Opinion Bulldogs have apparently left up to $800k for Semi Radradra

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think they're in talks with the NRL to allow Barber back into the game. Hear they want to offer him 1.2M and a sack of rock.
He’s a play maker with creativity and strike so 1. Barbs 2. Radradra 5. R Smith as our back 3 I wouldn’t mind

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The club needs to target a marquee half first and foremost, as much as I love Foran we need to let him go when his contract finishes, we need someone we can rely on.

Once we have our spine set then we can throw stupid money at outside backs or forwards. What's the point of having Latrell or Semi if they are playing outside of Lewis?
If we want to be competitive in 2021 that isn't an option, there just isn't any marquee halves available. Currently, if we don't want to stick with Foran and Lewis (or Cogger, if you're 1 of those people), then the next best option is CHT (Harris-Tavita) and Croft (maybe Townsend), when I look at that, I think we just focus on other positions/players in the squad (but, mainly what marquee players are available for 2021). We're only throwing stupid money at the first players we recruit to the club (unless 2021 is just a complete failure, then we're in a lot of trouble moving forward). I think Milford and Wighton are available too (off contract, at least), but they're already on big contracts.

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have an issue with $800 k for semi, he is a matchwinner.
Not many opostion players i get nervous about, but this guy was one of them.
But we have to get a decent centre to pair him up with, otherwise he will only be used for yardage carries. And not worth it.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We keep saying ‘go after playmakers’ like there’s an abundant available on the market. Lol. You go for what’s currently best on the market. You don’t gamble on futures. It doesn’t work that way ffs.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I dont have an issue with $800 k for semi, he is a matchwinner.
Not many opostion players i get nervous about, but this guy was one of them.
But we have to get a decent centre to pair him up with, otherwise he will only be used for yardage carries. And not worth it.
Lets say we bought Radradra and Latrell. I think we'd want to separate them. So pair Radradra with Hopoate. We need to balance both sides.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets say we bought Radradra and Latrell. I think we'd want to separate them. So pair Radradra with Hopoate. We need to balance both sides.
And both those players can break a game wide open. Both are X factors and can score from anywhere.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And both those players can break a game wide open. Both are X factors and can score from anywhere.
Yep and that's why I've been pushing the point that we need Latrell and David Fifita, even if they're going to cost 900k-1m. I'd really consider Radradra after that (but he's ageing). Regardless who we get, we have a really good base and are an effort team. We add 2 explosive players that can break a game open out of nothing (like you said) and I'm confident we can make top 8 in 2021 and push for better after that.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We keep saying ‘go after playmakers’ like there’s an abundant available on the market. Lol. You go for what’s currently best on the market. You don’t gamble on futures. It doesn’t work that way ffs.
Doesn't mean you spend 800k on a winger that has been out of the NRL and living it up overseas for the last year or so lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn't mean you spend 800k on a winger that has been out of the NRL and living it up overseas for the last year or so lol.
I haven't seen any recent photos of him, but i can't imagine he is at fighting weight a the moment.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2021 is so far away. And his whole game is based on athleticism. Unless it’s like a 2 year contract

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin olam and semi on the left, faarrrk. Wouldnt you just shit bricks for 80 mins.

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would also be concerned about losing one of our young outside backs... I’m fine with Montoya, Crichton, Holland leaving but I don’t think we should let go of Meaney, Okunbor, Smith, Harper, Averillo and Tais.

With that said 800k is a bit much. Especially considering the guys above are on peanuts. Radradra MIGHT be an improvement, but it’s not worth it.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would also be concerned about losing one of our young outside backs... I’m fine with Montoya, Crichton, Holland leaving but I don’t think we should let go of Meaney, Okunbor, Smith, Harper, Averillo and Tais.

With that said 800k is a bit much. Especially considering the guys above are on peanuts. Radradra MIGHT be an improvement, but it’s not worth it.
You'd rather stick with Meaney (or any of the other players you've mentioned) then Radradra? We're weak left Wing, left Centre and Hooker. Some people might add Halfback to that list, also maybe Napa starting Prop and also Elliott starting Lock. Our hand is sort of forced regarding what marquee players we can sign and they're those that are available for the 2021 season (or earlier I guess...)

How much do you think Radradra is worth without paying overs? You need to understand we can't bring anyone in for their actual value if they're wanted at another club for the same offer (bar the Titans or we're the only Sydney club that want them and that's a necessity for them). If you'd say 500-600k is what Radradra is worth, then that's why we have to pay 800k.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt he was a great player before his hike to Europe
It just feels like a lot of money for a winger in general not to mention the obvious fact
800 could be better spent perhaps on a current top line NRL player
For mine a hooker and half need to be priority

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Radradra be like putting a fUlly sIck muffler on a beat up old galant. Problem is the rest of the driveline needs sorting first so the exhaust can to do its job.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay that much for a semi. You can get a much cheaper one from the Sefton area.
I would. The guy is a metre eater coming out of our 20 is exactly what we need. I know for a winger it's a lot of money but he is more than just a winger imo. He brings fear to oppositions as well.

Plus, this is all just speculation. We could pay him 500-600k and the TPA'S on top of that. Media just trying to get in first as usual but their stories are always questionable