Official Chris Anderson to stand down effective immediately

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It is surprising that his leaving. Whatever the real reason is good luck to him. appreciate the task he took on as it was a mess someone needed to clean up.
Hope he succeeds in whatever he does.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So Turvey was staying on till the election wasn’t he? So that leaves us with two spots to fill ASAP. Would love a couple of big hitters from the big end of town to get on there.
I think you missed a part. They said that they would not fill the position until after the next election, so that the members could have their say on the candidates put forward.
This shows a lot of respect to the clubs members, and is a smart move by the board. Well done I say!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you missed a part. They said that they would not fill the position until after the next election, so that the members could have their say on the candidates put forward.
This shows a lot of respect to the clubs members, and is a smart move by the board. Well done I say!
I must have missed it. I’m not sure that’s the smartest way to go about things they will be 2 members down in the busiest part of the year in terms of organising things for next year. I’m sure the current board will have some preferred candidates that they would want to take the vacant spots. The members will have their say no matter what it wouldn’t make sense to have two vacant positions for 25% of their entire term.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Both the haters & the lovers can put a spin on this news to suit their feelings..

But IMO the jobs no where near finished ..

and with CAnderson wearing so many caps and taking on a such a wide role in the footy department.. thier gonna need to find a replacement pretty quick..

CAs role is pretty similar to the sort of role Gus had at Penrith..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is Price's position vacant as well as Turvey and Anderson?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I must have missed it. I’m not sure that’s the smartest way to go about things they will be 2 members down in the busiest part of the year in terms of organising things for next year. I’m sure the current board will have some preferred candidates that they would want to take the vacant spots. The members will have their say no matter what it wouldn’t make sense to have two vacant positions for 25% of their entire term.
Yeah I guess that's true. But they would no doubt need some time to find the right applicants for the job, and I believe they should take their time in doing so. They should also be well aware of what their schedule over the next few months, and I would hope that Chris Anderson would not step down in a time of need.
Let's just hope the transition is smooth and we end up with the best candidate.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both the haters & the lovers can put a spin on this news to suit their feelings..

and with CAnderson wearing so many caps and taking on a such a wide role in the footy department.. thier gonna need to find a replacement pretty quick..

Reading between the lines and I might be wrong but it did sound like Steve Price might be picking up a lot of the slack on what C Anderson was doing around the club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I guess that's true. But they would no doubt need some time to find the right applicants for the job, and I believe they should take their time in doing so. They should also be well aware of what their schedule over the next few months, and I would hope that Chris Anderson would not step down in a time of need.
Let's just hope the transition is smooth and we end up with the best candidate.
Pricey stood down a few weeks ago now so you’d think they would be well down the path of finding replacements. So hopefully they can get them in there soon so there is little disruptions. Wouldn’t be surprised if Nick Dimas is ends up on there after being the only member of the Anderson ticket to miss out in the last election. I really hope they don’t try and get James Marroun on there again.....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So what’s the real reason?
Something must have changed suddenly for him to step down straight away. If he thought he had done all he could do you’d think he would just hang around till the election to save the disruptions seeing as Price had already stepped down too.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
What are the business interests? Didn't the company he was a director of wind up recently.

There's still a hell of alot of work to be done, I think there's more to this story that what's mentioned.

I hope the new board members are high calibre people who can draw in sponsors and the like, by all accounts Kia is gone next year and we need someone capable of finding a replacement plus third party deals etc.
What do you mean what are his business interests? He doesn’t have to explain anything lol. And so what if the company he was directing went bust? Do you know how many billionaires have had company’s go bust on more than one occasion. Take John Symond owner of Aussie home loans, he’s been bankrupt twice,look what his net worth.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Something must have changed suddenly for him to step down straight away. If he thought he had done all he could do you’d think he would just hang around till the election to save the disruptions seeing as Price had already stepped down too.
i have a feeling spoonman its not to do with the dogs the way he has stepped down im guessing its a health thing. Hope he sorts himself out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have a feeling spoonman its not to do with the dogs the way he has stepped down im guessing its a health thing. Hope he sorts himself out.
Yeah that would make sense mate. Hopefully what ever the problem is he can sort it out and it has a good ending.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If only Mark Bouris never jumped ship to the Chooks all those years ago we could have had a good one there! He was a big Bulldogs fan growing up before dropping interest during Super League. James Packer got in his ear and got him on the Roosters board and that was the end of that.
Yeah that bloke is one of the dodgiest blokes going around he could of sorted us out with some 3rd party deals for ire

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you mean what are his business interests? He doesn’t have to explain anything lol. And so what if the company he was directing went bust? Do you know how many billionaires have had company’s go bust on more than one occasion. Take John Symond owner of Aussie home loans, he’s been bankrupt twice,look what his net worth.
Haha, thanks for your explanation of business but I'm well aware how it works.

I get people here love the Andersons but doesn't make them beyond questioning.

Someone raised that you can't run for the board if you have been a director of a business that has been wound-up, the situation is a little different to winding up and restarting business in general.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score

They have put in place some key people like Steve Price and Steven Livienski around the football team to sort things out.