new Knights logo

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate the Knights, but I always thought they had a really nice logo.... this thing, this is fucked.... The original wordmark was a beautiful piece of typography... and this.... dull as hell...

knights.jpg

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just had to google the old one which is much better. I've never really judged their old logo, but it's actually pretty intelligently designed. No idea why they're switching to a cheap looking design when they probably have one of the most artistic ones left in the comp.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thought this was going to be a gee up thread with a photo of a few of the Newcastle boys trading powdery goods from the back of their Toyota corollas.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just had to google the old one which is much better. I've never really judged their old logo, but it's actually pretty intelligently designed. No idea why they're switching to a cheap looking design when they probably have one of the most artistic ones left in the comp.
It's a sad state of affairs.. I go to Newcastle quite a bit so I'm always passing their logo in Broadmeadow.. it was right on the mark, the look, the feel, everything.. now it just looks corporate... I mean I'm not against the minimalist trend, but it's rugby league ffs, needs character

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's a sad state of affairs.. I go to Newcastle quite a bit so I'm always passing their logo in Broadmeadow.. it was right on the mark, the look, the feel, everything.. now it just looks corporate... I mean I'm not against the minimalist trend, but it's rugby league ffs, needs character
It's the sad way our game is going brother. They are moving to American type logos - 2-3 colours and 2d graphics - as opposed to the traditional crest and animals we used to use around here.

Look at the most recent entrants to the comp still in it today - Knights, Warriors, Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Raiders, Titans... they are mascots you associate with American sports teams, not ours.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just hate the knights lol.. Logo or not!!

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's the sad way our game is going brother. They are moving to American type logos - 2-3 colours and 2d graphics - as opposed to the traditional crest and animals we used to use around here.

Look at the most recent entrants to the comp still in it today - Knights, Warriors, Broncos, Cowboys, Storm, Raiders, Titans... they are mascots you associate with American sports teams, not ours.
Every logo across every industry is moving to simplify their logo, not just NRL.

But agree with the americanisation generally, fuck that shit

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Every logo across every industry is moving to simplify their logo, not just NRL.

But agree with the americanisation generally, fuck that shit
Credit must go to us and Parramatta for keeping things as traditional as possible.

Also some teams like in the AFL like S. Kilda, Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood.

Even the Richmond Tigers had a bloody good logo before they changed it... it used to remind me of the Balmain Tigers logo!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Credit must go to us and Parramatta for keeping things as traditional as possible.

Also some teams like in the AFL like S. Kilda, Melbourne, Carlton and Collingwood.

Even the Richmond Tigers had a bloody good logo before they changed it... it used to remind me of the Balmain Tigers logo!

Yeah that's dope.. I like the Sea Eagles logo also.. even the Roosters logo is nice... Knights can make all the changes they like but they can't hide from their shitness!! they got rid of the only good thing about the club

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be happy if we reverted to our Berries logo.
Simple, timeless and classic.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Chloe told the club the old logo had to go.......

An upturned silver bucket full of dogshit would more aptly represent the current Knights I'd reckon, should've gone with that.