Official Round 24 - Bulldogs vs Cowboys - Discussion Thread

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Last night shows you how heavily we rely on DWZ and Foran. DWZ was busted but I get why he played when it was effectively a knockout game. He toughed it out but he was no where 100%. Foran looked good early in the first half but hit a wall around 20 mins not sure if he was injured or just couldn’t handle the conditions up there as he looked out on his feet for much of the game.

Without our two most important players in attack firing we needed someone else to step up but it never happened.
What would have been so wrong with an interchange between Cogger and Foz to give him a spell. Good experience for Cogger after missing past 2 games as well as saving Foran for big 2nd half effort.

Pay is a big worry.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Haven't posted on here a lot throughout the year but I have been shaking my head at the stupidity of the majority of people on here who allowed themselves to start believing we could make the finals or that we had earned the right to even compete with the top teams in this years finals series.

Yes we had a nice little run for the last few weeks but we are still a team who is struggling and trying to rebuild after being ripped apart by Des Hasler and Raelene Castle.

The season overall should be seen as a success and in hindsight (once everyone loses the emotion) I am sure it will be seen that way.

I'm looking forward to further improvements next year.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we looked the better team for most of the night, only used 7 interchanges though which doesn't make any sense, cogger had to come on to add some spark.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What would have been so wrong with an interchange between Cogger and Foz to give him a spell. Good experience for Cogger after missing past 2 games as well as saving Foran for big 2nd half effort.

Pay is a big worry.
Even playing 3 halves on the field could have been a option. Cowboys had used all their interchanges up with 18 mins to go and Cogger’s running game could have caused some damage.

You could tell at halftime points were going to be a struggle for us in that game. I’m not sure why Pay was so against mixing things up.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Last night shows you how heavily we rely on DWZ and Foran. DWZ was busted but I get why he played when it was effectively a knockout game. He toughed it out but he was no where 100%. Foran looked good early in the first half but hit a wall around 20 mins not sure if he was injured or just couldn’t handle the conditions up there as he looked out on his feet for much of the game.

Without our two most important players in attack firing we needed someone else to step up but it never happened.
I see a few people commenting on the weather up here ie heat humidity etc , I live north of townsville and last night was perfect for football temp was in the sub twentys with very little humidity and no dew.We simply have not been fit enough since the start of the season for mine. First quiet game from DWZ and we dont look like the same side.As for foran he just isnt match fit too many injuries ,he is cooked.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hold that feeling!! I’m feeling we win and win convincingly!! No disrespect to Cowboys but they really haven’t adjusted well without the great JT in 2019

They have strung some good wins this year but not enough to showcase what our boys have shown over the 6 weeks.

I think we will see the boys inject a real potent attack tonight with the backing of their strong D.

Doggies by 16..
Lol

Snoop

Waterboy
Reaction score
Haven't posted on here a lot throughout the year but I have been shaking my head at the stupidity of the majority of people on here who allowed themselves to start believing we could make the finals or that we had earned the right to even compete with the top teams in this years finals series.

Yes we had a nice little run for the last few weeks but we are still a team who is struggling and trying to rebuild after being ripped apart by Des Hasler and Raelene Castle.

The season overall should be seen as a success and in hindsight (once everyone loses the emotion) I am sure it will be seen that way.

I'm looking forward to further improvements next year.
I have to disagree on your wording stupidity but more so HOPE...I guess that’s how PASSIONATE the majority of people are about the doggies..

But you’re right on the rebuilding side and for next year..can’t wait

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I see a few people commenting on the weather up here ie heat humidity etc , I live north of townsville and last night was perfect for football temp was in the sub twentys with very little humidity and no dew.We simply have not been fit enough since the start of the season for mine. First quiet game from DWZ and we dont look like the same side.As for foran he just isnt match fit too many injuries ,he is cooked.
Why did every single player look exhausted and like they could barely breathe? The commentators constantly mentioned that and 89% humidity

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you say so. You must be right.
What u dont get jean is only u and a few other dellusional people have somehow seen a coaching prowess in pay that any normal human being cannot see. Ive told people his strenghs and weaknesses along time ago with others on here that have been involved under dean. But apparently where just liars according to u.
I dont dislike the bloke. Should be playing more of a mal meninga role though.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did every single player look exhausted and like they could barely breathe? The commentators constantly mentioned that and 89% humidity
lol 89 percent humidity..............fuck off troll

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We don’t know the situation with the bench players or game plan. It’s a shame you're only a security guard or you could apply to be the coach
Now your just trying to start. We know the situation. The bench players were fresh and un used and the game plan was fucking shit again u donkey.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol 89 percent humidity..............fuck off troll
I’m not a troll mate. I don’t normally watch channel 9 but am away for work and had no fox on TV here. He’s a young, thin guy and said 89% humidity. I guess he made it up then

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Now your just trying to start. We know the situation. The bench players were fresh and un used and the game plan was fucking shit again u donkey.
Did I insult you? I never say something to someone I wouldn’t say to their face. This was a post before all that crap happened last night but thank you for bringing it up

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree mate. I’m so pissed off about losing but coming on here cheers me up because of all the know-alls and armchair coaches
U say no alls and arm chair critics yet u and jean have put up more posts than anyone.
Strange

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Even playing 3 halves on the field could have been a option. Cowboys had used all their interchanges up with 18 mins to go and Cogger’s running game could have caused some damage.

You could tell at halftime points were going to be a struggle for us in that game. I’m not sure why Pay was so against mixing things up.
Exactly. Pay should have been priming Cogger at half time that he was gonna be coming on. No plan. Just dumb conservative coaching.