Status
Not open for further replies.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think we all thought Klemmer would be a huge loss for us. Turns out he’s probably not that much of a loss. We do need more muscle up front but I honestly don’t see any benefit to even thinking about having him back. We could grab a forward from Fiji on min wage and probably get more out of him than Klemmer. Thanks but stick to that winning feeling you’ve got at Newcastle buddy
I was happy to see him go and knew how much drama he and his wife were creating at the club. I was concerned how we would go in the forwards but agree we haven’t really lost much

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't Klemmer admit his a dogs tragic not long ago. Blokes a Bulldog at heart, most probably regrets ever leaving the place.

Now I wonder how many people have left their jobs and then realised how good they had it...
Mate if he was a dog at heart he wouldn’t have fucked off at a time when doing so was going to destabilise the club so much.him and woods have a lot to answer for imo

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To me he's the past. Don't see how him coming back would benefit the team either on or off the field.

Does he want to come back? Does he regret leaving in the way he did? Who gives a shit tbh. We look too much at the past us supporters. He's not the type of player we need atm. He wasn't the type of player we needed when he was here if you're honest with yourselves. Sorry. He 'bled blue and white' to many on here ... yeah, that worked out well didn't it?

If a prop is what we need ... then he 100% wouldn't even be on my list.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate if he was a dog at heart he wouldn’t have fucked off at a time when doing so was going to destabilise the club so much.him and woods have a lot to answer for imo
Mate their is a massive list of this blokes that pissed on the club and forever call themselves bulldogs and everybody forgives them sooner or later... Everybody is just being childish and naïve in my opinion.

Mason
Reni
Pay
Dymock
Pricey
O'meley

And the list goes on....

As i said his got plenty of respect to regain but imo having Klem back would be a massive plus for the club both on and off field.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate their is a massive list of this blokes that pissed on the club and forever call themselves bulldogs and everybody forgives them sooner or later... Everybody is just being childish and naïve in my opinion.

Mason
Reni
Pay
Dymock
Pricey
O'meley

And the list goes on....

As i said his got plenty of respect to regain but imo having Klem back would be a massive plus for the club both on and off field.
Can't speak for others but I don't particularly care about most of those above for leaving. Pricey. O'Meley. Mason. Reni. Good luck to them.

But the 4 that went to Parramatta at the time they did and they way they did it .... I can't 'forgive' Jarrod McCracken, Dean Pay, Jim Dymock and Jason Smith for doing that. Sorry. I put that as even worse that what Sonny Bill did ....

But the debate for me isn't whether we as fans would welcome Klem back, it's that he isn't the type of player we should be looking to bring back. Sorry. Never understood all of the fanfare about him. Was it because he was a Bulldog through & through that made us love him so much? Great player on his day but not what we need imo

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mason
Reni
Pay
Dymock
Pricey
O'meley

And the list goes on....

Mason was front and centre in turning half the team against folkes and destroyed the club for a short period. Of the long list this is the bloke that should be blacklisted from the club

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't speak for others but I don't particularly care about most of those above for leaving. Pricey. O'Meley. Mason. Reni. Good luck to them.

But the 4 that went to Parramatta at the time they did and they way they did it .... I can't 'forgive' Jarrod McCracken, Dean Pay, Jim Dymock and Jason Smith for doing that. Sorry. I put that as even worse that what Sonny Bill did ....

But the debate for me isn't whether we as fans would welcome Klem back, it's that he isn't the type of player we should be looking to bring back. Sorry. Never understood all of the fanfare about him. Was it because he was a Bulldog through & through that made us love him so much? Great player on his day but not what we need imo

Well Pay is coach, Dymock was assistant and even Lamb who had the biggest problem with them forgave them. Water under the bridge now.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mason was front and centre in turning half the team against folkes and destroyed the club for a short period. Of the long list this is the bloke that should be blacklisted from the club
Yet the bloke walks around considering himself a Bulldog because that's who he wants to be... Sooner or later these blokes realise the Bulldogs are one of if not the best club out there and most probably regret the shit they done.

And He shouldn't be Blacklisted u know why.... Because after all Mason has done in rugby league, the fact he considers himself a Bulldog and speaks highly of just goes to show good this club is. Its an attraction to all at the end of the day and if Klemmer does the same then it will be a glowing effect on other players.

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well Pay is coach, Dymock was assistant and even Lamb who had the biggest problem with them forgave them. Water under the bridge now.
Water under the bridge maybe but that doesn't mean we should even forgive them. Sorry. People always talk about Sonny Bill or Mason but those four for me. If we hadn't won the grandfinal that year I think a lot of peoples opinion would be very very different

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Water under the bridge maybe but that doesn't mean we should even forgive them. Sorry. People always talk about Sonny Bill or Mason but those four for me. If we hadn't won the grandfinal that year I think a lot of peoples opinion would be very very different
I agree about the GF part but SS, Life is too short to hold grudges my friend.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I agree about the GF part but SS, Life is too short to hold grudges my friend.
Honestly man, as soon as a player leaves the Dogs to me they're done. Don't see all the carry on about how people leave or whatever.

I'm just making a point that everyone always singles out SBW or whoever for the crappy way they left the club, but forgets the Parra 4 who to me were the worst amongst them all imo. Literally screwed over everyone at the club, especially Bullfrog. It is water under the bridge, but I'll never forget that.

At the end of the day any player leaving the Dogs is dead to me and I don't particularily want them back, especially if they're the ones who wanted the move in the first place!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its all good and well to say that loyalty to a club is the only thing that matters.
But all the above mentioned people left because they received a better offer.
How many people on here have never changed their job?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Mason
Reni
Pay
Dymock
Pricey
O'meley

And the list goes on....

I respect your opinion and I hear what you are saying brother,but Klemmers actions at the time showed his true colours,and now newcastle are getting a taste,bringing klemmer back would be a massive step backwards for mine.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I respect your opinion and I hear what you are saying brother,but Klemmers actions at the time showed his true colours,and now newcastle are getting a taste,bringing klemmer back would be a massive step backwards for mine.
Don't you think it will show the comp how good Belmore is compared to Newie though? In all honesty I would rather a Ryan James or a Paul Vaughan anyway but the fact Klemmer is coming back to Belmore slightly out weighs others in the current climate.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would take Klemmer back but not on ridiculous money... I was not happy how he left but he was released by the club

SBW, on the other hand, fled in the middle of the night, after spreading stories in the weeks leading up to it, undermined efforts by the club to address issues he had, insinuated that Folkes was racist, that Dr Hugh Hazzard lied to him about his injuries to dupe him into signing a 5 year deal etc... and somehow he returns to the game in 2013 to honour a hand shake agreement he had with Politis but had walked out on an ironclad, 5 year written and registered contract with us... and the game's reaction, add campaigns of "SBW... OMG!"... SBW's thoughts broadcast during matches like he is some great thinker and not just some malleable dunce easily led around by Mundine and Khoder Nasser... and what happened to us in the year he left --> wooden spoon... and we got to watch players we had to let leave due to salary cap pressure contributed to by keeping SBW on a long term deal (eg. Asotasi, Myles etc.) succeed elsewhere

but yeah, just get over it

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still think napa has played well for us all year,and klemmer has been no loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.