Social Media Jake Friend to the Dogs?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rumour going around that Verills is the number one hooker and Friend is coming to the Dogs. Personally I think it's bullshit and don't want him anyways... but then again they did play him in the GF when he clearly shouldn't have and had him up their with Cordner so make of it what you will

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 year deal. Would teach JMK a fair bit and add experience into this very young squad.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No.... We need a dynamic hooker to make up for our lack of creativity in the halves and FB.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're becoming a retirement home..... Uncle Nick took our best players at their peak!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're becoming a retirement home..... Uncle Nick took our best players at their peak!
Napa signed with us at what? 25??? His workload has increased since coming over.. sure we don't see as much of his aggression but that's more to do with not risking suspension

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he's a winner and an absolute workhorse who bullies oppositions which is what the dogs of war were always about.
Might be good for Jmk, teach him a thing or two, I would say no an have but thinking about it 1 year may be alright. Not totally against it.

But would love JWH .. now that’s a machine and winner.. he kills it An would give us some massive PUNCH...!!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Might be good for Jmk, teach him a thing or two, I would say no an have but thinking about it 1 year may be alright. Not totally against it.

But would love JWH .. now that’s a machine and winner.. he kills it An would give us some massive PUNCH...!!!

We talk about the Tedesco's, Keary's, etc.. but for mine, the real key for the Rorters is the work that JWH, Friend, Aubo and co do.. they give you nothing, they get you on the front foot, and give their spine so much time and opportunity.

I would happily have Jake for a couple of seasons

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
JWH and Friend are both wankers. I’d hate them playing for us

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We talk about the Tedesco's, Keary's, etc.. but for mine, the real key for the Rorters is the work that JWH, Friend, Aubo and co do.. they give you nothing, they get you on the front foot, and give their spine so much time and opportunity.

I would happily have Jake for a couple of seasons
I have to say i really agree with u on this one, howard.
Friend might not be as quick as he was. But fit.
He will add much needed starch, agression but most importantly experienced direction around our forward pack.
Also a handy little kicking game.
All things we have not had at hooker since des punted ennis.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Is there a link to this rumour ?
I'd only want Friend for 1 year if true. So he might as well retire at the Roosters as a 1 club player.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Is there a link to this rumour ?
I'd only want Friend for 1 year if true. So he might as well retire at the Roosters as a 1 club player.
Nah man was on a 'just rugby leagues' Facebook page. I don't follow the page was just tagged in the post... it is worded like it would be a 1yr deal and that's why I don't believe it

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would he come here for 1 year IF this rumour were true? We're not going to pay overs which we've already demonstrated. A non-starter imo.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds like a signing we'd make. Take the oldie on a big contract while the Roosters wrap up the better youngster on a smaller longterm deal lol.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds like a signing we'd make. Take the oldie on a big contract while the Roosters wrap up the better youngster on a smaller longterm deal lol.
What are you going off to say "it sounds like a signing we'd make." I really don't think it is. You'd hope we'd be targeting players that other clubs want to keep.