Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who is Sione Katoa Offfially?:sob:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
By the looks of it, Bellamy is slowly moulding Brandon Smith into a forward/lock type player.

Brandon has beefed up a bit this year and it looks it wont stop.

Dont know if he is doing this to keep the both of Grant and Smith, but it seems that he wants both of them in the team.

NRL 360 last night mentioned that Grant is happy to wait for C.Smith to retire and then take the reigns over. B.Smith said the same thing last year from memory?
That’s my point. They both want hooker role: more $ obviously then a forward for b Smith. Need to go hard at both and offer either the 9 with enough $ to force their hand.

I have no problem with bigger $ at b Smith for a few years at 9.

Grant a large rookie contract for a couple years would likely outdo the storm too.

Win win either way

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was hoping this wasn’t true, but now it’s official, I’ll wait to see how he performs at the Bulldogs before calling him crap. Hopefully he puts in the effort to improve over the offseason.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He comes with a bad wrap but I'm not entirely sure why, I haven't watched him enough.

Could someone with a half a brain please explain why without just saying he is shit?

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Notice how they use the word depth a couple of times and compliment? He’s a reserve grade signing on the cheap before people get their knickers in a knot
Like for like replacement for Nu brown

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im happy with this signing. JMK is just as good as any hooker on the market at the moment and is improving every game. Another full off season to develop a running game he will be a great hooker

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good depth signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We needed another Hooker. As long as this isn't our Hooker pairing in 2021 (Hello Harry Grant) I'm happy with this signing.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've seen, reggies hooker. Of course, if he comes out next year and smashes it and gets the first grade gig, good on him.

One of the biggest pluses is that it means we won't be signing Levi :laughing::laughing::laughing:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Katoa would be on smallish money and there's room in the 30 for three dummy halves, so I'm still hoping we sign a high quality dummy half. Katoa and JMK can both play other positions anyway so add some depth and versatility.

I agree JMK has improved a lot and defends well but his passing is still pretty ordinary IMO. Too slow to clear the ruck too often (not as slow as Lichaa though - no-one is). JMK has improved his running game but needs to look for support when he gets clear. Gutsy player but passing and looking for support aren't just dummy half skills which is the worry for me, but he could improve more. I'd prefer him to be our backup dummy half, maybe bench utility, with Katoa there only if we get desperate.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He comes with a bad wrap but I'm not entirely sure why, I haven't watched him enough.

Could someone with a half a brain please explain why without just saying he is shit?
Very sloppy service, poor decision making and good for a crucial error with and without the ball. Appears to be a selfish player at times but I guess that relates back to decision making. Panther fans are as happy if not happier to see the back of him as we're to see the back of Lichaa.

Either way i just don't see the point in this signing unless he makes big improvements. He isn't competent enough to do a job if required at firstgrade while it feels like a waste to play him in reserves when we could be developing some of the Flegg boys. Yh we needed another hooker but fuck me I'd rather play Elliott there based on his stint against the Broncos lol.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I think your out of luck there mate.
The trouble here on the kennel is that people cant Express their opinions as just that. They are convinced that they know best and what they think is right, and they definitely know more then anyone involved with our club in the capacity of coaching or recruiting.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I wish they could try to express their opinions as just opinions and not FACT!!!

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This signing is clearly to cover the waterboys and ball boys incase they go down ....

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Very sloppy service, poor decision making and good for a crucial error with and without the ball. Appears to be a selfish player at times but I guess that relates back to decision making. Panther fans are as happy if not happier to see the back of him as we're to see the back of Lichaa.

Either way i just don't see the point in this signing unless he makes big improvements. He isn't competent enough to do a job if required at firstgrade while it feels like a waste to play him in reserves when we could be developing some of the Flegg boys. Yh we needed another hooker but fuck me I'd rather play Elliott there based on his stint against the Broncos lol.
You must not watch footy enough, way off the mark!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You must not watch footy enough, way off the mark!
I watch more footy than I should, the bloke has been awful. Like I said, Panthers fans are as happy to see him go as we're to see Lichaa go. I'd trust that and my eyes over typical Kennel hype lol.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
People probably saw him do one dumb play and automatically class him as a shit ****