Diagonsis of early 2019's disease.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They need to be fitter come round 1. Can't afford to be off the pace again like previous 2 years. Another trial would help.
I think this is a major point and also grooming the 17 who finished the year so strongly with the inclusion of Stimson and Britt etc. as who we intend to start and play the first 5 rounds with in 2020.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't use St.George as an example of how to start a season when you consider how they finished it.
Yes we need to keep our finishes, but start more like them. Main point is I think a relatively full strength trial would help us build into the season better.

axeman23

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We didn’t look fit at the start of the season.and it took us about a month to catch up to other sides.
You need two trial matches to get some fitness before the season starts.
I’d also like to see Reimis add a couple of kilos of muscle in the off season ditto Meaney and Lewis.
Burgess boys might slink back to England if Lewis puts on a few kilos of muscle... :laughing:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 trials and 6 warm up games...LOL, yeh no worries so they can run out of steam come round 18 of the regular season. That's just dumb, lucky you're not the coach.

2 solid trial games with our top 17 playing more than just 40 minutes per half is plenty and treat the games like a proper NRL game.
At 20 to 24 years of age, yeah lots more trials then two poke alongs.
If i was coach they would of been fit start of last two seasons.
But not u city boys your too soft i guess.
Where not fit till round 18. Open your eyes.
Cause what where doing is working. Ok deano.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4 trials and 6 warm up games...LOL, yeh no worries so they can run out of steam come round 18 of the regular season. That's just dumb, lucky you're not the coach.

2 solid trial games with our top 17 playing more than just 40 minutes per half is plenty and treat the games like a proper NRL game.
Oh i see what u tried to do instead of using your common sense. Fuckhead.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh i see what u tried to do instead of using your common sense. Fuckhead.
It’s clear from your posts that you have some issues that you need help with. If you can’t have a decent human dialogue with someone without the abuse then maybe the bush suits you well with all the animals.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At 20 to 24 years of age, yeah lots more trials then two poke alongs.
If i was coach they would of been fit start of last two seasons.
But not u city boys your too soft i guess.
Where not fit till round 18. Open your eyes.
Cause what where doing is working. Ok deano.
Well you’re not the coach so suck it up!
You should change your name to Twisted18 instead.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lewis couldnt handle the pressure of start of season just like lichaa we didnt learn cause the same thing will happen next season

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
3 years in a row of too little, too late.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our poor starts, in my opinion was due to a soft pre season two years in a row.. We looked unfit and off the pace in the first half of the season..

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The second half of the year they played like it was life or death, true commitment, its hard to instill that, hope its there next year, for everyone.

Banned
Reaction score
Players need to walk into the first day of training, to find a copy of their contract pinned to their locker and a post-it note on it reminding them what they're training/playing for.
No more late season, save my non contracted arse hail Mary runs.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Players need to walk into the first day of training, to find a copy of their contract pinned to their locker and a post-it note on it reminding them what they're training/playing for.
No more late season, save my non contracted arse hail Mary runs.
I like ya thinkin'