Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Agree to disagree on some points. Yes Lewis isn't the answer. For pay to carry cogger on the bench and not have a plan to use is just stupid, Especially in the conditions in North QLD.
We didn't lose because of Lewis because he saved 2 tries but he lacks polish to his game. Foran needed to step in and take control in the last 10. Also pays bench play is crap. Renouf n Mariner were doing well than they get taken off.
Everytime he touches the ball the play completely breaks down lol. We have CHN being wasted most games because Lewis can't provide him with a decent ball to run onto. Then he throws those stupid as shit inside balls to a flat footed Tolman.

He wasn't the only one responsible, I put the majority of the blame on the spine and Pay. JMK got through plenty of work but his decision making and play from dh was awful, Foran had nice touches but didn't have the legs to get on the ball anywhere near enough, DWZ was a passenger due to injury we already know what I think of Lewis.

Who's to say these tackles don't get made if Lewis isn't there anyway? Cogger was hardly leaking points in recent weeks anyway. We had plenty of opportunities to score, we just needed someone in the spine to get their shit sorted for a couple of sets.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Blah blah blah blah, thats your opinion, blah blah blah blah thats our opinion.. Seriously has Lewis got naked pictures of some of the kennelers on here or what??? I know some of us happen to like Lewis and believe he is good for the team, me included (position is still to be worked out in my opinion) but the hatred from some of you against one of your own is fucking sad..

He WANTS to play for the Dogs unlike Koroisau, Ramien and for what its worth even Klemmer and he has plenty of mongrel in him so we should back him and find a spot that suits him and the team.

If you dont like the grit that he brings then maybe you dont like the same style of play I love, which is the one we have been playing and reminds me of Ryan and Folkes type teams.

Anyway, flame on....
Has nothing to do with hatred or what not, he's just fucking shit. He's playing in the halves yet he can barely do a single thing required of a half, simple as that. We then come on here and have posters jerking off over him as if he's some prodigy so of course there's going to be conflict.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Has nothing to do with hatred or what not, he's just fucking shit. He's playing in the halves yet he can barely do a single thing required of a half, simple as that. We then come on here and have posters jerking off over him as if he's some prodigy so of course there's going to be conflict.
WTF..:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Where did I Chrissy Amphlett myself over him..?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does any first grade half not have an accurate kicking game?
Its up to Pay to coach it.
I think the Nth QLD heat killed him.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you related to cogger right?
I have never seen someone who has as little skill
And ability as this player with the ball in the hand. He is yet to complete a single pass kick or play that would even be graded a 2 out of 10 in two years. Every single moment he holds the football in hand is pure purgatory. The longer we preserve with this muppet the longer this club sits in the bottom 8.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How does any first grade half not have an accurate kicking game?
Its up to Pay to coach it.
I think the Nth QLD heat killed him.
A first grade coach cannot teach a first grade player how to kick and pass, however an under 8's coach up to under 16's can teach a player how to kick and pass.

Ffs, if a player comes into 1st grade who does not know how to kick and pass, how and why the fuck is he in first grade?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yeah it seems Cogger is only on the bench to cover a Foran injury. Pay didn't seem to have the confidence in him make an impact when we needed something different against NQ. That was a very strange call.

Lewis has minimal decent skillset for a half at this stage but I'd like to see him in the centres this week (for Holland) and bring Cogger in to start. I don't think Lewis is a centre long term (probably a back-rower if anything), but it suits for this game cause Lewis is a great defender.
Prob be better to have cogger start and brown on bench. At least we can offer more from hooker. King is decent but offers nothing from hooker.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t you fricken want to win a comp?

Renoylds is not the answer
What do you have against Reynolds that when we mention him you get so embarrassed, I think you got a bit of a short Memory the guy can make breaks, got a great kicking game, won us lots of games by kicking field goals, scored heaps of trys from mid field, was a good defender, has heaps of first grade experience, is a good utility player and above all is passionate about our club. he played for NSW when they won that series, Our supporters where chanting his name when he ran on to Belmore oval & now your embarrassed when we mention his name, You got to be kidding if you don't think this guy will bring something special to our team, the reason he is not playing well at the tigers is because his heart is not in it. Even Steve Mortimer thinks we should bring him back. YES I do want to win a premiership. And I'm not embarrassed to say bring back Josh Reynolds, give him a go, Tigers pick up 1/2 the tab, What do we have to lose?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you have against Reynolds that when we mention him you get so embarrassed, I think you got a bit of a short Memory the guy can make breaks, got a great kicking game, won us lots of games by kicking field goals, scored heaps of trys from mid field, was a good defender, has heaps of first grade experience, is a good utility player and above all is passionate about our club. he played for NSW when they won that series, Our supporters where chanting his name when he ran on to Belmore oval & now your embarrassed when we mention his name, You got to be kidding if you don't think this guy will bring something special to our team, the reason he is not playing well at the tigers is because his heart is not in it. Even Steve Mortimer thinks we should bring him back. YES I do want to win a premiership. And I'm not embarrassed to say bring back Josh Reynolds, give him a go, Tigers pick up 1/2 the tab, What do we have to lose?

Oh the reason he isn’t playing well is because his heart is not in it?
Sorry I didn’t think of that excuse
Fair enough

If you want renoylds back then your happy to not win a comp for many more years.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a gun defender but clueless with the ball lock is his spot

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As has been said for ages and i can tell you the club wants to play him at lock but our current roster does not allow that...he wont be a half much longer.
Cogger has been good but his size is his weakness unfortunately for him...he is targeted in defence and spends all his time recovering from tackling monsters who continually run at him leaving little for attack.
I like Cogger but I agree with Lewis playing at half for the moment over him and the results don't lie either.
Cogger will get his turn soon enough and Lewis will be at lock asap.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
IF we had bigger, agile props possibly lock but we'd have a small pack with him at lock. Will have to build himself up.

But it does seem the only position for him. Not well rounded enough with halfback skills to keep the spot long term.

Reactions: DT

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lewis would be more suited as a half in a side like the Broncos where they have a heap of attacking players or the titans who don't like tackling. ATM his lack of attack makes a bad situation at the dogs worse - a slow backline and a couple of plodding forwards who get in the way in attack. The criticism doesn't detract from his effort and defense which is outstanding.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
As has been said for ages and i can tell you the club wants to play him at lock but our current roster does not allow that...he wont be a half much longer.
Cogger has been good but his size is his weakness unfortunately for him...he is targeted in defence and spends all his time recovering from tackling monsters who continually run at him leaving little for attack.
I like Cogger but I agree with Lewis playing at half for the moment over him and the results don't lie either.
Cogger will get his turn soon enough and Lewis will be at lock asap.
Lewis doesn't deserve to play lock, have other forwards that are better than him and will continue to be better.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why reward a player because he has great defense by playing him in a different position at the cost of weakening that position because "he just has to be in the team". It just doesnt make any sense, he'll always be the weakest link.