Apparently bulldogs are in talk with semi radradra?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Geez our club apparently talks a lot or just loves a good yarn-
Ramien, Ese’ese, Api, Radradra, SBW, Latrell, Turbos, Turpin, Oates, Thompson, Marsters, Holbrook, Flanagan and Gus.
Anyone else wanting to meet us for a chit chat?
You missed Holmes lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Just heard on triple M talks went really well with Semi and we are keeping $800k aside for him in 2021.... it’s a lot of money for a winger but I reckon if we sign a $500-$550 reliable centre we could make it work... all rumours thou obviously...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Just heard on triple M talks went really well with Semi and we are keeping $800k aside for him in 2021.... it’s a lot of money for a winger but I reckon if we sign a $500-$550 reliable centre we could make it work... all rumours thou obviously...
We have enough money to sign 2 1m players (marquee) and a young gun on a decent contract (similar to Knights and Ponga, so 500-600k). E.g. we could sign Radradra, Latrell and Grant. Obviously we could spread the money out on more players, but remember we have to overpay for anyone to come, so it's really silly to do so. For me regarding marquee signings, I'd look at Radradra after Latrell, Fifita and Arrow (so 3rd or 4th option depending how talks go with the others).

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If you could choose for me d Fifita and latrell are top 2.

Semi and grant would be my gambles.

Not fussed in arrow. Maybe it Tolman goes.

Dwz
Smith
Latrell
Hoppa
Semi
Wakeham/Lewis(Foran if he was reasonableY cheap)
Cogger
Tolman
Grant
Napa
Chn
Fifita
Jackson

Stimson
Rfm
To’omaga
Jmk

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think anyone who expects us to be signing multiple marquee players over the next few years is going to be very disappointed.

I spoke to someone at the club and they are focusing heavily on junior recruitment and retention and splashing huge money on big names isn't in the plans.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
800k for 2021, im sure Semi thought talks went well. I see very little value in that for the club.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dude was a fucking freak. I’d love is to sign him.

Smith semi and Dwz give us 3 high quality backs. If we managed to snag latrell wow

even if we can’t get latrell a Curtis Scott or similar quality centre would still be amazing for our backline which is something we haven’t had in fucking forever.

I mean I’d say 0 chance but imagine if we managed to use the “war chest” and land something like semi, latrell and some good half and a few forwards with game breaking ball playing ability and size/mongrel. Even sbw a year or 2 would be entertaining.

Dwz
Semi
Latrell
Hoppa
Smith

Fuck me. If hoppa goes try smith at centre and play Meaney or okunbor on wing.

Dreams are free lol. We will likely continue to miss out on anyone good or even above average and bring back Warburton and Montoya and holland ffs. Maybe lichaa too.

Fuck I need to see some good signings. Depressing as fuck. Our third straight year no finals and our best recruit for next season so far is britt?

Not trying to be negative. We have been in a shit space but fuck me can we pleaseeeee recruit and improve in positions we so badly need too, it can’t be that hard. It’s virtually every single position....
Wouldn’t we all lol..!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think anyone who expects us to be signing multiple marquee players over the next few years is going to be very disappointed.

I spoke to someone at the club and they are focusing heavily on junior recruitment and retention and splashing huge money on big names isn't in the plans.
Exactly mate. We don’t want to go crazy spending money and getting in trouble again. Some people on here think we are going to buy the Australian team (and oh pay overs for them) haha

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to sign one centre and ive warmed to the idea of an older boy seeing as we have Schoupp and Averillo and a host of others coming through. So yeah im happy with 800k for Semi if hes fit and fully committed to giving all he has for us

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

this is good...if we sign Semi our backline recruitment is over imo we have depth for wing imo, meaney fullback cover and 3-4 good young centres coming through if you include Harper. Forwards are solid for now, will need to recycle 1-2 come 2022... really its just hooker and a marquee half if Foran goes.

Last edited:

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

God help us if that's true

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Don’t we still have to spend 95% of the cap?
Are we just going to pay our juniors bigger salaries to get to that mark?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t we still have to spend 95% of the cap?
Are we just going to pay our juniors bigger salaries to get to that mark?
The will still be buying players from outside of the club they just won't be buying marquee players like Latrell. The amount it costs to get them to change clubs just isn't worth it.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Come off it! It's the best approach the club can take at the minute.
Agree. It's weird how our supporters haven't learnt from our past mistakes. We've tried to buy ourselves out of troubles and look where it ended us!?!?

Honestly, I'm glad the club is looking long-term and focusing on making the right decisions for the club whether it be retention or buying new players. I truly believe the club is on the way up, though I still have reservations about Pay ... but we'll see.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We have enough money to sign 2 1m players (marquee) and a young gun on a decent contract (similar to Knights and Ponga, so 500-600k). E.g. we could sign Radradra, Latrell and Grant. Obviously we could spread the money out on more players, but remember we have to overpay for anyone to come, so it's really silly to do so. For me regarding marquee signings, I'd look at Radradra after Latrell, Fifita and Arrow (so 3rd or 4th option depending how talks go with the others).
I don’t like 2 x close to a $1m on outside backs it’s too top heavy in my opinion. Radradra sounds more realistic than Latrell. Latrell is the best centre in the world on his day but you are paying $1m he ain’t coming for less than that unless we entice him with something else.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to sign one centre and ive warmed to the idea of an older boy seeing as we have Schoupp and Averillo and a host of others coming through. So yeah im happy with 800k for Semi if hes fit and fully committed to giving all he has for us
The thing I also like about Semi is he takes a lot of pressure off the forwards with his runs and he’s a genuine draw card for the crowds. He will come back fresh after rugby cause there is less contact playing in the outside backs.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree. It's weird how our supporters haven't learnt from our past mistakes. We've tried to buy ourselves out of troubles and look where it ended us!?!?

Honestly, I'm glad the club is looking long-term and focusing on making the right decisions for the club whether it be retention or buying new players. I truly believe the club is on the way up, though I still have reservations about Pay ... but we'll see.
Agreed, buying your way out of trouble rarely works unless you have a stable base to begin with and even then its risky and it only gives you a premiership window. The club wants long term sustainable success and they are going the right way about it.

The person I spoke to said the club is very confident that they have several players in the lower grades that will plug the holes in our current squad and then they will look at bringing players in.