SBW, halfback and 2 explosive backs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
When does SBW start training with us?
Very soon I hope. Let’s hope we get the news we want and that he’s taken the deal An is coming home..!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Would love to see Lewis put on 6-8kgs work on his acceleration in the off season. Could be a very handy lock similar to Wade Graham
Lewis could only dream of throwing passess like Graham. Wade can throw them better than most halves in the game

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lewis could only dream of throwing passess like Graham. Wade can throw them better than most halves in the game
Wade Graham is something special, yet as good as we've seen him play i dont think he has reached his potential.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
SBW will stop us from signing someone like D. Fifita i'd say (unless it was a 1 year deal).
There are 2 Halfbacks available, Croft and Townsend. I don't like talking about players that are still contracted at other clubs past 2021.
If we just wanted to sign strike players Latrell and D. Fifita for me. We're an effort team and need some explosive players. That would eat up almost 2/3's of what we have to spend tho.
I think Cust from Manly is available aswell and was outstanding with limited opportunities

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if Frank Kuresa has been offered a deal?

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And he plays left side second row. Never much lock. No comparison in style at all really.
People think weight will change everything

Wade, at the Panthers & early on in his career at the Sharks was a half predominantly at five eighth & occasionally halfback. He’s predominantly & preferred position is lock .After the ASADA scandal & the employment of a gun sports science/conditioner at the Sharks he put on mass without compromising agility. Defensively good, can ball play & can kick in general play:-why he was chosen a utility for NSW from 2013-2019, he can easily cover the halves & backrow, a role I can see Lewis covering.
Unfortunately, weight is a factor in making a significant difference- the game now is about athleticism:-strength & speed rather than skill. For a player to absorb the constant,rigorous collisions of week in week out NRL a body weight of +95kgs is mandatory

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Has anyone actually watched SBW in union?

He is slower and a lot older in a game without the 10m rule in defense, cant see him ever coming back to the NRL

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams will not lead the bulldogs to a grand final.

Need a prop with the heart and determination of 2002-2004 Mark O'Meley to give room for a decent halfback to work his magic.

I used to be a big fat prop in junior footy, took half the defence just to stop me (hardly ever brought me to the ground).

As soon as the halfback (coaches son) disrespected me, I decided I wasn't needed in the team, did a Sonny Bill Williams and walked out on them halfway through the season.

I bumped into some of my former team mates a few weeks later, they told me they were missing me and hadn't won a game since I bailed!

Well T.S you got all you midget insecure fucks to blame for that!

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone actually watched SBW in union?

He is slower and a lot older in a game without the 10m rule in defense, cant see him ever coming back to the NRL
But but SBW hur dur derp! :/

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
But but SBW hur dur derp! :/
Even when he was at the Bulldogs he wasn't the greatest player likevwe thought?

Just because he is a big guy with fancy flick passes and unnecessary offloads.

He would hardly bust the defence through a player near his own size!
And before you know it he is injured for 3 quaters of a season and wanting 1.5 mill a year for it!

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Even when he was at the Bulldogs he wasn't the greatest player likevwe thought?

Just because he is a big guy with fancy flick passes and unnecessary offloads.

He would hardly bust the defence through a player near his own size!
And before you know it he is injured for 3 quaters of a season and wanting 1.5 mill a year for it!
He busted the line for us in 2004-2006 a hell of a lot and the Roosters GF win he set up two tries but he is cooked now.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He busted the line for us in 2004-2006 a hell of a lot and the Roosters GF win he set up two tries but he is cooked now.
Just watched a replay of 2004 games last night, oh to have someone of that calibre in our team again.

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Just watched a replay of 2004 games last night, oh to have someone of that calibre in our team again.
Couple of game highligts from 2006 on Instagram and he was dominating everyone, we had such a great team back then people are remembering players like SBW being average while today Lewis kicks the balls standing sideways with a 4 man overlap and its praised.