Finals Week 3 - Other Team Lists and Game Discussion

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Canberra play good footy with great defence but I think that tonight was their GF. Roosters will roll into town and go back to back
Sad but probably true. Maybe in losing to them tomorrow Storm will take out Keary and Tedesco, and Mitchell will cop a one match ban and the enduring love of most NRL fans for headbutting C. Smith right in the honker.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm(Smith) or Roosters(Cronk)will annihilate them... Just can't see enough class in the Raiders team to beat these two teams in the big one...
The top 2 are in a different league to the rest

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
eamfd Souffs!!! don't care much for the Raiders but that is so damn soothing!!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sezer is shit those soft inside balls to a runner are a waist of tackle.

I thought Sezer was good tonight....... in all the areas except for the ones he's employed for... Canberra won't be winning next week if they don't mount pressure... I don't think I can recall them receiving even one drop out tonight

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Raiders will be cheering Storm. Although facing Storm in a GF is scary too, Storm have played the extra game and a harder game vs Roosters the week before, so Raiders will be fresher. If Roosters win vs Storm the GF is a lottery. Also Raiders have the wood on Storm recently

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raiders will be cheering Storm. Although facing Storm in a GF is scary too, Storm have played the extra game and a harder game vs Roosters the week before, so Raiders will be fresher. If Roosters win vs Storm the GF is a lottery. Also Raiders have the wood on Storm recently
100%... they got lucky with the Souths win last week because I reckon Manly would have done them... Raiders can beat Storm, but I can't personally see them matching it with the Roosters

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Raiders defense was rock solid but wasnt really tested by any high ball kick chase.
Kicks are the only way to break some sides.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that South’s premiership window has shut now? Burgess is a shadow of the player he was a few years ago and apart from Murray the rest of the pack is fairly average. The backline is average too and there’s not going to be any improvement there. The elephant in the room is Cook he has been exposed badly in consecutive finals series now and failed to fire. Reynolds and Walker need plenty of help from those around them to look good and I don’t think they are going to get it.

It will be very interesting to see what happens next year. There could be a few teams on the decline.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that South’s premiership window has shut now? Burgess is a shadow of the player he was a few years ago and apart from Murray the rest of the pack is fairly average. The backline is average too and there’s not going to be any improvement there. The elephant in the room is Cook he has been exposed badly in consecutive finals series now and failed to fire. Reynolds and Walker need plenty of help from those around them to look good and I don’t think they are going to get it.

It will be very interesting to see what happens next year. There could be a few teams on the decline.
I was just thinking about that before.. they scraped into the 4 this year on the back of a> experience, and b> a soft competition this year. They might scrape into the bottom of the 8 next year but there is not much for them to look forward to I wouldn't think... Cam Murray is their only shining light

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Storm(Smith) or Roosters(Cronk)will annihilate them... Just can't see enough class in the Raiders team to beat these two teams in the big one...
I agree the class difference is huge but raiders have beaten the storm twice this year and got within 6 points of the roosters twice this year, plus the fact that nobody gives them a hope will put more pressure on whoever they play next week. Hope they beat the scum or the rorters either way

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree. How many times do you need to see a replay when it was perfectly clear that he kicked it on the first.
I've been watching the world cup rugby, and almost as soon as the ball is over the line they cal try. They very rarely go to the video ref!
As for Papali, penalty at best. Burgess' shot on Corker minutes later was worse contact. The only reason papalii is on report is because he smashed him. NRL is losing its identity. They just want to sanitise the game and make mums like it. Fucking joke.
If Adam doesn't get hurt in that tackle I doubt it would of been put on report, they base these calls alot on if the player gets hurt or has to come off. Burgess hit on croker was worse

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Great to see The Pride get beat. Bloody hope the Raiders win the title next Sunday against either of the two arsehole-iest clubs in the comp.
Thought Raiders were very lucky to get that try though where Hodgson knocked the ball out of Douehi's hands, pretty much any time a defender knocks the ball forward while attempting to make a tackle it is called played-at and 6again IMO, regardless of whether they are just wrapping to make the tackle or even looking at where the ball is.
How was Hodgson not taken for HIA after getting steamrolled early? He was clearly staggering- another example of make the rules up as you go.
Funny as fuck watching Burgess try to cover up his headshot on Sezer by pretending he had a shoulder injury- he hung his arm limply until he got off the field of play and was then miraculously good as gold walking to the bench. Fucken cat should get cited and rubbed out for a few games of 2020 for that tackle.
Kloksted sin-binning was probably fair, it was a pretty dumb play in clear view of the ref. Good thing the Raiders held on without him. Reynolds should've been sent for carrying on like a knob and telling the ref what to do. That crap needs to be pissed off out of the game.
If Raiders win next week I can see Ricky Stuart releasing a 4-hour documentary highlighting his own coaching ability- he has a happy knack of pumping up his own tyres that bloke.
Hope these two shitbag teams smash each other into pulp tonight and be cannon-fodder for the Raiders next week.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Say what you will about Gayfl, but they know how to do Grand Final day, both the telecast and at the ground... Can't believe we still have our GF on a Sunday night

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Say what you will about Gayfl, but they know how to do Grand Final day, both the telecast and at the ground... Can't believe we still have our GF on a Sunday night
retracting that... what in the hell is "Tones and I?"