PERMISSION SOUGHT

Buy the 65" TCL at $930 less 20%?

• 1. Permission granted, you don't need to be embarrassed

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • 2. Application rejected, buy a proper tv ya mug, you only live once

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 3. Application rejected, other please specify......

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Aren’t they all made with the same bits, I thought there was only a handful of panel makers
I have an 11 year old Samsung 3D led lcd and it’s still great

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly don't think they are a bad tv, its more that I'm worried if I have visitors and they see a TCL tv they could look at me in disgust.

Sort of like wearing Kmart clothes? Sure they do the job but it's a status thing. Would you wear a cheap watch?
If that’s your worry then you need a new circle of people to have as visitors or you need revaluate your self as status isn’t everything in life...

If something can do the job and gives value then it’s the better choice, I didnt go buying a set of snapon 3/8 sockets that’s 400$ for only 10 sockets when Iv bought gearwrench sets that offer more in terms of value and functionality and very similar in quality for much better pricing...

I really find the way you think is sad, I try to live my life very minimal and simple not wanting to flash my stuff around. I do have expensive and nicer quality stuff but it’s all minimal and in a way that doesn’t bring attention to peoples eyes too much

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Speaking of tv.
My sister purchased this massive Samsung which takes up the whole wall in our lounge room!

It sucks, 20 years ago I would of been thrilled about it.
I won’t deny, it was cool to watch the first two terminators and get to see all the extra stuff you wouldn’t of noticed on an 80’s-90’s analog tv.

My biggest pet peeve with watching old school movies on a modern big screen tv is you can see how fake it is!

In the analog days, movies seemed more real as the technology wasn’t as clean and crisp as it is today.
Therefore it made it easier to film movies a certain way and disguise that it was produced on a Hollywood set!
I've noticed that too. Even simple things like seeing someone fall off a balcony and noticeably land on a cushion covered in dust can make an otherwise good movie feel a little less convincing.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I honestly don't think they are a bad tv, its more that I'm worried if I have visitors and they see a TCL tv they could look at me in disgust.
If you invite a Jehovah's witness or someone looking for charity donations into your home they shouldn't be classed as visitors.

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Little doubt that Samsung is the best quality TV available, but at a cost.
Hisense is an excellent TV. They are made by the Sharp Company and are excellent quality.
Samsung is garbage, they are not what they used to be, quality wise...
I had 5 (65") Samsung's die and replaced within a couple months of ownership
Dead pixels
Main board
Wifi dongle
And my current tv suffers vertical banding straight out of the box. Samsung dont want to acknowledge..

I would gladly fuck off Samsung

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There seems to be two types of posters on here.

The first type obviously own a TCL tv and say I'm a special case and that the thread is ridiculous. Obviously they are scorned by some violent reaction to their TCL tv by their visitors.

The second type is someone who owns a top shelf tv trying to empathise and assess objectively my honest question. Thankyou for trying to visualise a TCL in your house and consider the backlash (if any)

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

The first type obviously own a TCL tv and say I'm a special case and that the thread is ridiculous. Obviously they are scorned by some violent reaction to their TCL tv by their visitors.

The second type is someone who owns a top shelf tv trying to empathise and assess objectively my honest question. Thankyou for trying to visualise a TCL in your house and consider the backlash (if any)
You've obviously missed the third type of poster on here. The type that has struggled for acceptance all their life who puts the ostracism down to people judging them based on the quality of their possessions rather than character flaws.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Lmao wow... I don’t think people care if I or others own a TCL tv or not

Iv spent my money wisely on a TV while iv splurged on a really good work station PC Iv built and a production quality monitor that looks better than any big brand overpriced tv you’ll buy as my work and studies are more Important than what people think of a tv lmao

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If that’s your worry then you need a new circle of people to have as visitors or you need revaluate your self as status isn’t everything in life...

If something can do the job and gives value then it’s the better choice, I didnt go buying a set of snapon 3/8 sockets that’s 400$ for only 10 sockets when Iv bought gearwrench sets that offer more in terms of value and functionality and very similar in quality for much better pricing...

I really find the way you think is sad, I try to live my life very minimal and simple not wanting to flash my stuff around. I do have expensive and nicer quality stuff but it’s all minimal and in a way that doesn’t bring attention to peoples eyes too much
As empty as I often feel, I know material possessions and living to impress phonies won’t make me feel any better!

I remember one while working at the star, a carload of hectics drives passed and one in the backseat passenger side is hanging out the window, we made eye contact and he yells out “I’m going to have a 100k slap”.

Probably did in hopes a girl would hear so he could impress her?
Yep because nothing makes a woman wetter than a dumb loser who carelessly throws drug money away!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As empty as I often feel, I know material possessions and living to impress phonies won’t make me feel any better!

I remember one while working at the star, a carload of hectics drives passed and one in the backseat passenger side is hanging out the window, we made eye contact and he yells out “I’m going to have a 100k slap”.

Probably did in hopes a girl would hear so he could impress her?
Yep because nothing makes a woman wetter than a dumb loser who carelessly throws drug money away!
Its like the young wogs/lebos who think driving past in their financed or daddy bought me this fancy european thing that I know nothing about or how to maintain cars making them crack and pop or destroying their cats with all the unnecessary hard shifts is going to make girls flock to their cars lmao

Such a sad place we live in at the moment with all this show offy behavior...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Iv spent my money wisely on a TV while iv splurged on a really good work station PC Iv built and a production quality monitor that looks better than any big brand overpriced tv you’ll buy as my work and studies are more Important than what people think of a tv lmao
No they defenitely do, I read online that girls usually fake orgasms if a guy owns a TCL.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No they defenitely do, I read online that girls usually fake orgasms if a guy owns a TCL.
Oh fuck, all them o-faces I've been causing have been fake then!

Darn you TCL!!!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

I own a Sony TV and think you're a few cues short of a rack and more than likely on the spectrum. So your point is moot

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Its like the young wogs/lebos who think driving past in their financed or daddy bought me this fancy european thing that I know nothing about or how to maintain cars making them crack and pop or destroying their cats with all the unnecessary hard shifts is going to make girls flock to their cars lmao

Such a sad place we live in at the moment with all this show offy behavior...
I can’t stand people who big note themselves.
Go talk to yourselves all day in a mirror you narcissistic pricks!

Although being as tall as I am, wearing a 3 piece suit and storming through crowds does make the herd part out of my way faster.

Most people are stupid, they see a guy wearing a suit and tie and automatically assume he is someone greater than they are?

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t stand people who big note themselves.
Go talk to yourselves all day in a mirror you narcissistic pricks!

Although being as tall as I am, wearing a 3 piece suit and storming through crowds does make the herd part out of my way faster.

Most people are stupid, they see a guy wearing a suit and tie and automatically assume he is someone greater than they are?
Yeah lol, people are def stupid as fuck these days. There is too much showing off and trying to be better than others popping up everywhere, for me I believe most people are equal and have the same chance to achieve success but its about hard work and keeping to yourself.

I'm not into the whole suit crap, I'm not a boring office or corporate worker as I'm an industry worker (mechanical engineer) so you'll find me in work clothes if I'm down on the floor or in regular clothing if I'm up in my office designing or doing some analysis stuff.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can you clear up your messy post? Do you own a TCL or what?

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I could get a TCL 65 inch 4k for $500-600 it would be worth the risk. If I'm having visitors over I could always before they arrive put it in the spare room and pull out the LG. Or maybe just throw a rug over it so noone sees it.