Classic gone bust?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard from a mate that Classic have gone bust. Wonder what that means for our merchandise? Jerseys were a fuck up this year and weren’t released until during the season.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone else posted that a few weeks ago in here as well so it could be true.

It could be a blessing for the Dogs to get out of the contract because they have been pretty disappointing.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love Canterbury, they always make quality gear and was disappointed to see us go to some low budget manufacturer.

Hopefully this is true and we can get a better one sorted asap.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't really care who manufactures them, although I would prefer Canterbury (CCC) for obvious reasons.

The main thing I'm glad about is that the hideous KIA logo won't be a stain on our proud jersey anymore.
Agree..!!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want ISC so we can have the fancy superhero jerseys too
They haven't done super hero jerseys for a couple of seasons now. I'm glad we were never involved they were so tacky but each to their own.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They haven't done super hero jerseys for a couple of seasons now. I'm glad we were never involved they were so tacky but each to their own.
Each to their own.

Still looked better than the POS jerseys we have been flogging for years..

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't really care who manufactures them, although I would prefer Canterbury (CCC) for obvious reasons.

The main thing I'm glad about is that the hideous KIA logo won't be a stain on our proud jersey anymore.
our jerseys look terrible, couldnt bring myself to buy anything this year, classis is the dud of sportswear makers
kia now teamed up with the broncos, they may not get the value they thought they would there either

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On one hand, it sucks that employees are out of work

On the other, there is a chance that our next kit might look slightly more presentable

Last edited:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't a good choice moving to Classic, there was no reason to move away from Canterbury.

Having said that I did buy some A-league stuff out of Classic in the last few weeks, dirt cheap and doesn't look too bad.

They have some bulldogs jerseys on their website at $48 at the moment.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It wasn't a good choice moving to Classic, there was no reason to move away from Canterbury.

Having said that I did buy some A-league stuff out of Classic in the last few weeks, dirt cheap and doesn't look too bad.

They have some bulldogs jerseys on their website at $48 at the moment.
There was a good reason to go with Classic and that’s that they offered us more money then Canterbury.

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
i wish we had adidas jerseys. or new balance, who have done a great job with liverpool FC but not sure if they are interested in NRL.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There was a good reason to go with Classic and that’s that they offered us more money then Canterbury.
What type of money could we be talking, surely loose change for a club like us.

Sometimes quality product and fans enjoying/buying a product is more important than a few dollars (to a club like us).

Different story with struggling clubs.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Sometimes quality product and fans enjoying/buying a product is more important than a few dollars (to a club like us).

they will make more money in the long term anyway because a better product will generate more sales... I personally wasn't going to invest in the ugly kits we rolled out this season and I can only imagine there were plenty of others who felt the same

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

It was a substantial increase on what Canterbury were offering. If they haven’t gone bust we are stuck with them for another 3 years too. Just because we have the Leagues Club doesn’t mean the Football Club should take low ball offers.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
they will make more money in the long term anyway because a better product will generate more sales... I personally wasn't going to invest in the ugly kits we rolled out this season and I can only imagine there were plenty of others who felt the same
100% agree, even though I saw the jersey at $48 when I was on their website recently I wouldn't consider buying one, would rather wear the old Canterbury ones.