Other News Source Bulldogs land big outside back

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yh because we put 30 on the Broncos so now some people think everything's good lol. I'd personally only go after Joey because he's individually brilliant and has the ability to bring others into the game while playing in a position we're clearly lacking in. Oates on the other hand isn't at all required, we're reasonably solid on the wing for now and don't really need to make such a large investment there.
The one big thing that everyone is forgetting, is that these are all just rumours ffs.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
oates is worth a go but not on the 500k he reportedly wants, needs the players inside of him to get him the ball otherwise hes ineffective, very good at bringing the ball back on 2nd play often making very good meters

i would sign him hes experience and combination with dwz on a kick return play 1 and 2 would be dynamite

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
oates is worth a go but not on the 500k he reportedly wants, needs the players inside of him to get him the ball otherwise hes ineffective, very good at bringing the ball back on 2nd play often making very good meters

i would sign him hes experience and combination with dwz on a kick return play 1 and 2 would be dynamite
500k's a great price for Oates. I don't even think we'd get him for that. It was also reported he rejected a bid from us last year as he wanted 700k.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fox sports is reporting the broncos want to target val holmes to return next year. Lol tabloid news at it all day!!!
But maybe there is some substance to Oates leaving them......

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fox sports is reporting the broncos want to target val holmes to return next year. Lol tabloid news at it all day!!!
But maybe there is some substance to Oates leaving them......
I can see them having mass changes after their review

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I agree, wait in the paddock and see who they get rid of and pounce. We may get someone we need on the cheap.
Exactly mate. We are doing to other clubs what they did to us when we had to pay portions of ex-players salaries

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what can the broncos do if the players they 'tap on the shoulder' decide they'd rather stay in Brisbane and have their contract paid out?

I mean besides tell players they can look elsewhere there's not really anything they can do as far as I'm aware.. or have I missed something?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So what can the broncos do if the players they 'tap on the shoulder' decide they'd rather stay in Brisbane and have their contract paid out?

I mean besides tell players they can look elsewhere there's not really anything they can do as far as I'm aware.. or have I missed something?
They can dig their heals in but may not be playing first grade. It’s not great for their career or the club so usually an agreement is reached

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hope the players do exactly that. We copped it with Eastwood and co. Though their contracts would be paid with that behind the scenes mob broncos have for top ups that probz aren’t guaranteed so could get shafted.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I can see them having mass changes after their review
If they want to compete for the title they pretty much need a whole new spine, unless Milford loses weight and gets fit to play 1.

Milfords best games he has played was at 1 for the Raiders, though as mentioned he needs to lose the flab and get fit.

A minimum of 3 positions in their spine required so they have to cut a few big names.

I cant see them re-signing Oates, unless Oates takes "bare minimum for the love of the broncos" and i doubt they can re-sign Fifita unless they dont want spine players

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If they want to compete for the title they pretty much need a whole new spine, unless Milford loses weight and gets fit to play 1.

Milfords best games he has played was at 1 for the Raiders, though as mentioned he needs to lose the flab and get fit.

A minimum of 3 positions in their spine required so they have to cut a few big names.

I cant see them re-signing Oates, unless Oates takes "bare minimum for the love of the broncos" and i doubt they can re-sign Fifita unless they dont want spine players
Yeh I can’t see how especially retaining tpj (roosters offered a reporter 800k a year)

lodge (warriors offered Reported 800k a year fjck knows why)

Haas on 500k (bargain)

Turpin was meant to have a few hundred k upgrade

Along with milf, bird, Boyd, Gillett on mega bucks.

Ofahengaue, Glenn, McCullough are in good coin.

Oates wants an upgrade

Fifita will be a 700-800k upgrade.

Staggs surely wants a pay upgrade too.

They are fucked.

Boyd won’t walk for nothing he’s owed good money and won’t get it same as McCullough. Doubt they could get another gig on a third of their current pay.

Even if bird fucks off that’s not going to cover Fifita forget Holmes.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh I can’t see how especially retaining tpj (roosters offered a reporter 800k a year)

lodge (warriors offered Reported 800k a year fjck knows why)

Haas on 500k (bargain)

Turpin was meant to have a few hundred k upgrade

Along with milf, bird, Boyd, Gillett on mega bucks.

Ofahengaue, Glenn, McCullough are in good coin.

Oates wants an upgrade

Fifita will be a 700-800k upgrade.

Staggs surely wants a pay upgrade too.

They are fucked.

Boyd won’t walk for nothing he’s owed good money and won’t get it same as McCullough. Doubt they could get another gig on a third of their current pay.

Even if bird fucks off that’s not going to cover Fifita forget Holmes.
Wouldn't be surprised if TPJ is suddenly available.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Get the players to play the pokies the night before a finals game and try to find a way to sack them...oh wait

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Get the players to play the pokies the night before a finals game and try to find a way to sack them...oh wait
It was all a cunning ploy to top up their money. Didn't you hear that they each won $30k on the pokies.

Status
Not open for further replies.