National Rorting League

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's not kid ourselves NRL roosters.
Every club has players trying to renegotiate existing contracts because their form improves.
Yet your players are happy to earn peanuts.
You have 22yo lantrell talking up securing his investment portfolio when on paper the roosters are claiming he's on average income. They manage the cap better blah blah blah.
They claim they nurture their juniors better than others yet ive always thought they have the tiniest junior base.
I thought all clubs where going to be owners of the game after the last broadcast rights . Yet most clubs I feel are destined to always be also rans.
The NRL needs a royal commission just like the banks. Every club fan bar 2 fan bases is mislead into a product that's misleading.
What are the odds of me winning at the club pokies. What are the odds of a player winning at the pokies.
There was a time that one city clubs had sucess and I got it and it unfairly made sense. I just don't get this competition now. There's a lot of innuendo on which club runs the NRL. Just hoping someone develops a whistle from within because at the moment things are just too clever and obvious .

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Dave Smith tried to clean it up and make it accountable but he copped the wrath of Murdoch (that other crook) and he all know the media campaign put in against him. Similar to the demonising of the Bulldogs.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cronk was binned for 10 minutes, in that time the Raiders did jack shit. BJ needed to catch and pass for Rapana to score in the corner but decided to take the line on and bombed a certain try. Sezer and Hodgson played poorly for most of the game.
If you look at the replay the call was correct, it shouldn't have been 6 again as the raiders knocked it on before the Roosters had the last touch.
you are correct in what your saying, however, how many hundreds of times have referees let the play continue until it stops, blow the whistle, then review what happened,

last night making the 6 again call so early then changing it was wrong, sutton and cummings dont work well together

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sympathy for the Raiders but kinda happy this happened on the big stage. I've been hoping for something like this to happen. Absolute Embarrassment for the NRL. Hope they lose sponsors because of the inept refereeing ......

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A progression of the times, the constant changing of rules and technology has had a great impact on how the game is now played. The extra refs, the highly sophisticated cameras, the bunker.. etc. needs to be justified and as a result, the mentality of how the officials view the game has shifted dramatically from the simple game we once knew.

Everything is under the microscope and its now a technical sport.
The fabric of rugby league is quickly being worn away - if not already.
The question remain
Why does the refs deliberately make the wrong decisions when it's obvious to millions of viewers ?
Why are they reluctant to go for video refs when there is doubt ?
Why is there so many grey areas in the rules ?
Why does News Ltd, Nine network and the Betting agencies control the game ?
Isn't it obvious ???
Rugby League is DEAD...Rorting League is alive and Kicking :fearscream::fearful: :cry:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make everyone reveal their salary cap right now and without notice
I agree 100%.... only with a new administration.... this administration is a shambles... I mean think about this, the Roosters last year could have kept Mitchell Pearce, even after signing Cronk...... I mean let's get serious this means Cronk and Pearce, could have both played last night and they would still be under the cap! WTF!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh yep that explains it all. Stats penalties four apiece must of been a level playing field. Thumbs up brother
The late Jack Gibson said "Rugby League is a game of ifs". If the ref hadn't called six tackles, if the trainer hadn't been in the way, if the winger hadn't dropped the ball, if the defender hadn't slipped over, if the ball hadn't taken a wicked bounce.

I reckon the refereeing decision that turned the game was sin binning Cronk. The Chooks were on their last legs when he was penalised and binned - but they were forced to lift for that ten minutes, and the Raiders couldn't cross the line against 12 men. That gave the Chooks confidence and new lease of energy. Had the Raiders scored a try following that "controversial" refereeing decision - and there was no guarantee that they would have - we would today be talking about how the Chooks were robbed when the replay clearly showed it wasn't six again.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The late Jack Gibson said "Rugby League is a game of ifs". If the ref hadn't called six tackles, if the trainer hadn't been in the way, if the winger hadn't dropped the ball, if the defender hadn't slipped over, if the ball hadn't taken a wicked bounce.

I reckon the refereeing decision that turned the game was sin binning Cronk. The Chooks were on their last legs when he was penalised and binned - but they were forced to lift for that ten minutes, and the Raiders couldn't cross the line against 12 men. That gave the Chooks confidence and new lease of energy. Had the Raiders scored a try following that "controversial" refereeing decision - and there was no guarantee that they would have - we would today be talking about how the Chooks were robbed when the replay clearly showed it wasn't six again.
funny my step dad just said earlier that the Cronk binning was the game changer. Canberra taking the two played right into the Roosters' hands. Never do what the opposition want you to do. I knew at that moment that the Raiders wouldn't score in that 10.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A progression of the times, the constant changing of rules and technology has had a great impact on how the game is now played. The extra refs, the highly sophisticated cameras, the bunker.. etc. needs to be justified and as a result, the mentality of how the officials view the game has shifted dramatically from the simple game we once knew.

Everything is under the microscope and its now a technical sport.
The fabric of rugby league is quickly being worn away - if not already.
Exactly how i see it.
Its at the point now that a trainer can strategically stop a game for advantage with the assistance of a player milking/acting injured. Thats what its come to.
I cant believe I still watch the sport. If it wasnt for the Dogs being my remaining link to growing up in Sydney, memories of the old man buying my first jersey and taking me to Belmore, id give it away. Footy is simple, NRL has made it barely watchable.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Let’s all just let the Rorters enjoy this because it will be the last title they win for a very very long time.

Also, without Cronk next year, Teddy is going to be far less effective.

Haha.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those of you too young to remember. We had our points stripped from us for salary cap rorts on the eve of the 2002 finals. Our next game was against Canberra in Canberra, and the Raiders fans turned up waving wooden spoons and giving our fans hell. What really stuck in my craw was that, a few years earlier, Canberra won a Grand Final, and were later found to have rorted the salary cap. They were fined and allowed to keep the GF win. I thought we would be given the same opportunity, but the NRL decided we should be made an example of. The Raiders fans were well out of order that day, in the faces of Bulldogs fans who were still getting over the hurt and disappointment of seeing their GF chances disappear. It was nasty, and uncalled for. Hard for me to feel sorry for Raiders fans today.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sucks how the game ended I think if the raiders did get that 6 again call they would have set up for a field goal with 5 to go, the roosters looked tanked I doubt they could have come back.

The worst thing is everyone I spoke to before the game who weren’t roosters fans thought the raiders would get shafted by the refs and this pretty much happened. It reminds me of soccer, I can’t stand watching it when Australia plays because you can say before the game is even played that the ref will screw them over. I gave it another chance when they played Italy in that World Cup years ago and was just reaffirmed that it is a rorted sport, I see a lot of Nrl fans going that way.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
For those of you too young to remember. We had our points stripped from us for salary cap rorts on the eve of the 2002 finals. Our next game was against Canberra in Canberra, and the Raiders fans turned up waving wooden spoons and giving our fans hell. What really stuck in my craw was that, a few years earlier, Canberra won a Grand Final, and were later found to have rorted the salary cap. They were fined and allowed to keep the GF win. I thought we would be given the same opportunity, but the NRL decided we should be made an example of. The Raiders fans were well out of order that day, in the faces of Bulldogs fans who were still getting over the hurt and disappointment of seeing their GF chances disappear. It was nasty, and uncalled for. Hard for me to feel sorry for Raiders fans today.
I only feel sorry for the state the game is in !
I will never forget or forgive their captain Ricky (arshole) Woolford calling for Canterbury to be kicked out of the comp !!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The game is done. Cheating or incompetence has now decided the GF. Full integrity of the sport is irrevocably lost forever. The NRL legacy of destroying a sport.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Funnily it's made me look at what Flanaghan did to win a premiership for Cronulla in a different light.

Not the drug injections or health issues-no, but the flouting of rules, contact with the club and salary cap rorting.

Seriously it seems these sorts of actions are all that's realistically available to compete with Rorters and every coach and club has to resort to some sort of bending of the rules or similar to get a bit of advantage. Games' come to that.

Sad state of affairs.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The reffing standard is only going to get worse next season.

I doubt the NRL will do anything about the trainer six again rule.

It's a joke sport run by Greenturd.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
The question remain
Why does the refs deliberately make the wrong decisions when it's obvious to millions of viewers ?
Why are they reluctant to go for video refs when there is doubt ?
Why is there so many grey areas in the rules ?
Why does News Ltd, Nine network and the Betting agencies control the game ?
Isn't it obvious ???
Rugby League is DEAD...Rorting League is alive and Kicking :fearscream::fearful: :cry:
FTR - I don't believe refs deliberately make the wrong decisions, rather they're now shitting themselves from making any calls. A by-product of technology and cameras.
Are they influenced by parties within the game? Perhaps. But I highly doubt their decisions (or lack thereof) on the field, are deliberate.
After all, refs have been making mistakes since 1908. Except nowadays they need to justify the millions spent on electronic eyes. They've shot themselves in the foot and wont go back as it's an admission of guilt.

The NRL needs a clean out - all the way from the Penthouse down to the shithouse.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly how i see it.
Its at the point now that a trainer can strategically stop a game for advantage with the assistance of a player milking/acting injured. Thats what its come to.
I cant believe I still watch the sport. If it wasnt for the Dogs being my remaining link to growing up in Sydney, memories of the old man buying my first jersey and taking me to Belmore, id give it away. Footy is simple, NRL has made it barely watchable.
SAME HERE MATE, I've been following the club since 1967, love the club its culture its DNA etc, even told Lyn not that long ago that as far as the club goes, "its to death us do part", but as far as the NRL its death can't come quick enough.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can accept an honest human error...but it's not.
How can they justify their mistakes when millions of people see it the right way and they see it the wrong way?

Last edited: