PERMISSION SOUGHT

Buy the 65" TCL at $930 less 20%?

• 1. Permission granted, you don't need to be embarrassed

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • 2. Application rejected, buy a proper tv ya mug, you only live once

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 3. Application rejected, other please specify......

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pretty vocal on what constitutes a good tv and a cheap scumbag of a tv. I would also be the leading authority on the kennel for what constitutes a decent tv (amongst other topics) But on this occassion I seek permission from this group as I've been very vocal and wish to maybe try something different

I don't need a new tv but I'm a sucker for a bargain. Binglee has 20% off sale on ebay, they have TCL 65 inch tv for $930 before taking 20% off. I've always said TCL is no good so I seek permission to buy. Please vote below based on your own thoughts of TCL and my comments below

1. Would I be embarrassed if I had guests over and they saw my TCL tv?

2. Would I mistaken for a renter or a bum

3. Would the viewing quality diminish from a LG or Samsung TV

4. Would it fall apart in a few months?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since flatscreens, I've only ever purchased Samsung.
Though I have a 55" that I rarely, if ever watch; always on the laptop screen.

To me they have been best .. If you view your purchase/outlay as a 5 year investment in viewing and you watch the screen every day, divide the cost by ~1,825 and you get your per day rate. Stripping it back to daily cost, I think you'll appreciate the higher end screens are worth it! Especially if you watch a lot/day!

my two sense

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I've been pretty vocal on what constitutes a good tv and a cheap scumbag of a tv. I would also be the leading authority on the kennel for what constitutes a decent tv (amongst other topics) But on this occassion I seek permission from this group as I've been very vocal and wish to maybe try something different

I don't need a new tv but I'm a sucker for a bargain. Binglee has 20% off sale on ebay, they have TCL 65 inch tv for $930 before taking 20% off. I've always said TCL is no good so I seek permission to buy. Please vote below based on your own thoughts of TCL and my comments below

Oh FFS.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it fit in the Camry???

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't wall mount TV because living in a rental apartment......... ultimate embarrassment

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

you can buy a Sony or LG badge and blutac it on or just take a texta from work (at the same time as you take the blutac) and write over the TLC badge instead..ya cheapskate

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guests? I'm sure your carers don't mind what tv you have,their only concern is your using your safety scissors correctly and try to get you to hold your crayons correctly not with a close fist

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
How do you ever aspire to be rich if you keep spending money on things you don’t need all in the name of a bargain?

I would of hated to see you in Kmart 30 years ago!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How do you ever aspire to be rich if you keep spending money on things you don’t need all in the name of a bargain?

I would of hated to see you in Kmart 30 years ago!
30 years ago? I'm not his dad had conceived him by then.

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
I bought a TCL 65'' Qled smart tv 6 months ago for $1.895. At least $1,000 cheaper than any big name Qled and it has been brilliant.Easy navigation, voice controllable and excellent picture. Totally recommend TCL. It has 3 year warranty versus 1 year with the big brands.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
30 years ago? I'm not his dad had conceived him by then.
I’m not sure about that?

He once talked up the old Nokia phones which used to run on the analog grid!

You have to be old to member those phones now?
Btw @Blue_boost have you heard?
Nokia are making a comeback.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of tv.
My sister purchased this massive Samsung which takes up the whole wall in our lounge room!

It sucks, 20 years ago I would of been thrilled about it.
I won’t deny, it was cool to watch the first two terminators and get to see all the extra stuff you wouldn’t of noticed on an 80’s-90’s analog tv.

My biggest pet peeve with watching old school movies on a modern big screen tv is you can see how fake it is!

In the analog days, movies seemed more real as the technology wasn’t as clean and crisp as it is today.
Therefore it made it easier to film movies a certain way and disguise that it was produced on a Hollywood set!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far the vote isnt looking good for the TCL

Is it easier to ask for forgiveness than permission?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG where possible, even if its second hand on Gumtree

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
you can buy a Sony or LG badge and blutac it on or just take a texta from work (at the same time as you take the blutac) and write over the TLC badge instead..ya cheapskate
You can even customise it to say "Blue_boost bravia" or better yet get a camry badge and super glue it to the TV, then you'll have the best of both worlds

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Little doubt that Samsung is the best quality TV available, but at a cost.
Hisense is an excellent TV. They are made by the Sharp Company and are excellent quality.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
TCL isn’t bad at all, they are the 3rd worlds largest tv manufacture going off decent figures I saw

I have a 55inch 4K led tv from them and no complaints at all with it

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TCL isn’t bad at all, they are the 3rd worlds largest tv manufacture going off decent figures I saw

I have a 55inch 4K led tv from them and no complaints at all with it
I honestly don't think they are a bad tv, its more that I'm worried if I have visitors and they see a TCL tv they could look at me in disgust.

Sort of like wearing Kmart clothes? Sure they do the job but it's a status thing. Would you wear a cheap watch?

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I honestly don't think they are a bad tv, its more that I'm worried if I have visitors and they see a TCL tv they could look at me in disgust.

Sort of like wearing Kmart clothes? Sure they do the job but it's a status thing. Would you wear a cheap watch?
You've outdone yourself yet again in the terrible threads department. Well done, you get a gold star.

There are literally so many things to concern yourself with and talk about and you're worried about how your "friends" will react when they see that your TV is a TCL.

@south of heaven is right, you are a very special case indeed

Last edited: