Dogs want to sign Joey Leilua

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Deano must know him enough to know whether he'd be a good fit for the club. On the field, minus the rubbish, he'd be absolutely perfect for us. And if he delivers $600k is a bargain. He is a bully and we haven't had one of those in the outside backs for a long time...

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Deano must know him enough to know whether he'd be a good fit for the club. On the field, minus the rubbish, he'd be absolutely perfect for us. And if he delivers $600k is a bargain. He is a bully and we haven't had one of those in the outside backs for a long time...
He’s exactly the kind of player we need right now

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If true...Here is my scenario
1 DWZ
2 Meaney
3 Leilua in 2020
4 Mitchell in 2021
5 Smith
6 Hopoate to 5/8 in 2021 as injuries force out Foran :tonguewink:

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With our lack of attacking flair and talent we can’t be picky...but gee I’d love Cotric

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think we need to offload any players. Surely we have enough money to sign just one centre of his Calibure?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
600k? If we wanted to pay that we'd get him as I don't see any other clubs paying that. Leilua's never been my cup of tea and I think we can do better come 2021 regarding that position especially for that money. I believe it would of been worth paying Ramien 600-700k if we did sign Leilua for that amount. If we're going to spend that much on a Centre, buy the best in that position for a little more, for e.g. Latrell, Manu, Staggs, Cotric (Staggs would probably be cheaper but you get the point).

Saying that if we did sign him I'd have faith that Pay and the leadership group could contribute in a positive way regarding his ill discipline. I just think we can do better that's all.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
600k? If we wanted to pay that we'd get him as I don't see any other clubs paying that. Leilua's never been my cup of tea and I think we can do better come 2021 regarding that position especially for that money. I believe it would of been worth paying Ramien 600-700k if we did sign Leilua for that amount. If we're going to spend that much on a Centre, buy the best in that position for a little more, for e.g. Latrell, Manu, Staggs, Cotric (Staggs would probably be cheaper but you get the point).

Saying that if we did sign him I'd have faith that Pay and the leadership group could contribute in a positive way regarding his ill discipline. I just think we can do better that's all.
As much as I would prefer the players you mentioned. I don't see them leaving their current clubs. If we can get him for 600k for 2-3 years and raiders chipping in. It's a good deal

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has to pass the Bulldog DNA test apparently

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
at that price no thanks... hope we don't do it

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would prefer their other outside backs.. Rapana Cotric CNK Croker

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would signing leulia affect our ability to offer Manu a contract?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They'd be crazy to pay him anywhere near that much. He's had off field issues, is overweight, a horrible defender, a dickhead with an attitude problem, gets suspended, is inconsistent and makes more errors than he scores tries.

600k for a player like him would be mental. Fuck that! I can see him leaving Canberra and doubling his weight while playing half as well. He's a headcase who is a ticking time bomb.

Cotric, Manu or Xerri would cost the same and have none of the above issues, are much better talents and aren't scumbags like Leilua is while being five years younger. It scares me with the players the club is linked to sometimes. I hope there's nothing to this.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
With our lack of attacking flair and talent we can’t be picky...but gee I’d love Cotric
Raiders probably willing to let him go because of Cotric. Move him to centre permanently while upgrading him and Simonsson. Most logical move for them.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They'd be crazy to pay him anywhere near that much. He's had off field issues, is overweight, a horrible defender, a dickhead with an attitude problem, gets suspended, is inconsistent and makes more errors than he scores tries.

600k for a player like him would be mental. Fuck that! I can see him leaving Canberra and doubling his weight while playing half as well. He's a headcase who is a ticking time bomb.

Cotric, Manu or Xerri would cost the same and have none of the above issues, are much better talents and aren't scumbags like Leilua is while being five years younger. It scares me with the players the club is linked to sometimes. I hope there's nothing to this.
Xerri !!!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Raiders probably willing to let him go because of Cotric. Move him to centre permanently while upgrading him and Simonsson. Most logical move for them.
Exactly! Don’t help them do this

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a decent centre, I’d rather him than holland or Montoya
Harper a year off nrl
We would all love a Manu, xerri, cotricbut they are either signed or arnt going anywhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.