, while Aubusson is expected to retire when his new one-year deal concludes next year." It will be the reason why they're not only going to keep their current stars but buy more talent and the NRL is happy with that. On the other hand, if the Dogs or anyone else for that matter even slightly goes over .... BOOM!

It's absolutely sickening and contemptful towards everyone. Considering what our club has been through with the salary cap, I honestly don't understand why more people don't call the Rorters and NRL out.
I completely agree. I actually don't blame the Roosters. Why wouldn't they cheat when they keep getting away with it? I blame the 15 other clubs for not calling the NRL out on it and taking a stand to enforce long overdue change.

Teams like the Tigers who are never a finals threat are under cap pressure constantly but the Roosters win two comps in a row and aren't?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think he is implying that the other teams should employ their own untouchable chairman
And also tip in with their back handed payments....if Nick can contribute to Toddy's retirement fund, then the other 15 teams can damn well follow that blueprint with his blessing.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Greed bites back in the end. The Roosters are enjoying "success", but the pressure to keep it going will be immense. If punters in this thread are correct in terms of the secret to the Roosters success, then greed ensures they will push for more and by doing so the whole thing is more likely to spectacularly fall. The longer it takes, the bigger the fall will be.