Lewis is the worst half to ever play any form of football for 125 years

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds out of the question now with Koroisau coming. I think he would of been the next best choice tho.
Koroisau is not coming now ( probably listen to all the Bullshit his mate Hassler would be spreading about our club ) anyway doesn't wanna play for the Bulldogs so lets get someone who does want to play for our club and is passionate about it. BRING BACK REYNOLDS if its not to late

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ohhhhhhh you are going to cop it now
I Know, But that's what I really believe and I'm sticking with it, Again just give him a one year contract, the tigers can pick up the tab & see how he goes we have nothing to lose and imagine him & Forum playing together at their best. mouthwatering.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What does Lewis provide in attack to make it a no contest?
I really think that Cogger should play this week just to see how he goes with Foran. Lewis is not the answer, he defends well and his kicking could be better. This weeks game means nothing so Pay should try things.

bert

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen someone who has as little skill
And ability as this player with the ball in the hand. He is yet to complete a single pass kick or play that would even be graded a 2 out of 10 in two years. Every single moment he holds the football in hand is pure purgatory. The longer we preserve with this muppet the longer this club sits in the bottom 8.
BULLSH.T !!!!!

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If cogger starts We still don't score more than 12 points . Our attack isn't much better with cogger at this point of the season. On the flip side with Lewis his defence saves 2 or 3 tries a game. We can't score points with or without him , but with him we are a better defensive unit.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never seen someone who has as little skill
And ability as this player with the ball in the hand. He is yet to complete a single pass kick or play that would even be graded a 2 out of 10 in two years. Every single moment he holds the football in hand is pure purgatory. The longer we preserve with this muppet the longer this club sits in the bottom 8.
Yeah nah.. he’s alright. Saved many tries probably the best defensive half in the league . Move on

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cogger starts We still don't score more than 12 points . Our attack isn't much better with cogger at this point of the season. On the flip side with Lewis his defence saves 2 or 3 tries a game. We can't score points with or without him , but with him we are a better defensive unit.
This. 100%

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really think that Cogger should play this week just to see how he goes with Foran. Lewis is not the answer, he defends well and his kicking could be better. This weeks game means nothing so Pay should try things.
We are still yet to see Wakeham and Foran. Potentially our best halves combo for next season.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well at least he doesn't crab like your last whippin boy.

What do you mean that he can't pass a ball?
Can't run?

Please I'm all eyes n ears.. Show me how he can't pass or run and I can show you how he CAN pass and RUN
Do you watch the game? The amount of times he throws the ball to a teammates head/knee/ankle/ dick is ridiculous. Not to mention the amount of times he doesn't even hit the player and throws it miles behind them. Don't even get me started on his running game, completely non existent and if he does decide to try and run it just looks like the average forwards hitup.

I can't believe there needs to be a discussion on this, the bloke is fucking shit and it's easy to see. He simply doesn't have the required skillset of a half. The only thing he has is a cutout ball to a winger/centre in space and a below average short kicking game...has nothing else.

We can't score points yet people still praise the bloke most responsible for this because he's a "good defender". He's a half ffs, being a good defender will NEVER make up for a lack of offensive ability.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We literally scored more than 12 points in Coggers last two games with him providing the key plays so that proves your first point wrong. We have also conceded a fuck load of points with Lewis in the side at times so that also counters your other point.

Lewis is hardly this magic fix, yes he can be relied upon to make one on one tackles close to the line far more than any other half in the game, but it's not as if he's not making poor reads at times and finding himself out of position. Just for example he is responsible for more line breaks being conceded than fucking Holland who gets smashed on here despite them playing the same amount of games.

Yes it was probably the right call to play him in recent weeks with us spoiling teams, but to not throw Cogger out there while we're struggling is ridiculous considering he has contributed multiple tries in recent weeks and would actually get on the ball like we needed one of our halves to do.

The team as a unit is also defending far better collectively and that's not just because of the inclusion of one player. Players are more disciplined in the line, they're looking to get back quicker, we're getting more numbers into the tackle..just some things I noticed with us.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
We literally scored more than 12 points in Coggers last two games with him providing the key plays so that proves your first point wrong. We have also conceded a fuck load of points with Lewis in the side at times so that also counters your other point.

Lewis is hardly this magic fix, yes he can be relied upon to make one on one tackles close to the line far more than any other half in the game, but it's not as if he's not making poor reads at times and finding himself out of position. Just for example he is responsible for more line breaks being conceded than fucking Holland who gets smashed on here despite them playing the same amount of games.

Yes it was probably the right call to play him in recent weeks with us spoiling teams, but to not throw Cogger out there while we're struggling is ridiculous considering he has contributed multiple tries in recent weeks and would actually get on the ball like we needed one of our halves to do.

The team as a unit is also defending far better collectively and that's not just because of the inclusion of one player. Players are more disciplined in the line, they're looking to get back quicker, we're getting more numbers into the tackle..just some things I noticed with us.
Agree to disagree on some points. Yes Lewis isn't the answer. For pay to carry cogger on the bench and not have a plan to use is just stupid, Especially in the conditions in North QLD.
We didn't lose because of Lewis because he saved 2 tries but he lacks polish to his game. Foran needed to step in and take control in the last 10. Also pays bench play is crap. Renouf n Mariner were doing well than they get taken off.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do you watch the game? The amount of times he throws the ball to a teammates head/knee/ankle/ dick is ridiculous. Not to mention the amount of times he doesn't even hit the player and throws it miles behind them. Don't even get me started on his running game, completely non existent and if he does decide to try and run it just looks like the average forwards hitup.

I can't believe there needs to be a discussion on this, the bloke is fucking shit and it's easy to see. He simply doesn't have the required skillset of a half. The only thing he has is a cutout ball to a winger/centre in space and a below average short kicking game...has nothing else.

We can't score points yet people still praise the bloke most responsible for this because he's a "good defender". He's a half ffs, being a good defender will NEVER make up for a lack of offensive ability.
Blah blah blah blah, thats your opinion, blah blah blah blah thats our opinion.. Seriously has Lewis got naked pictures of some of the kennelers on here or what??? I know some of us happen to like Lewis and believe he is good for the team, me included (position is still to be worked out in my opinion) but the hatred from some of you against one of your own is fucking sad..

He WANTS to play for the Dogs unlike Koroisau, Ramien and for what its worth even Klemmer and he has plenty of mongrel in him so we should back him and find a spot that suits him and the team.

If you dont like the grit that he brings then maybe you dont like the same style of play I love, which is the one we have been playing and reminds me of Ryan and Folkes type teams.

Anyway, flame on....

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Thank you Nab Fab for restoring my faith in the kennel, you clearly know and understand your footy. I love the dogs and will support whoever wears the jersey, but Lewis is really hard to watch. We need to be honest with ourselves get past this habit of praising and rewarding mediocrity. He’s not a half, nor is he or can he be turned into a hooker, lock or centre as many kennellers suggest. He belongs in Canterbury cup and if this club is serious about becoming a top four side, he should not be part of the plan going forward

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree to disagree on some points. Yes Lewis isn't the answer. For pay to carry cogger on the bench and not have a plan to use is just stupid, Especially in the conditions in North QLD.
We didn't lose because of Lewis because he saved 2 tries but he lacks polish to his game. Foran needed to step in and take control in the last 10. Also pays bench play is crap. Renouf n Mariner were doing well than they get taken off.
Yeah it seems Cogger is only on the bench to cover a Foran injury. Pay didn't seem to have the confidence in him make an impact when we needed something different against NQ. That was a very strange call.

Lewis has minimal decent skillset for a half at this stage but I'd like to see him in the centres this week (for Holland) and bring Cogger in to start. I don't think Lewis is a centre long term (probably a back-rower if anything), but it suits for this game cause Lewis is a great defender.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Koroisau is not coming now ( probably listen to all the Bullshit his mate Hassler would be spreading about our club ) anyway doesn't wanna play for the Bulldogs so lets get someone who does want to play for our club and is passionate about it. BRING BACK REYNOLDS if its not to late

Your an embarrassment

Wtf
You blokes see in this shit ****!!

Last edited:

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t you fricken want to win a comp?

Renoylds is not the answer

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis will most likely be in the halves next year too. FML

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Get a hold of yourself man - I've seen worse. Give the bloke a chance, he is a champion in the making mark my words.
He's not setting the world on fire in attack admittedly, but how long did it take you to walk and talk once you slipped out of
the birth canal.
No no no no no no no no, a champion in the making, seriously? He’s so uncoordinated it’s painful to watch. In the time it takes him to catch and pass I could make a cup of tea and dunk a family pack of assorted creams. Tolman’s quicker than him, he’s got zero footy smarts and I can’t recall him ever beating a tackle. A good half has quick hands, runs onto the ball, sometimes digs into the line to engage defenders and creates room for his outside men. Lewis cramps his outside men with slow inaccurate service and allows the defense to simply drift across and then rush up.

Oh but he’s a good defender and plays with spirit so all is forgiven, please! He’s still prone to a bad defensive read and was responsible for the try we conceded against parra. He wouldn’t get a game anywhere else, the raiders didn’t want him, pretty sure STUART’s a reasonable judge of a footy player, and I’d be very surprised if come November 1 any clubs, be they nrl or super league show any interest in him. There’s no upside with him, he should play Canterbury cup next season, see his contract out then hopefully he can make a living from his baby business cause he won’t be able to as a professional footballer.

Reaction score
Lewis is better than most in the team. Best tackler and has influenced our defence.
Although not in the half’s, I think he can be used as a lock forward he also still growing and very tough player.