Other News Source Matterson could be leaving Tigers as rivals circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
On a side note. Go for him. Gun player. Lock him up on a solid deal and fuck off elliott in 2021

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
They r signing everyone atm working the cap again
The eels have recruited well recently and I doubt they are that stupid to rort the cap again. I bet Mannah would be on huge money as a captain. With Manu leaving it makes sense they used the funds to sign RCG and Matterson.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who signs him will get a great deal for 500k or so. He's an Origin calibre player. Parra always made the most sense to me but it's a shame that we couldn't have signed him.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The eels have recruited well recently and I doubt they are that stupid to rort the cap again. I bet Mannah would be on huge money as a captain. With Manu leaving it makes sense they used the funds to sign RCG and Matterson.
Agree they are also under a administrator that the government appointed too , doubt Donnelly would be cheating the cap

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A player having a sook because he wants more money and not turning up to training with his mates is concerning.
I know his dad and uncles and have nothing against him but he signed the contract and what’s stopping him from walking out on us too? We have been shit on enough by greedy players like Barba, SBW & Klemmer

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could be a perfect fit at penrith, plays right edge, they need a right edge to be powerful across the board

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
A player having a sook because he wants more money and not turning up to training with his mates is concerning.
I know his dad and uncles and have nothing against him but he signed the contract and what’s stopping him from walking out on us too? We have been shit on enough by greedy players like Barba, SBW & Klemmer
Apparently he had a fallout with his last coach as well,serial sook

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why doesn't the NRL and Clubs introduce a clause that if a player wants to break a contract that is not on mutual terms then he must pay the club a get out clause, a percentage of his contract? If it is mutual then no need for it.
In this case with Matterson I think 25% he would have to pay the Tiger's which amounts to approx $90K if it is true that he is on $350,000. I would go as far as saying for every year left on his contract. Now a quarter of a players salary each year is a fair bit of money but there has to be a deterrent. It would make them stick out their contracts.

On the flip side, the same if the club wants to break players contracts the player should also be compensated with again I think no less than 25% per year which would come off their salary cap. If the money isn't there then simply they can't get rid of the player. Again a deterrent for the club to do so.

It's all about stability and to stop this uncertainty with players and clubs moving around playing musical chairs which the fans are sick of.

As for player managers who I think are part of the problem. If their player wants to break a contract there should be a 'break out clause' paid by the manager to the NRL. I'd say 2.5% of the players salary. In this case approx $9k one off fee which goes into a fund for Junior Rugby League. Again, another deterrent for player managers to shop their players around mid contract.

At the moment there are no deterrents for players, clubs and player managers to stop any of this from continually happening. As a fan it is a part of our game we need to get rid of.

Last edited:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Frizzell is available I wonder how much he would be

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He is? Where you see that
The mole reported it this morning mate

The incoming Dragons manager of football faces a tough first-up task - healing the rift between star forward Tyson Frizell and the struggling club.

Phil Gould is favourite to take on the role after helping the Dragons conduct their end-of-season review after yet another under-performing season by the Big Red V.

The club quashed rumours that Frizell, their most dynamic forward, wanted out of the club mid-season.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that Frizell is intensifying his bid to get out of the final year of his contract in 2020.

The Blues State of Origin forward believes a new club will take his game to the next level and he is also upset about the way in which the Dragons handled the Jack de Belin sexual assault case.

Dragons officials are trying to smooth the waters - but it may prove too difficult a task.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mole reported it this morning mate

The incoming Dragons manager of football faces a tough first-up task - healing the rift between star forward Tyson Frizell and the struggling club.

Phil Gould is favourite to take on the role after helping the Dragons conduct their end-of-season review after yet another under-performing season by the Big Red V.

The club quashed rumours that Frizell, their most dynamic forward, wanted out of the club mid-season.

But Wide World of Sports has learned that Frizell is intensifying his bid to get out of the final year of his contract in 2020.

The Blues State of Origin forward believes a new club will take his game to the next level and he is also upset about the way in which the Dragons handled the Jack de Belin sexual assault case.

Dragons officials are trying to smooth the waters - but it may prove too difficult a task.

Watch Frizell go to the Roosters

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thats what's its gonna take to lure them to Belmore :p
Hahaha that’s right but only 610k for powerhouses like the tigers and dragons :grinning:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Imagine being on 350k busting your gut over 80 of Nrl, win a man of the match award. Next day turn on the TV to watch a Cup game and see Packer, Reynolds and Matalino running around on 700k each
Suck it up. Matterson is a little bitch if this is all true

Status
Not open for further replies.