ROOSTER UNDER ACHIEVED

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If you swap cooper and thurston regarding teams they played in.
I believe thurston would have won a few more comps for Melbourne. CRONK would have been a no body in some of the cowboys teams.

Melbourne and roosters have both champion players across the park and cronk has been lucky to have played in those teams.

Melbourne still won the minor premiership by 6 points. CRONK didn't make Melbourne better. They already have a great team.

Roosters have bought tadesko and cronk this year BRETT Morris and that England winger who is a gun and couldn't even make the team.
Crighton and keary from souths
Roosters have paid for these 2 premierships
They have not built a team from bottom up.

A team with all those players compared to all the players in the Raiders team. Or manly or half the other teams are worth more money player by player in each position.

NO WAY the roosters are under the cap. Unless they are all getting under paid. It is common sence. Just have TO use logic.
Roosters are all STAR studded and any coach MUST win a few comps with those players in the team.

I do not believe that roosters top 30 is getting paid like the bulldogs top 30. Or manly or titans or raiders and I can keep going.
Roosters have actually under achieved. They should have won the minor premiership also.

Melbourne was the best team over 26 rounds EASILY

Roosters won 1 extra game in the finals than any other team.

Big whoops.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
You can't exactly say that a team who won the GF underachieved. What else is there to win? The WCC is treated by Australian teams as a trial.

I don't think many will pick Cronk over Thurston during their prime. The poll in this thread has Thurston a clear winner. However Cronk was still a good player. Think back to the 2018 GF. The Roosters practically played that game with 12 men the entire time. He didn't get involved much, but he directed the team around the park. He was pretty good.

The beautiful thing for us though... they are REALLY going to miss him next year, and he will be a big loss.

I don't see the Roosters winning the Premiership now for a very long time. I said the same thing about the Broncos after their GF win in 2006, the Dragons in 2010, Manly in 2011, the Cowboys after 2015, and the Sharks after 2016 - and neither have gone the distance yet.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have not built a team from bottom up.

A team with all those players compared to all the players in the Raiders team.
23 players out of the current top 30 listed at the Roosters have been there since they were in under 20s. That's exactly what building a team from the bottom up means.

Meanwhile the 457 Visa Raiders have 4.

And how's this for underachieving in the last decade:
3 Premierships
4 Minor Premierships
3 World Club Challengers*
Reigning Nines Champions
Ranked best club side of the last decade.

I understand this coincides with a decade of failure from your club, but at least be a bit factual when trying to lay the boot in.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
My point is - and you have missed the point. A team with all those players compared to all the players from any other team. Are worth more than the salary cap. And you expect that team to win. There is no other option..
Their spine have all come from other teams.
1 TADESKO
6 LUKE KEARY
7 COOPER CRONK
9 FRIEND (He did play for warriors at one stage)

2 BRETT Morris
14 Angus crighton

I am sure you put those players in any other team and you basically have paid to win the premiership

The other players without THESE PLAYERS IN THE TEAM are no where near as good as they are.

So back to my point. You expect the roosters team with those players to win..

I never said they have not been successful.
But compare apples with Apples

Do you think THE COACH ROBINSON would have don any better with the current TITANS team?

We all talk how just 1 player in the fullback or the halves can make a big difference to a team. Yet the ROOSTERS have purchases
TADESKO
KEARY
CRONK
AND BOUGHT back Jake FRIEND.
So there you go

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brooooooo.
I hate the cheats as much as the next guy but this is a pretty bad argument.

Atleast make the argument about them rorting the cap and/or being gifted the 2019 premiership on a platter (Thanks Todd?).

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just your typical Mike Z thread ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Remind me, when did Jake Friend play for the Warriors?

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does not matter
My argument is they still paid for the premiership

I did say they are rorting the cap.
No way the team is getting paid like the bulldogs or manly or TITANS and so on.
If so the ROOSTERS PLAYERS are happy to be underpaid.

Be realistic we all know they are cheats.

They paid for Tadesko, Cronk, keary, BRETT Morris, by the way he left the dogs for more money obviously as the dog's did offer him a contract and dont want to hear THAT he and his brother left because They wanted to stay together.
Hall FROM UK SUPER LEAGUE is an international and could not make the team.
He is a walk in any other team. He wont be less than 500k.

ROOSTERS ARE CHEATS

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares, same thread every other day, I’ve learnt to take all my emotion out of the game, it’s probably the worst run sport out there.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Mike Z part of the Kennel's Affirmative Action intake?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roosters were in cruise control all year with their only focus being finals footy... they won a grand final in which they only had to play at around 85%... even Bellyache knew, that in first gear, Rorters were well ahead of the other teams, hence him changing his roster so close to the semis despite being comfortable ladder leaders

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters were in cruise control all year with their only focus being finals footy... they won a grand final in which they only had to play at around 85%... even Bellyache knew, that in first gear, Rorters were well ahead of the other teams, hence him changing his roster so close to the semis despite being comfortable ladder leaders
So much for the NRL trying to create a level playing field, unfortunately I don't believe that anything will change any time soon.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RORTERS..!! The under achievers lol.

They didn’t.. with a team like that it was always likely.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Does not matter
My argument is they still paid for the premiership

I did say they are rorting the cap.
No way the team is getting paid like the bulldogs or manly or TITANS and so on.
If so the ROOSTERS PLAYERS are happy to be underpaid.

Be realistic we all know they are cheats.

They paid for Tadesko, Cronk, keary, BRETT Morris, by the way he left the dogs for more money obviously as the dog's did offer him a contract and dont want to hear THAT he and his brother left because They wanted to stay together.
Hall FROM UK SUPER LEAGUE is an international and could not make the team.
He is a walk in any other team. He wont be less than 500k.

ROOSTERS ARE CHEATS
Drawn-Together-drawn-together-40940082-475-335.gif

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much for the NRL trying to create a level playing field, unfortunately I don't believe that anything will change any time soon.
And it doesn't help that most of the bottom 8 teams are allowed to be inconsistent and lazy... That's not the NRL's fault I know... but it's damaging to the brand