The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see myself working from home. I did it less than 5 days last year at my previous job... bore the shit out of me! Has it's advantages... no commute (especially in shit weather), wear what you want, no boss watching you, toilet/food breaks anytime, but you're so isolated and closed-off from a buzzing office atmosphere. Being an extrovert, WFH is something I cannot do, but wouldn't mind doing it on an as-needs basis, or in case of emergency.
My line of work relies on notworks, so one disadvantage of working from home is that you aren't naturally close to the people you need to. Not only is it more difficult to coordinate coffees/lunches etc, you miss out on the "bump into" - where you might be walking through Queen Street mall on your way back from lunch and you bump into a lawyer you haven't seen for a while, who was just thinking about who to refer his next client to, and nexy minute, you're having a coffee with him.

Overall, working from home, if you are disciplined, is better. But i used to have a completely separate are under my house for working. So when Mrs CD would leave for work (and before our son was born), I would lock up the house and go downstairs, and unlock my office (this is a Queenslander design home) to work, only popping back up for lunch. When Mrs CD got home from work. I would call it a day and we had so much more time for hanging out, taking the dog for a walk etc. it is also so much easier to get those little things done during the week - like drop off our car for a service, popping up to the supermarket, getting a load of washnig done etc. That then frees up the weekend.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My line of work relies on notworks, so one disadvantage of working from home is that you aren't naturally close to the people you need to. Not only is it more difficult to coordinate coffees/lunches etc, you miss out on the "bump into" - where you might be walking through Queen Street mall on your way back from lunch and you bump into a lawyer you haven't seen for a while, who was just thinking about who to refer his next client to, and nexy minute, you're having a coffee with him.

Overall, working from home, if you are disciplined, is better. But i used to have a completely separate are under my house for working. So when Mrs CD would leave for work (and before our son was born), I would lock up the house and go downstairs, and unlock my office (this is a Queenslander design home) to work, only popping back up for lunch. When Mrs CD got home from work. I would call it a day and we had so much more time for hanging out, taking the dog for a walk etc. it is also so much easier to get those little things done during the week - like drop off our car for a service, popping up to the supermarket, getting a load of washnig done etc. That then frees up the weekend.
Yeah that's pretty good, but for me being isoloated in itself is psychological torture. I mean not having anyone around makes the place seem excessively quiet and boring. I like to get out and talk to people and be in the middle of a buzzing office. The at lunchtime you can go for a walk downtown and do what you need to do (the city has everything). I did enjoy the luxury of working from home last year the day of our Christmas party though lol... I actually had a job interview in the morning which I went to, then came home, got changed, and went into work for the party. I felt guilty about it but it's very hard going to a job interview when you already have a job.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I joined up with someone to form a new firm last October, so its back into the city for me. I do miss some aspects of working from home, but I do admit it more social in town, and there is a lot more eye candy.
Pros and cons to everything ;)

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Special law will always be toilet paper in the free state of NSW.
Those slack fucks.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
If anyone seen a silver camry on the Horsley and Cumberland this morning going sideways up the ass of a courier driver sounding the horn.
Then you caught me in a road rage incident with a stupid courier driver who decided to cut me off!

Ladies, I know your brains work different to us stupid men.

But heres how it works usually.
If you're not sure? then don't proceed!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol it seems everyone is getting banned lately what's going on with this place a lot of unrest
Yeah I’ve noticed.
Why is this forum becoming a soviet enclave? Lol.

If I get banned for this, it will prove there’s a mod who can’t take a joke and he/she is drunk with internet powers!

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the double standards of social media.

Any group on Facebook to do with people being critical of the white race gets to stay.
Any group being critical of any race other than white is deemed racist.

This shit needs to end.
There is a lot of people from ethnic groups other than whites who need to be educated on racism because they are the biggest racists!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the double standards of social media.

Any group on Facebook to do with people being critical of the white race gets to stay.
Any group being critical of any race other than white is deemed racist.

This shit needs to end.
There is a lot of people from ethnic groups other than whites who need to be educated on racism because they are the biggest racists!
No clue

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bluffathon continues, still can't see a good explanation for it though.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a bloke at my gym that wears a baseball cap everyday. He's a bit older but trying to look younger . I bet under that baseball cap is a bald head or badly decomposed scalp. Like Leyton Hewitt, Noone has ever seen him without his hat. I bet he's bald

I just want to knock the baseball cap off his head and shout "aha"

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
There is a bloke at my gym that wears a baseball cap everyday. He's a bit older but trying to look younger . I bet under that baseball cap is a bald head or badly decomposed scalp. Like Leyton Hewitt, Noone has ever seen him without his hat. I bet he's bald

I just want to knock the baseball cap off his head and shout "aha"
Do it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Ffs why is it, the best way to win a womans heart is through something shiny and pricey?