Dogs should pay win bonuses in 2020 instead of recruiting Dugan etc

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't even want the club to entertain the thought of signing Dugan.
Interestingly enough watched Steve Price have a very deep and meaningful with Segeyaro after full time though.......

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's only a handful of clubs better than us now so instead of wasting $$ on hired guns like Dugan etc who just play musical chairs and wouldn't really buy into the Dogs culture or be good for team morale I'd rather see some of our young players given a go after what we've seen late this season. I think a big incentive to start strong next year would be win bonuses for our players. Young fathers like Harper etc would surely be keen to get every extra dollar on offer. I think we could still do this under the cap.

The only exception is now that Lichaa is confirmed as going I'd sign Segeyaro as a bargain basement purchase to share the hooker role with JMK for 2020. Just in that one run last night Segeyaro showed he still has ability to split the defence. He can help train JMK who is terrific in defence (57 tackles a game, 0 misses) and is throwing some good balls. All JMK needs to do is improve his running game which is Segeyaro's best asset and thus offers us something different for cheap.

A lot of people on here keep going on and on about we should only pay big dollars for spine players but the thing is we don't really need new spine players. We just need to improve strike power in a couple of positions.

We don't need another fullback as DWZ is great plus we have decent backup in Meaney and Hopa. Our wingers are fine. Our halves are fine with 4 decent players in Foran, Lewis, Cogger and Wakeham for 2 spots plus there's no great halves available from other clubs anyway.

Elliott tries very hard but I think that's one area we should improve for 2021. Even during last night's game David Fifita proved he's a beast against our good defence. His tackle bust stats for his last few games are amazing at the age of 19. Imagine him running for the Dogs like that for the next 10 years. I now think he should be our number 1 signing priority for 2021. Whatever it takes to get him basically. After that I'd go Latrell Mitchell still (remember he also kicks goals) or Joey Manu because they are young and have big futures. If we can afford a third then Semi Radradra who will be 29 in 2021 for 2-3 years.
In regards to bonuses - the boys should do the job they already get paid gazillions of dollars for. On another note, the shit that supposedly Klemmer pulled with Pingpong and Pearce. Imagine if Klem was still with us knowing how disengaged he was and he pulled that shit at our club, causing dissent amongst our playing group. I wouldnt want him given a bonus if the team won a match. Set a precedent now and who knows what could happen in the future.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Let Harper and Co develop , I don’t need a quick fix , I want these kids to learn their craft and become guns in the blue and white and make the club great again , fuck bringing in massive ego’s in on big coin , we’ve seen how that works out , DWZ has said he wants to stay if given the contract , he’s been a godsend throw the guy some cash , I want players who wanna be dogs for the right reasons , not just fatten up their super funds , this squad has massive heart , just needs a little tinkering

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we could get Fifita for 2021, I'd be happy to get Joey Manu if it also meant we could get Radradra for 2021. Segeyaro for next year though. If we want to win a comp we need at least a couple of players best or close to best in their position in the whole comp. We also f..king deserve this as fans after living on a tight budget for years. Signing Fifita could be like getting our own Jason Taumalolo - although better in attack

This team for

DWZ
Meaney
Hopoate
Harper
Smith
Foran
Lewis / Cogger / Wakeham
Napa
Segeyaro / JMK
Tolman
CHN
Jackson
Stimson

Toomaga
RFM
Sue
Britt / Ogden

DWZ
Radradra
Hopoate
Manu
Smith
Foran
Lewis / Cogger / Wakeham
Napa
Segeyaro / JMK
Toomaga
CHN
Jackson
Fifita

RFM
Stimson
Sue
Ogden / Britt

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Need to get Brandon Smith on board

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree with Fifita.we need a gun forward.
Pass on Latrell.too inconsistent for big money.
Latrell has a grubby streak which has been tolerated while he's with the Roosters. Put him in a Bulldogs jersey and he'll be on report every second game.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Latrell has a grubby streak which has been tolerated while he's with the Roosters. Put him in a Bulldogs jersey and he'll be on report every second game.
I’m also a little bit worried about this, not so much being on report but the media will be absolutely relentless when he doesn’t have Uncle Nick to protect him.

The media haven’t liked us for a long team but we sell papers and clicks. We also treat them like mushrooms now and they hate it, particularly Paul Kent :grinning:

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kent's a nobody. Look for the strings that dangle he, Ikin and Ennis each time they're on air. They're not paid to express their own thoughts, they're there to shout the outrageous which then gets transferred to clickbait via FoxSports' website. Hey, presto, you've got a 'story', one you'll regret reading afterwards because it's just full of inane crap dished up to justify FoxSports' existence. It's no coincidence their website publishes stories almost daily about what Phil Gould thinks, eats, drinks, farts...THERE'S the analyst they really want, because Gould would lend both their football TV programs and their website, credibility. Something they're not going to get with the current crop of sycophants, not the least being that washed-up alco, Rothfield!!

Now that I've got that off my chest....

NO MORE QUEENSLANDERS FOR OUR DOGS...they all bitch, moan and get homesick!!!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we could get Fifita for 2021, I'd be happy to get Joey Manu if it also meant we could get Radradra for 2021. Segeyaro for next year though. If we want to win a comp we need at least a couple of players best or close to best in their position in the whole comp. We also f..king deserve this as fans after living on a tight budget for years. Signing Fifita could be like getting our own Jason Taumalolo - although better in attack

This team for

DWZ
Meaney
Hopoate
Harper
Smith
Foran
Lewis / Cogger / Wakeham
Napa
Segeyaro / JMK
Tolman
CHN
Jackson
Stimson

Toomaga
RFM
Sue
Britt / Ogden

DWZ
Radradra
Hopoate
Manu
Smith
Foran
Lewis / Cogger / Wakeham
Napa
Segeyaro / JMK
Toomaga
CHN
Jackson
Fifita

RFM
Stimson
Sue
Ogden / Britt
Yes to Fifita and Manu would be good if we could get him, which I doubt. Definite no from me for Segeyaro and wouldn't touch Radradra for the million or so he wants. If we're gonna pay that much for any player it should be Fifita as the main target, and we can surely only afford one million dollar player at most.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fifita would be $1M. We should offer Latrell big money and when the Roosters pay overs to keep him then suddenly move for Manu instead. He can't be on huge $$ at the Chooks. Might be able to get him for 600K. Radradra would be worth 750-800K if he's still anywhere near as good as he was. I remember he was unstoppable in a few games against us. Segeyaro would come very cheap. Best option for hooker left available now and would come really cheap. We need another in case JMK gets injured. Cogger can't tackle well enough or often enough to play 9.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
If we sign that invalid pos Dugan it would prove to us all that the club has learnt absolutely nothing in regards to recruitment.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes to Fifita and Manu would be good if we could get him, which I doubt. Definite no from me for Segeyaro and wouldn't touch Radradra for the million or so he wants. If we're gonna pay that much for any player it should be Fifita as the main target, and we can surely only afford one million dollar player at most.
It should be for s marquee halve we can’t rely on Foran