Not open for further replies.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We should of went for waqa Blake ffs
he isnt being as physically dominant tbh despite the dominance of Parra, hes talented but so awkward at the same time

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
he isnt being as physically dominant tbh despite the dominance of Parra, hes talented but so awkward at the same time
Liked him at panthers. Rate him. He’s good. Agree he’s always been unorthodox though he is big fast and strong. Both attack and defensive is solid and has passing, kicking pretty well too. Gus said he had played a bit of half growing up so he has a good shortnkicking game that’s notnused as much as it should be.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Liked him at panthers. Rate him. He’s good. Agree he’s always been unorthodox though he is big fast and strong. Both attack and defensive is solid and has passing, kicking pretty well too. Gus said he had played a bit of half growing up so he has a good shortnkicking game that’s notnused as much as it should be.
My friend that supports the Panthers was/is more upset with Blake leaving then DWZ. We all rate DWZ so highly, so something to think about. Watching Panthers last year Kikau and Blake were the biggest 2 strike weapons.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Sutton’s on nothing these days like Gallen just been taking low deals for the loyalty to club on 1 year deals.

Don’t forget cook would be on a big deal. Reynolds, sburgess, gagai, walker etc.

Added Roberts mid year who wouldn’t be on peanuts. I don’t think Inglis money is there for latrell.

My view anyway.[/QUOTE]
I wrote earlier Walker has been told to explore his options they won’t be giving him a big contract. George Burgess was on decent coin also on his way out. S Burgess, Cook and Gagai all under contract anyway before Inglis money was available so not going to get upgraded. I’d be really surprised if they don’t make a solid play for him Latrell.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sutton’s on nothing these days like Gallen just been taking low deals for the loyalty to club on 1 year deals.

Don’t forget cook would be on a big deal. Reynolds, sburgess, gagai, walker etc.

Added Roberts mid year who wouldn’t be on peanuts. I don’t think Inglis money is there for latrell.

My view anyway.
I wrote earlier Walker has been told to explore his options they won’t be giving him a big contract. George Burgess was on decent coin also on his way out. S Burgess, Cook and Gagai all under contract anyway before Inglis money was available so not going to get upgraded. I’d be really surprised if they don’t make a solid play for him Latrell.[/QUOTE]

They already gave walker a big contract...

Apparently Being told to explore options doesn’t mean he goes.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Their current clubs would of liked to of done it already. There is a reason why they're waiting... until they're resigned they're options/targets. Literally no reason for them to sign a contract with the Roosters as they know they have big $ contracts (and maybe even stupid amounts) coming their way from other clubs that Roosters won't match. They've let their contracts run down to 1 month before other clubs can negotiate, they might as well see what offers they get, even if it's a 100k upgrade (or more then they wanted) from the Roosters to stay.
I think you said it all above “stupid amounts” that’s what it would take to get Latrell and it’s not worth it. I think they have offers ready to go but roosters players are in the middle of a potential back to back campaign they will sort it out shortly after.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully the Kotoni Staggs lovers on here are watching the game today, fuck me the missed tackles and misreads in defence are disgraceful!

If it was Montoya, he’d be getting crucified..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wrote earlier Walker has been told to explore his options they won’t be giving him a big contract. George Burgess was on decent coin also on his way out. S Burgess, Cook and Gagai all under contract anyway before Inglis money was available so not going to get upgraded. I’d be really surprised if they don’t make a solid play for him Latrell.

Apparently Being told to explore options doesn’t mean he goes.[/QUOTE]
They’ll let go walker in a heart beat if it means they can get Latrell and if he really is on a big contract like you say that’s more money they have available to make Latrell a strong offer.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think you said it all above “stupid amounts” that’s what it would take to get Latrell and it’s not worth it. I think they have offers ready to go but roosters players are in the middle of a potential back to back campaign they will sort it out shortly after.
Would you rather Leilua for 600k or Manu for 700k. Unless Leilua signs for 400-500k I don't think we're going to sign him. We might as well pay extra for one of the best players in that position. If someone pops up in the meantime for the right price we should sign them, I just think it's very unlikely.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When did I say he was old? I said he's 27 years old. But for an outside back, at that age your best football is probably behind you. Especially for someone who as unfit and overweight as Leilua is.
It sounded like you were implying that, my bad

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you rather Leilua for 600k or Manu for 700k. Unless Leilua signs for 400-500k I don't think we're going to sign him. We might as well pay extra for one of the best players in that position. If someone pops up in the meantime for the right price we should sign them, I just think it's very unlikely.
Bro Manu for $700k all day.... sadly I’m pretty sure it won’t happen... hope I’m wrong though.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They'd be crazy to pay him anywhere near that much. He's had off field issues, is overweight, a horrible defender, a dickhead with an attitude problem, gets suspended, is inconsistent and makes more errors than he scores tries.

600k for a player like him would be mental. Fuck that! I can see him leaving Canberra and doubling his weight while playing half as well. He's a headcase who is a ticking time bomb.

Cotric, Manu or Xerri would cost the same and have none of the above issues, are much better talents and aren't scumbags like Leilua is while being five years younger. It scares me with the players the club is linked to sometimes. I hope there's nothing to this.
Yes while Leilua and Radradra are decent players if we're rebuilding don't we need young guys who are going to be around for the majority of their career - not at the backend of their careers ? We should target Joey Manu paying a little more for a younger better player (better defender also with less health issues) and David Fifita. If we get those 2 I'd be happy to have Radradra in addition as he is a rare talent but if Maika Sivo was available I'd sign him ahead of Radradras again because he'd be with us for a long time.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree he adds strike. I also don’t mind him. He adds a lot we lack.

Though at 600k i have far to many questions. His build looks like his weight could balloon at any stage.

Has a major discipline issue (don’t get me
Wrong love the aggression but he’s just not smart)

600k is much prefer Curtis Scott on half of that!

Manu, Mitchell at 800k id rather. Hell even 900k.

As for cotric too he could be a chance at 600k. Prefer him too. I’d even thing staggs would want out if he heard 600k is there haha
Agree

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully the Kotoni Staggs lovers on here are watching the game today, fuck me the missed tackles and misreads in defence are disgraceful!

If it was Montoya, he’d be getting crucified..
Absolute turnstile and it’s not the first time this year either.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a method for my madness
We all know Hopa is smart has great hands, running game and good defence but lacks pace to be a fullback
I believe he is a ready made 5/8
Given that he and Foran are on a million dollars each this year,
Keeping in mind the injuries that threatens Forans future,
Save save save
I would pay Hopa .6 mil his base contract to play 5/8 saving .4 mil
I would let Foran go saving another million dollar saved
$1.4 million will do the job !!!
I'd be very very surprised if Hopa was on anything close to a MIL a season. I've never heard those figures before for him. That's what he was on when he first went to the Eels but soon proved he wasn't worth those dollars. I reckon he'd be on 500. Maybe 600K because of Des the dickhead.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd be very very surprised if Hopa was on anything close to a MIL a season. I've never heard those figures before for him. That's what he was on when he first went to the Eels but soon proved he wasn't worth those dollars. I reckon he'd be on 500. Maybe 600K because of Des the dickhead.
2018 - 400k
2019 - 600k
2020 - 800k

;D

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They'll have to pay 800K or more to keep Mitchell so they won't be able to pay Manu anywhere near the same. I reckon we would be a good chance at getting Manu for the same price as Leilua (600K) or maybe 650K

Your talking about the roosters they can resign whoever they want

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Apparently Being told to explore options doesn’t mean he goes.
They’ll let go walker in a heart beat if it means they can get Latrell and if he really is on a big contract like you say that’s more money they have available to make Latrell a strong offer.[/QUOTE]

Them letting him go isn’t as simple as your implying.

Think of what we just gone through.

If woods and Mbye where on 800-900k whatever stupid figure we “let them
Go” and got left holding a huge chunk of it.

That’s without even listing a bunch of other players who are no doubt on reasonable contracts there.

My point was simply that Souths couldn’t match us.

Status
Not open for further replies.