News The Dean Pay way: 'Unashamedly' old school

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Unashamedly a very average coach

Anderson sounds like he’s going to sign him for life purely for the ‘old school dog’ narrative

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I want inside training videos from the club like Liverpool do. Is this an unrealistic expectation from me by being spoilt by Liverpool or are NRL clubs just lazy? This content would be so much better than these shit fluff pieces as we could actually relate to the players/staff and see how they interact.
I would love inside training videos like LFC. The club should do Bulldog TV like LFCTV but the NRL is run by idiots

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tallis in 95 grand final? thought it was lazzo in semi final.
I remember Robert Relf landing a ripper of punch on someone from Saints in the scrum. I can’t remember if it was Wayne Bartrim or Tallis but it was a old school upper cut from the second row and got him good! I think Tallis and Pay ended up in the bin that game too.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A
Dean Pay, one of my favourite players of all time! If you never watched him play then you shouldn't comment. Geez I hope he grows into a great coach too.
agree great player for us although I was disappointed he went to parra at the time

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
I remember Robert Relf landing a ripper of punch on someone from Saints in the scrum. I can’t remember if it was Wayne Bartrim or Tallis but it was a old school upper cut from the second row and got him good! I think Tallis and Pay ended up in the bin that game too.
Yep remember rocky relf smashing someone in the scrum. Than choc losing saints the game .

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Here’s a link to watch that Dragons semi this is one of my favourite Dogs games of all time there was plenty of niggle and it was so satisfying ending the Dragons season after what happened in that 93 finals game.

Classic Terry Lamb thuggery 2nd Half @36min through video.

Reminds me of the time he bashed Michael Speechley that day.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not really a fan of the article but no use complaining tbh.

Pay will be here next year, let's hope he makes good use of the off season, plays as many trials as possible and has the squad fit.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unashamedly a very average coach

Anderson sounds like he’s going to sign him for life purely for the ‘old school dog’ narrative
Can anyone remember a similar media piece anything like this fluff with any other team?

Dean's confidence must of needed a boost?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want inside training videos from the club like Liverpool do. Is this an unrealistic expectation from me by being spoilt by Liverpool or are NRL clubs just lazy? This content would be so much better than these shit fluff pieces as we could actually relate to the players/staff and see how they interact.
Objective achieved. All the Pay Haters are given context by the Andersons as to why they think hes the man to take us back to the promised land. Pay ain't going nowhere chumps. Suck it up. Hes here for the long haul. Get behind our coach or fuckoff the lot of you haters. You wont be missed by us supporters LOYALTY to the Club.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here’s a link to watch that Dragons semi this is one of my favourite Dogs games of all time there was plenty of niggle and it was so satisfying ending the Dragons season after what happened in that 93 finals game.
Just watched, bloody awesome. No wrestle in the tackles, fast paced and both teams hard as fuck. No sooky la la's laying on there backs trying to milk penalties. How good were the refs without a bunker. Couple of errors missed but who cares, better without the stop start and the refs not having a hand in the outcome of the game. Sure is a differant game today.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
This gives me Paul Mcregor at Dragons vibes...

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score

100% fuck Gordon Tallis on every level he has impacted this sport.

on the field .

off the field.

commentary.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn’t play Tallis in the 95 grand final

He did in a quarter final against the dragons in the rain at the sfs
He might’ve been talking about how Pay put Glenn Lazarus out of our semi against the Broncos with a big hit. Broke Lazos sternum from memory.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He might’ve been talking about how Pay put Glenn Lazarus out of our semi against the Broncos with a big hit. Broke Lazos sternum from memory.
Yep.. about 3 mins 39 into video..Ouch.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
And why shoul
Objective achieved. All the Pay Haters are given context by the Andersons as to why they think hes the man to take us back to the promised land. Pay ain't going nowhere chumps. Suck it up. Hes here for the long haul. Get behind our coach or fuckoff the lot of you haters. You wont be missed by us supporters LOYALTY to the Club.
and why should we fuck off
Because we dont support a muppet who's selection criteria clearly shows, that he has his favourites which is the very reason why this club is in the situation it is in. Plus it's called democracy, so like it or not democracy gives me the freedom of voice to like and what not to like.