Great ending to the year

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you to give me something regarding attracting players where other clubs are in for the same player(s). If you can't do that then what's the point of replying to me making fun of what I'm saying? I really don't understand. I didn't even start the paying overs on this thread, you and other idiots did.
You are a dead set nuisance, actually a moron.

What players are you referring to? Koroisau? Ramien? You want to pay overs for those flogs?

DWZ wasn't happy at the Panthers and got a release. We nabbed him. You can go around in fucken circles and bitch and moan that "Tigers didn't have cap room", yadda yadda yadda. There is no proof and the only proof is that we nabbed him.

People going on about Latrell Mitchell, Manu, Ponga, etc...use are going on about players who are still contracted to their clubs. Clubs who will let them go if they so wish!

Latrell Mitchell wanted to come to the Dogs. Fat fuck Cleal and Hasler said no

James Roberts wanted to come, they said no.

Connor Watson wanted to come and they said no.

Munster said he chose Bellamy over Hasler which every bellend with half a brain would do.

We missed out on Koroisau and Ramien, boo fucken hoo....

We "apparently" missed out on Turpentine....boo fucken hoo

Your "marquee" players are only a small handful of players who are locked up long term and wont be going anywhere other than into retirement - Tedesco, RTS, Munster, Smith, T Turbo and Cronk.

Stop talking smack and wait until the season is over and the market goes into overdrive with players off-contract.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I do think we're the last Sydney club a player will sign for. We'll also be tipped bottom 4 again next season (I'll personally predict 2nd/3rd last). I believe $ and results are more important to players then history and culture.

We're not going to back end deals again like we did with Foran, Woods, etc. It just isn't comparable what so ever, we tried to cheat the salary cap (by predicting it's growth years in advance). We'll have to pay a higher flat rate tho.

Any player that we want to sign that another club is interested in we're not going to be able to sign by paying their value (Ramien, Koroisau and Ese'ese, I believe more players will come out over the next few months). There's no reason why they would come to a club in our situation for the same amount of $, as simple as that. Who else was willing to give Britt and Stimson (also no source on Stimson's salary) opportunities when we signed them? I also don't believe these types of players are going to make much of a difference to our results. As it stands I don't think either of them actually make our 17.
So you honestly think we’re the last club players will sign with? That’s funny!

Good to know you rate our club so low.

Nah mate, we’re a very professional club on the rise. Don’t let the mistakes of past administrators fool you into thinking otherwise.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Tell me about it buddy. Got to shake your head at some of these dumb comments!
What makes his argument worse is that tigers recent signings of matulino and packed wouldn't get in our starting side AND they also signed our rejects Reynolds and mbye.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going off how stoked DWZ is it seems like we'd pretty much be the number 1 Sydney club to sign with..

Reactions: TAS

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Going off how stoked DWZ is it seems like we'd pretty much be the number 1 Sydney club to sign with..
Clubs doing a wonderful job with their PR work

Made dwz and Napa feel at home so already got stories coming out of the club and last week Jackson says we're aiming for top 4. Back that onto how we've been playing the past 10 weeks (forget the bullshit commentators are saying with "No pressure" football, that was last year not this year) and we're already looking an attractive option with a war chest for 2021

Least attractive Sydney club my arse.

Tigers are crap, perennial losers
Sharks have salary cap problems
Manly have salary cap problems
Penrith have a massive junior base and are more likely to promote from there
Dragons have a full salary cap

But nooooo were the least attractive lmfao

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

What players are you referring to? Koroisau? Ramien? You want to pay overs for those flogs?

DWZ wasn't happy at the Panthers and got a release. We nabbed him. You can go around in fucken circles and bitch and moan that "Tigers didn't have cap room", yadda yadda yadda. There is no proof and the only proof is that we nabbed him.

People going on about Latrell Mitchell, Manu, Ponga, etc...use are going on about players who are still contracted to their clubs. Clubs who will let them go if they so wish!

Munster said he chose Bellamy over Hasler which every bellend with half a brain would do.

Your "marquee" players are only a small handful of players who are locked up long term and wont be going anywhere other than into retirement - Tedesco, RTS, Munster, Smith, T Turbo and Cronk.

Stop talking smack and wait until the season is over and the market goes into overdrive with players off-contract.
I never said I wanted to pay overs for Ramien or Koroisau, but if we wanted them to come to the club we had to play overs.

DWZ wanted to go to the Tigers, but they couldn't move Mbye on. DWZ's options were play Centre at Eels or play Fullback (his preferred position) at the Bulldogs. If DWZ decided to stay at Panthers he would of been playing reserve grade. DWZ was also a mid season signing so his hand was forced. DWZ was a good signing, but you can't expect the stars to align to sign a similar player again.

I've never mentioned Ponga or Munster (or Tedesco, RTS and Cronk, wtf are you on about?) and I'm always talking about 2021 regarding marquee players. I'm actually 1 of the people that pull up people for mentioning players on contract (unless it's rumoured their current club doesn't want them at the time). The only marquee players I've actually ever brought up are Latrell, Fifita, Arrow and Radradra (I guess I mentioned Trbo brothers when they were 1st rumoured, but I'm off them now because of how expensive they're going to be). I've mentioned Manu and Staggs, but I'm not sure they count as marquee players.

A lot of the things you've brought up here I've never said so that just confirms to me you're struggling with some mental illness.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes, I do think we're the last Sydney club a player will sign for. We'll also be tipped bottom 4 again next season (I'll personally predict 2nd/3rd last). I believe $ and results are more important to players then history and culture.

We're not going to back end deals again like we did with Foran, Woods, etc. It just isn't comparable what so ever, we tried to cheat the salary cap (by predicting it's growth years in advance). We'll have to pay a higher flat rate tho.

Any player that we want to sign that another club is interested in we're not going to be able to sign by paying their value (Ramien, Koroisau and Ese'ese, I believe more players will come out over the next few months). There's no reason why they would come to a club in our situation for the same amount of $, as simple as that. Who else was willing to give Britt and Stimson (also no source on Stimson's salary) opportunities when we signed them? I also don't believe these types of players are going to make much of a difference to our results. As it stands I don't think either of them actually make our 17.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Clubs doing a wonderful job with their PR work

Made dwz and Napa feel at home so already got stories coming out of the club and last week Jackson says we're aiming for top 4. Back that onto how we've been playing the past 10 weeks (forget the bullshit commentators are saying with "No pressure" football, that was last year not this year) and we're already looking an attractive option with a war chest for 2021

Least attractive Sydney club my arse.

Tigers are crap, perennial losers
Sharks have salary cap problems
Manly have salary cap problems
Penrith have a massive junior base and are more likely to promote from there
Dragons have a full salary cap

But nooooo were the least attractive lmfao
How many times do I have to say if another Sydney club wants a player that we want (which they couldn't if they had salary cap problems, even tho Ramien is actually going to the Sharks regardless) there is no attraction besides extra money to come here. So why would they come? You can say the Dragons are below us on the ladder (I assume that's in your locker), but reality is they had a poor season and we had an excellent season.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Fuck you talk shit.....

Reactions: TAS

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

100% mate. I couldn’t agree more.

What a lot of people on here don’t understand, it’s not about us not being an attractive club, that’s just stupid thinking like that. It’s the evil player managers trying to squeeze as much money as they can from all clubs not just us so they can get a bigger slice of the pie from their own clients(the players).

If you were a player and both Tigers and Dogs offered you the same money, would you seriously go to the tigers? They haven’t featured in finals since 2011(8 bloody years), we’ve been to two GF’s in that time. We miss the finals 3 years in a row and people think the world is going to end LOL

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
100% mate. I couldn’t agree more.

What a lot of people on here don’t understand, it’s not about us not being an attractive club, that’s just stupid thinking like that. It’s the evil player managers trying to squeeze as much money as they can from all clubs not just us so they can get a bigger slice of the pie from their own clients(the players).

If you were a player and both Tigers and Dogs offered you the same money, would you seriously go to the tigers? They haven’t featured in finals since 2011(8 bloody years), we’ve been to two GF’s in that time. We miss the finals 3 years in a row and people think the world is going to end LOL
Ese'ese? If he actually joins the Tigers what are you going to say then? The situation: we're coming out of a salary cap mess, everything before it is irrelevant. We're a bottom 4 side (especially on talent). Players want success or more money. We can't give them success now so they're going to want more money. Look at the signings and money the Knights spent, we're in a similar boat. I don't think the world is going to end... I also think we will get out of this situation, but we're not going to do it by signing no one and developing juniors.

Last edited:

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ese'ese? If he actually joins the Tigers what are you going to say then? The situation: we're coming out of a salary cap mess, everything before it is irrelevant. We're a bottom 4 side (especially on talent). Players want success or more money. We can't give them success now so they're going to want more money. Look at the signings and money the Knights spent, we're in a similar boat. I don't think the world is going to end... I also think we will get out of this situation, but we're not going to do it by signing no one and developing juniors.
Was it not reported that we are no longer in talks with Ese Ese? So if he goes to Tigers it would be irrelevant. Unless you know why the club is no longer interested?

Why have Stimson and Britt joined us? was it cause we paid overs? They are playing regular first grade and playing well.

What makes us so unattractive to you? What makes Penrith, Wests, Parra, St George, Cronulla more attractive? Roster? Location? Coach?

We've won the last 4/5 games. All against top 8 calibre teams. How does that support your argument that we are a bottom 4 side? Or how about the fact that we aren't in the bottom 4?

Many players on the team seem to be genuinely buying into the team and culture. Foz, DWZ, CHN, RFM, Napa and Jacko all come to mind as good players who seem to love/appreciate the club. Like work places, players would use this as a basis for their decision.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How many times do I have to say if another Sydney club wants a player that we want (which they couldn't if they had salary cap problems, even tho Ramien is actually going to the Sharks regardless) there is no attraction besides extra money to come here. So why would they come? You can say the Dragons are below us on the ladder (I assume that's in your locker), but reality is they had a poor season and we had an excellent season.
Again you talk a load of shit.

There's many reasons why players would want to go to any club.

Team they supported as a child
Stuck behind a first pick at their current club and looking for first team football
Impressed by the direction the coach and administration has for the club
Word of mouth through other players
Etc etc etc

For you to stupidly say we fail in every aspect of being attractive to players is just sheer stupidity.

Ffs api selected us and LITERALLY reneged last second to a Penrith deal we knew nothing about. To clear that for you api actually selected us to come to, until Penrith came from no where and made some kind of deal to api which he accepted on the spot and didn't even give us a chance for a counter offer or was too embarrassed to go back to the dogs for a better deal.

So your garbage of we're not an attractive option is bullshit otherwise we wouldn't even be in for api in the first place

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Again you talk a load of shit.

There's many reasons why players would want to go to any club.

Team they supported as a child
Stuck behind a first pick at their current club and looking for first team football
Impressed by the direction the coach and administration has for the club
Word of mouth through other players
Etc etc etc

For you to stupidly say we fail in every aspect of being attractive to players is just sheer stupidity.

Ffs api selected us and LITERALLY reneged last second to a Penrith deal we knew nothing about. To clear that for you api actually selected us to come to, until Penrith came from no where and made some kind of deal to api which he accepted on the spot and didn't even give us a chance for a counter offer or was too embarrassed to go back to the dogs for a better deal.

So your garbage of we're not an attractive option is bullshit otherwise we wouldn't even be in for api in the first place
All those examples are great and all, but at the end of the day results and money are both more valuable then that (for 99% of players).
Like I said if we're the only club in for a player then we can probably get a deal done.
The Koroisau situation just proves my point. You probably shouldn't bring that up.
I'm sure we're talking to everyone off contract/available.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
All those examples are great and all, but at the end of the day results and money are both more valuable then that (for 99% of players).
The Koroisau situation just proves my point. You probably shouldn't bring that up.
We're the least attractive option for players means they would not even consider an offer from us if there are others involved and in this case api could have dug his heels in and stayed with manly rather than come to us.

Dope

BULLDVGS

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But the Api situation doesn't support your argument at all. We don't know why he picked Penrith. Knowing Ivan Cleary, it's because he was offered overs.

That does not prove that we are the most unattractive option in Sydney.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
But the Api situation doesn't support your argument at all. We don't know why he picked Penrith. Knowing Ivan Cleary, it's because he was offered overs.

That does not prove that we are the most unattractive option in Sydney.
What was he offered?
How are Penrith sitting/expected to go next season?
Until we sign players you're just believing this isn't the case, whereas there are examples for what I believe in.