Opinion Pre season training.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It can turn what can already be a scrappy game to unwatchable in my opinion when everyone is tugging at the ball constantly and 1 in 20 times it works and the ball doesn’t hit the ground
That's on the refs for not calling held when they should and letting tackles drag on forever.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's on the refs for not calling held when they should and letting tackles drag on forever.
Yep that’s another thing that annoys me

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Teams like Melbourne, Roosters and Raiders train their asses off in the preseason as do their coach. Manly under Des this year didn’t stop training after the season and went straight into pre season training, they looked and were def more fit than us.. All the teams that are in the top eight spoke of the pre season from hell.. We need that this season or we will finish bottom 8 again..
Sorry but that can’t be true. Players must have at least 8 week break before starting preseason. It’s in their contracts.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Play more trials ffs
I agree and I think they should have two weeks off then back to intense training, play a few games against Reggies up to Xmas, like we all have to do in our jobs.. Have 4 weeks off then back to it getting ready for the Season..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I love the rule, brings more opportunities for quick counter attacks in footy. Also want to see the free play rule brought in after an error, would love to see players just cut loose for a tackle knowing they will get the ball back if they make an error.
Agree, a lot of fullbacks defend in the line... errors comes then fuck it free play chip chase or kick to the corner. With the way decoys are and players committing professional fouls, a free play could well turn into a try or a sin bin and would open the came right up especially for the little halves

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been sitting going through the ins and outs of the past two seasons under Deano. Our boys seemed unfit and a second or so off the pace for the first half of both seasons. We do however look fit and a chance in most games in the second half, and almost unbeatableI in the last quarter. I read that not only did Deano do his apprenticeship under Storm and Raiders but also under Gould back in the Roosters days when he was coaching director and Stuart was coaching.

What are your thoughts on our pre seasons, do you think we train hard enough?
Fucked if I know, I’m pretty sure myself and every other **** here on the kennel has never done a preseason under Deano nor any other coach in the NRL for that matter! Last time I did a preason for the East Campbelltown Eagles my coach Tom Perry told me to give the game away because my knee was fubar and I listened, thats why I’m here giving truthful answers to bullshit questions...

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fucked if I know, I’m pretty sure myself and every other **** here on the kennel has never done a preseason under Deano nor any other coach in the NRL for that matter! Last time I did a preason for the East Campbelltown Eagles my coach Tom Perry told me to give the game away because my knee was fubar and I listened, thats why I’m here giving truthful answers to bullshit questions...
I’m pretty sure East Ctown Eagles pre season is a lot like you.. Soft..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I remember when we had a bad run with injuries people were blaming too many trials and too much fitness training on here, saying we should be concentrating on ball work haha